[SOLVED] Reason Cant Create An AUDIO Track For Me Now?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
KevTav3000

10 Jul 2022

Hello All,

So I've never seen this before. I can play MIDI in Reason fine. Everything comes through my Interface great. Videos sound great through it. Everything works.

But I go to create an Audio track, and I got THIS error (attached). Never had this happen before. Is this a known bug? I searched 2 hours and couldn't find a fix. My screenshot shows the "Keys" player just to show I tested MIDI and it came through.

Downloaded the latest driver for my Interface, to make sure.
Using Windows 10.
Komplete Audio Interface

It hears all audio BUT can't make an audio track or SEE my Interface through the audio track??
REASONAUDIO - Copy.PNG
REASONAUDIO - Copy.PNG (305.38 KiB) Viewed 919 times

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2022

KevTav3000 wrote: ↑
10 Jul 2022
Hello All,

So I've never seen this before. I can play MIDI in Reason fine. Everything comes through my Interface great. Videos sound great through it. Everything works.

But I go to create an Audio track, and I got THIS error (attached). Never had this happen before. Is this a known bug? I searched 2 hours and couldn't find a fix. My screenshot shows the "Keys" player just to show I tested MIDI and it came through.

Downloaded the latest driver for my Interface, to make sure.
Using Windows 10.
Komplete Audio Interface

It hears all audio BUT can't make an audio track or SEE my Interface through the audio track??
REASONAUDIO - Copy.PNG
Take a look at what the audio track settings look like in the rack. Open preferences and check there too.
Also take a look in audio settings on you PC and make sure your interface is selected as input and output device.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

KevTav3000

10 Jul 2022

MrFigg wrote: ↑
10 Jul 2022

Take a look at what the audio track settings look like in the rack. Open preferences and check there too.
Also take a look in audio settings on you PC and make sure your interface is selected as input and output device.
Input and Output device = Yes
Track settings look no different
Preferences look fine.

But this all seemed to start when I REinstalled "Sonarworks" reference software just this morning :?: :?: :?:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2022

10 Jul 2022
10 Jul 2022

Input and Output device = Yes
Track settings look no different
Preferences look fine.

But this all seemed to start when I REinstalled "Sonarworks" reference software just this morning :?: :?: :?:
Have you checked the settings in Sonarworks? Do you have Sonarworks open at the same time as Reason. I've noticed that sometimes programs compete for an Audio Driver...I can't have ReCycle and Reason working at the same time for example.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

KevTav3000

10 Jul 2022

10 Jul 2022
Have you checked the settings in Sonarworks? Do you have Sonarworks open at the same time as Reason. I've noticed that sometimes programs compete for an Audio Driver...I can't have ReCycle and Reason working at the same time for example.
Yeah I have Sonarworks literally disabled on the Desktop and taken OUT of my audio devices so it DOESN'T compete. Thought of that too.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2022

10 Jul 2022
10 Jul 2022
Yeah I have Sonarworks literally disabled on the Desktop and taken OUT of my audio devices so it DOESN'T compete. Thought of that too.
You checked in preferences you're using the correct audio driver?
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2022

You on Mac?
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... son-on-Mac

Edit: Sorry, just saw Windows 10
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

KevTav3000

10 Jul 2022

10 Jul 2022

So I went through the standalone of Sonarworks. Checked the preferences again and reset the Outputs.
Went into Reason again...checked the Preferences in Audio.

Clicked "ASIO KOMPLETE AUDIO DRIVER" and now Reason sees it.

I was clicking the "DX" and "MME" versions before.

I think this might be it but I gotta check my guitar.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2022

If you go the audio track in the Rack and click on the drop down menu for audio input what does it say?
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2022

10 Jul 2022
10 Jul 2022

So I went through the standalone of Sonarworks. Checked the preferences again and reset the Outputs.
Went into Reason again...checked the Preferences in Audio.

Clicked "ASIO KOMPLETE AUDIO DRIVER" and now Reason sees it.

I was clicking the "DX" and "MME" versions before.

I think this might be it but I gotta check my guitar.
Good luck. Also check what I said above about the audio input track in the rack and make sure you have the same driver selected in Reason preferences.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

KevTav3000

10 Jul 2022

10 Jul 2022

Good luck. Also check what I said above about the audio input track in the rack and make sure you have the same driver selected in Reason preferences.
Everything's banging on all cylinders now. I think the reinstall of Sonarworks screwed me up.
ASIO preferences sometimes confuse me. After taking a 2 month break off recording, kinda rusty, lol.

I think I'm good. Thanks for your help Man.

KevTav3000

10 Jul 2022

10 Jul 2022
If you go the audio track in the Rack and click on the drop down menu for audio input what does it say?
Yes, they're matching. Thanks.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2022

10 Jul 2022
10 Jul 2022

Everything's banging on all cylinders now. I think the reinstall of Sonarworks screwed me up.
ASIO preferences sometimes confuse me. After taking a 2 month break off recording, kinda rusty, lol.

I think I'm good. Thanks for your help Man.
No problem. I know the frustration.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

• Information