Delta 1.4 Update Out Now! (50% Off Sale)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Billy+

08 Jul 2022

Man don't give up your player is excellent and everyone should buy a copy especially given the discount price right now. Keep up the excellent work and hang in there :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Socram
RE Developer

08 Jul 2022

Haha oh no I'm not trying to bum anyone out or look for pity, life just pulls you in a lot of directions and right now I'm not really prioritizing RE dev is all, the gap between 1.3 and 1.4 was probably a clear indicator of that :D
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

Yonatan

09 Jul 2022

See Delta is at sale now, been eying it for long. Cannot remember how it was. Is it still worth it at €39?

joeyluck

09 Jul 2022

Socram wrote:
08 Jul 2022
Appreciate all the kind words everyone, so glad to see longtime and new users excited about the update and sale!
joeyluck wrote:
08 Jul 2022
Marcos, if [making Delta bigger] is something you'd consider, maybe we can make a poll? :-)
This is definitely something I've already considered at a few points. I had a hard time finding the sweet spot on how tall to make the device, on smaller screens it already starts to take up quite a bit of real estate and when it came out most devices were relatively small, so I tried to strike a balance. If memory serves correctly its currently 5U and the maximum size (very few devices I can think of are) is 9U :o.

I like the current size as the default and in a perfect world it would just be adjustable/expandable as another poster suggested, but alas this is not a feature of the RE SDK.

If I could wave a magic wand and grant a larger version to everyone who has already purchased it I would, but I don't know if that's something RS would really entertain.

I'll ponder on this a bit, but I find myself with less time and motivation for RE development these days.
Yeah I definitely respect your personal taste and the fact that it would be extra development time. It would be cool if someday the SDK allowed for user resizing. I was just pointing out that out of all of the REs, particularly players, that Delta would certainly be the most acceptable to be larger. I'm on a 13" MacBook Air, and I don't feel like it would be too large if it were a little taller. Even Chord Sequencer, as simple as it is, is 2U higher, and I haven't seen any huge complaints about that. But I realize that if making a compromise of making it taller, then there's another decision of how tall. Anyways, thanks for this update! Looking forward to trying out the new features!

mjxl

09 Jul 2022

Yonatan wrote:
09 Jul 2022
See Delta is at sale now, been eying it for long. Cannot remember how it was. Is it still worth it at €39?
Pff, yeah!

DaveyG

09 Jul 2022

Yonatan wrote:
09 Jul 2022
It's one you need to demo. I love what it does but I have not bought it because I know I would not really use it. You have to have a certain mindset to get the best out of it.

Stygian Abyss

12 Jul 2022

Huge thanks to Marcos for the awesome implementation of my CV input suggestions in the mother of all Players. :clap:
Bes wrote:
08 Jul 2022
i'd love to see CV in combined with the 'set velocity' node
I like this idea too, but it can also be done with UTL Modifier.

Bes
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2022

thanks for the tip, but i was hoping for a more reliably fast mod path than routing cv through combi

i agree that this is a great update to an already great device
Stygian Abyss wrote:
12 Jul 2022
Huge thanks to Marcos for the awesome implementation of my CV input suggestions in the mother of all Players. :clap:
Bes wrote:
08 Jul 2022
i'd love to see CV in combined with the 'set velocity' node
I like this idea too, but it can also be done with UTL Modifier.
- Certified Reason expert

huggermugger

12 Jul 2022

Yonatan wrote:
09 Jul 2022
Delta does all kinds of useful and interesting things, including harmony, chords, melody and bass manipulation, rhythmic control, strums, cool effects, etc, and comes with a ton of presets. If you use just a few of its many functions regularly, it is DEFINITELY worth owning, especially on sale.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 9.41.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 9.41.57 AM.png (483.35 KiB) Viewed 2314 times

challism

12 Jul 2022

huggermugger wrote:
12 Jul 2022
Yonatan wrote:
09 Jul 2022
Delta does all kinds of useful and interesting things, including harmony, chords, melody and bass manipulation, rhythmic control, strums, cool effects, etc, and comes with a ton of presets. If you use just a few of its many functions regularly, it is DEFINITELY worth owning, especially on sale.
It's a steal at this price. It's worth more than full price. It's the most versatile player in the shop. I fell in love with it immediately and can't believe I waited so long to get it. I would guess that you probably won't see it cheaper than it is now.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

jonnyretina

12 Jul 2022

Socram wrote:
08 Jul 2022
I'll ponder on this a bit, but I find myself with less time and motivation for RE development these days.
Hi, I just bought Delta. It's wonderful and it's sad to hear you're finding yourself running out of steam with it - it seems like it still has so much more potential. I was wondering if you could hopefully add a simple but life-changing feature before you potentially abandon ship altogether?

What I would like is a new Time mode called Sequencer Sync. Essentially what it would do is synchronise MIDI events to a specified time denomination within the sequencer as long as it's running (essentially a form of real-time MIDI time quantising).

For example: A 1 bar sync setting with a note-on played at 1.3.4.21 wouldn't play that dry event but instead would output the note-on at 2.1.1.0, as that is the next full bar in the sequencer. As a further example, a 1/16 sync setting with a note-on played at 1.3.4.21 would instead output at 1.4.1.0 as that is the next 1/16 position in the sequencer. This is just an example with note-ons, the same thing could also be optional for note-offs too.

Essentially this mimics the functionality of this real-time MIDI time quantiser https://maxforlive.com/library/device/1 ... i-quantize and there's an updated version here too which also adds shuffle https://maxforlive.com/library/device/7 ... antize-2-3

Is this functionality something you could consider adding to make Delta even more powerful? It would also make it even better suited to performing live with - allowing it to sanitise any MIDI input and ensure the resulting output always has note-ons and/or note-offs locked in time with the sequencer in real-time?

Please let me know if this is something the RE SDK makes possible and if if you would consider adding it as, unless anyone knows otherwise, there isn't any way to do this in Reason at present.

Bes
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2022

jonnyretina wrote:
12 Jul 2022
What I would like is a new Time mode called Sequencer Sync. Essentially what it would do is synchronise MIDI events to a specified time denomination within the sequencer as long as it's running
this is something i think you could do with the current nodes. maybe the new cv switch seq sending a trigger at the last moment of each bar so it progresses with the transport, or something similar with the older trigger seq node. alternatively, with the cv switch seq in 'select' mode and maybe this free cv generator https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... /lpcvfree/ and if you build a combinator to house your patch you only need to build it once

jonnyretina

13 Jul 2022

Bes wrote:
12 Jul 2022
jonnyretina wrote:
12 Jul 2022
What I would like is a new Time mode called Sequencer Sync. Essentially what it would do is synchronise MIDI events to a specified time denomination within the sequencer as long as it's running
this is something i think you could do with the current nodes. maybe the new cv switch seq sending a trigger at the last moment of each bar so it progresses with the transport, or something similar with the older trigger seq node. alternatively, with the cv switch seq in 'select' mode and maybe this free cv generator https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... /lpcvfree/ and if you build a combinator to house your patch you only need to build it once
OK, so I've had a play and tried this. I've got a Lectric Panda ZFO2 triggering transport synchronised CV into the Delta CV input. I've had a try at using If statements, the CV Switch and the Trigger Switch and I can't get anywhere close to what I want.

I'm not even sure how to set a note-on or a note-off timing programmatically via Delta, using either a CV input or Delta's link to the transport clock as a means to trigger this. I think it's going to need a new feature added by Static Cling.

jonnyretina

13 Jul 2022

I've had a think about this some more and for a basic note-on time quantise functionality, all that needs adding is a 'Transport Sync' option to the Delay node - this would result in Wet Events getting synchronised to the running Transport clock rather than their timing being synchronised to the Dry Event.

This option combined with a Static Cling AutoLatch afterwards (which because note-on is quantised, would result in note-off being quantised too - even though all notes would now become identical length) would do the trick enough for me to sanitise my input and create cleaner real-time MIDI performance in a live situation.

If anyone has any precise ideas about how to achieve the note-on Transport Sync part of my request with the existing Delta nodes, please let me know :)

Bes
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2022

i think i originally misunderstood what you wanted. you want a live note time-quantiser. thats an interesting concept

jonnyretina

13 Jul 2022

Bes wrote:
13 Jul 2022
i think i originally misunderstood what you wanted. you want a live note time-quantiser. thats an interesting concept
It seems like an obvious extension of Delta's power to make it do this. It can already alter MIDI in lots of ways; being able to manipulate the timecode of note-ons and note-offs in a way that would keep them always synchronised with the transport seems like a very logical addition.

Really hoping that Socram sees this post and can let us know if this is something it would be feasible to add in to Delta for 1.5 :)

Bes
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2022

time stuff is much more difficult from what i hear. there was way back in the develpment of DELTA, a node that would alter the length of a midi note but it caused a lot of bugs and was eventually scrapped

jonnyretina

14 Jul 2022

Bes wrote:
13 Jul 2022
time stuff is much more difficult from what i hear. there was way back in the development of DELTA, a node that would alter the length of a midi note but it caused a lot of bugs and was eventually scrapped
Ah OK, that makes sense. Perhaps it needs a separate RE to do this if it would cause problems within the Delta codebase, Stuff like this is definitely possible I would think; AutoLatch is a perfect example of what can be achieved in real-time with altering MIDI note data. It maybe just needs a companion RE that can alter timing, given AutoLatch is design to alter length. Here's hoping Static Cling can step up to the plate :)

zoidkirb

14 Jul 2022

Great update for an essential RE, Socram.

Johnnyretina have a look at this combinator. It might get you a bit closer to what you need:
viewtopic.php?t=7491318

jonnyretina

15 Jul 2022

zoidkirb wrote:
14 Jul 2022
Great update for an essential RE, Socram.

Johnnyretina have a look at this combinator. It might get you a bit closer to what you need:
viewtopic.php?t=7491318
Cheers for this. I've tried both this and the CorrecTime and whilst they're great for triggering Kong, I want a more universal MIDI effect via a Player - that way I can trigger any instrument or play a lead line and have the notes always come out hard locked to the transport metronome.

manisnotabird

05 Sep 2022

Now that it accepts CV, it would be cool if you could scale parameters via CV. Or a CV-controlled chance switch where a minimum CV value at the selected CV input all the incoming MIDI events would go to the first output, and as you increase the CV value there'd be an increasing chance incoming events would be sent to the second output, until you reached a maximum CV value where all incoming MIDI events would then be routed to the second output.

• Information