Kuassa Rectifor RE in action…

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
marcuswitt

11 Jul 2022

Although it's not in the RS Shop yet, here are a few first impressions of this amp sim:

... more examples to be found on Kuassa's YT channel.

moneykube

11 Jul 2022

yummy :exclamation: :re:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Gardinski

11 Jul 2022

Fantastic news. It's always exciting to see/hear a new amp from Kuassa.

Between Kuassa and Turn2On, guitarists are remarkably well catered for in Reason: a fact that I don't think gets pushed enough amidst the endless sea of electronica and trap tutorials.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2022

In the last video the fuzz is after the amp...always thought the pedals go before the amp. Guess I'm just traditional.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MarkTarlton

11 Jul 2022

MrFigg wrote:
11 Jul 2022
In the last video the fuzz is after the amp...always thought the pedals go before the amp. Guess I'm just traditional.
edit - in my opinion it should be the very first pedal after your guitar in the chain, so yes in front of the preamp :)

strangers
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2022

I'll be interested in giving this a go once it's released since I've played Mesa Rectifiers for years. Initial impressions based on the videos and Soundcloud examples is that it sounds more like a Marshall than a Mesa Rectifier. That's only going by the initial examples so I'll reserve my final thoughts once I can give it a test drive.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2022

MarkTarlton wrote:
11 Jul 2022
MrFigg wrote:
11 Jul 2022
edit - in my opinion it should be the very first pedal after your guitar in the chain, so yes in front of the preamp :)
I actually have my compressor before the dists/fuzz and wah. Maybe Kuassa know something we don't.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2022

strangers wrote:
11 Jul 2022
I'll be interested in giving this a go once it's released since I've played Mesa Rectifiers for years. Initial impressions based on the videos and Soundcloud examples is that it sounds more like a Marshall than a Mesa Rectifier. That's only going by the initial examples so I'll reserve my final thoughts once I can give it a test drive.
I've got the VST and it's Mesa all the way. Been loading my own IRs though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

11 Jul 2022

Kuassa comp pedal lives at the front of my guitar chain but I'm known mostly for hitting the drumb
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

motuscott

11 Jul 2022

Usually not the beat you guitar frickers are looking for

moneykube

15 Jul 2022

out now... https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... uitar-amp/
intro price 50 percent off !

littlejam

16 Jul 2022

hello,

thanks moneykube for the headsup7up

grabbed it from the shop at half price
groovy

the video demos (sounds)
reminded me of this guy

its nice to keep the kuassa re collection up to date

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

strangers
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2022

Giving this RE a test drive and not really sold on it so far. If I didn't have anything to put this up against then I'd maybe be on board but it's unfortunately not really holding a candle to anything. Some of the things that aren't really cutting it for me:

1. The onboard cabs are underwhelming. After scrolling through each of them, I quickly bypassed and used other cab sims and IRs which help.
2. I get the idea of the channels although I'm not hearing much beyond 1 = Dark with less gain 2 = Slightly less dark with a tad more gain 3 = A little brighter with a little more gain.
3. Type A is apparent and meant to be clean/low gain. B and C aren't very different. One is slightly more muffled than the other even when comparing the same type and channel.
4. The EQs are really safe and don't cover much of a range. I have to crank the high and presence knobs for any degree of clarity and articulation.

First day's worth of demoing it reminds me of early amp modeling like the old Line6 spiders. I'll keep running this through the paces and maybe even record some comparisons for anyone that may be interested. I don't mean for any of the above to come off as negative. Just giving an honest opinion as a big Rectifier nerd.

challism

16 Jul 2022

Since this isn't an RE, I'm moving it to the VST forum.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

moneykube

16 Jul 2022

challism wrote:
16 Jul 2022
it is in the reason studios shop as a re :re:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... uitar-amp/
the VST came first> followed shortly thereafter> as a rack in the shop
first impressions were of the VST that was coming as a rack... 4 days latter the rack is in the shop ...
so why is this in the VST section???? :question:
Did you click the link or go to the reason studios shop????

selig
RE Developer

16 Jul 2022

moneykube wrote:
16 Jul 2022
challism wrote:
16 Jul 2022
first impressions were of the VST that was coming as a rack... 4 days latter the rack is in the shop ...
Alrighty then, back to the RE forum we go!
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

16 Jul 2022

selig wrote:
16 Jul 2022
moneykube wrote:
16 Jul 2022

ha ha ha ha
Hopefully you can all understand my confusion by the way this thread started out... I thought it was more speculative.
"Although it's not in the RS Shop yet, here are a few first impressions of this amp sim"

Glad to hear it has been released as an RE. I didn't read through the entire thread before moving it. My bad.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

motuscott

16 Jul 2022

I'll trial it for sure. Wondering what sort of warm/cleanish sounds I can get from this.
What happened to guitar sounds with these sort of amps was the step that left me behind.
That's prolly Mesa Boogie racist.
I've done many gigs w/ Mesa Boogyist Guitarbros. Ask them, they'll tell you I'm cool

motuscott

16 Jul 2022

Demoing...
Some really nice clean presets

moneykube

16 Jul 2022

challism wrote:
16 Jul 2022
selig wrote:
16 Jul 2022

ha ha ha ha
Hopefully you can all understand my confusion by the way this thread started out... I thought it was more speculative.
"Although it's not in the RS Shop yet, here are a few first impressions of this amp sim"

Glad to hear it has been released as an RE. I didn't read through the entire thread before moving it. My bad.
understandable :puf_smile:

motuscott

19 Jul 2022

I'm trialing this and going through my other 7 Kuassa amps to see what this amp uniquely brings to the table. And it brings something new (I'm a clean to just breaking up kinda notreallyaguitarist), but fanboi that I am, 8 amps seems like some kind of Keef Richthofen overkill. I'll prolly buy it anyway

rickrubin

29 Aug 2022

motuscott wrote:
19 Jul 2022
I'm trialing this and going through my other 7 Kuassa amps to see what this amp uniquely brings to the table. And it brings something new (I'm a clean to just breaking up kinda notreallyaguitarist), but fanboi that I am, 8 amps seems like some kind of Keef Richthofen overkill. I'll prolly buy it anyway

so you have all of them ? do you mind let us know which one you personally recommend out of this lot ?. yes yes Im aware I could trial every amp myself, but no I dont have enough time to listen carefully to them all (...at least before the sale ends)

I was actually after their overdrive/fuzz/distortion bundle but think Im going for one of their amps instead. heavier sound I think, at least for me who use it together with synths. would be interesting to get an opinion from someone who has spend alot of time and really listen carefully to them all.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2022

rickrubin wrote:
29 Aug 2022
motuscott wrote:
19 Jul 2022

so you have all of them ? do you mind let us know which one you personally recommend out of this lot ?. yes yes Im aware I could trial every amp myself, but no I dont have enough time to listen carefully to them all (...at least before the sale ends)

I was actually after their overdrive/fuzz/distortion bundle but think Im going for one of their amps instead. heavier sound I think, at least for me who use it together with synths. would be interesting to get an opinion from someone who has spend alot of time and really listen carefully to them all.
I’ve got them all too. The Fender one is the one I use most. The Orange one is great. And the Mesa one,as Motuscott says, is magic.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

29 Aug 2022

My faves are Cali and Verm, Marshall and Fender respectively.
Passed on the Rectifor. Forgive me Kuassa bruvs, but 8 amps is one toke over the line...
If I want to get heavy I've got the Orange, the Vox and whatever the hell Creme is

rickrubin

30 Aug 2022

thanks alot motuscott & MrFigg!!

I think Im going for the Orange one then as you both do mention that one + maybe the bass amp.

• Information