MAJIK // Multi-Band Compressors

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
MAJIKstudios
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Jul 2022
Location: Nashville, TN

Post 10 Jul 2022

Since Reason doesn’t come with a multi-band compressor, I made my own using Combinators, the Stereo Imager crossovers, and the stock compressors. I even made fancy faceplates!

🟦 MBC-MC4 uses M-Class Compressors
🟪 MBC-SM4 uses SSL Master Bus Compressors
🟩 MBC-SC4 uses SSL Mix Channel Compressors

Is this the kind of thing people would be interested in having? Looking forward to feedback.

WHERE TO DOWNLOAD: I have uploaded the patches here in this thread on another post. Just scroll down a little.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MAJIKstudios on 11 Jul 2022, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4049
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 10 Jul 2022

These look really cool, but to answer your question, most people probably wouldn't buy them. Why not just spend a few dollars more and buy an RE that does the same thing (and does it better and more efficiently). I don't think you are going to find many (any) buyers, no. The patch/refill market is pretty dead these days (has been for a long time). Combi2 may have breathed a little bit of life into the market, but probably not enough to make a burp.

And just a heads up: The point of the Combi2 subforum is to share backdrops and patches, not really to get opinions on whether or not people would buy your patches. Maybe next time you could post a sample patch or downloadable backdrop. That's really the point of this subforum.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
crimsonwarlock
Posts: 972
Joined: 06 Nov 2021
Location: Close to the Edge

Post 10 Jul 2022

I would say these are nice to release for free. If I would build a combinator-2 multi-band compressor, I would just throw Reaper's free multiband comp VST inside and be done with it. But because you miss compressor visuals in a combinator, I stay away from compressor combinators. I just bought this one (years ago):

q85.jpg
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ompressor/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
----
Most users think the reason their requests aren't being met, is because some developer somewhere in a cubical refuses to waive its magic wand.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 10208
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 10 Jul 2022

There are Multiband compressor patches in the FSB.
Reason12, Win10

MAJIKstudios
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Jul 2022
Location: Nashville, TN

Post 10 Jul 2022

Thanks for the comments. I kinda figured it would be a hard sell. And yeah, Combi doesn’t allow for visuals, but I rely more on audio queues. And if I do want the visual, I can just open up the Devices and look.

Anywho, I guess I’ll share these patches when I get back to a computer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MAJIKstudios on 11 Jul 2022, edited 1 time in total.

MAJIKstudios
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Jul 2022
Location: Nashville, TN

Post 10 Jul 2022

As promised, here are the patches for the MAJIK Multi-Band Compressor combinators. Feel free to share and distribute. Enjoy!

I’d love to see what you do with these. Stay in touch!
YouTube: @damajikninja
Twitter: @MAJIK_LoEP

Edit: Just noticed a few things that need fixing and I have some other features I intend to add. So if you enjoy these, make sure you check back for updated releases! Hope to have the first round uploaded in a day or two.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MAJIKstudios on 11 Jul 2022, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3134
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 10 Jul 2022

thanks bro :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

MAJIKstudios
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Jul 2022
Location: Nashville, TN

Post 10 Jul 2022

moneykube wrote:
10 Jul 2022
thanks bro :thumbs_up:
No prob, hope they are useful for you. Let me know what you think!

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4049
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 11 Jul 2022

Thank you for sharing.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Fusion
Posts: 112
Joined: 24 Mar 2017
Location: UK

Post 11 Jul 2022

Was looking for a multi-band RE the other day and nothing seemed worth spending money on. Will give this a go. Thanks for your hard work, looks great.

MAJIKstudios
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Jul 2022
Location: Nashville, TN

Post 11 Jul 2022

Fusion wrote:
11 Jul 2022
Was looking for a multi-band RE the other day and nothing seemed worth spending money on. Will give this a go. Thanks for your hard work, looks great.
i did the same recently and couldn’t find anything worth buying. That’s why I went the Combi route. Hope it works out for you! Let me know how it goes! I can quickly and easily update/adjust these if needed. One thing I plan to do is update the faceplate to show the “notch” value ranges for some of the knobs that are more like selector knobs (like the MBC-SM4 Attack knob for the SSL Master Bus compressor). I want to do the same thing for the Release knob on the MBC-SM4. Currently it does not allow you to turn to the Auto setting. I want to make it apparent on the faceplate that turning the knob all the way to the right will enable Auto.

Stay in touch!

Fusion
Posts: 112
Joined: 24 Mar 2017
Location: UK

Post 11 Jul 2022

MAJIKstudios wrote:
11 Jul 2022
Fusion wrote:
11 Jul 2022
Was looking for a multi-band RE the other day and nothing seemed worth spending money on. Will give this a go. Thanks for your hard work, looks great.
i did the same recently and couldn’t find anything worth buying. That’s why I went the Combi route. Hope it works out for you! Let me know how it goes! I can quickly and easily update/adjust these if needed. One thing I plan to do is update the faceplate to show the “notch” value ranges for some of the knobs that are more like selector knobs (like the MBC-SM4 Attack knob for the SSL Master Bus compressor). I want to do the same thing for the Release knob on the MBC-SM4. Currently it does not allow you to turn to the Auto setting. I want to make it apparent on the faceplate that turning the knob all the way to the right will enable Auto.

Stay in touch!
Those features , sound great.

Not sure if I missed it , but I had to go and read the description of your youtube video to find out the difference between each combinator. Maybe you could edit the first post to make that clear and maybe link to your youtube video.

MAJIKstudios
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Jul 2022
Location: Nashville, TN

Post 11 Jul 2022

Fusion wrote:
11 Jul 2022
Not sure if I missed it , but I had to go and read the description of your youtube video to find out the difference between each combinator. Maybe you could edit the first post to make that clear and maybe link to your youtube video.
Good notes, I’ll update the top post here with the descriptions. And I plan to shoot another more concise video about these completed MBC Combis and throw that on YT. When I do, I’ll link it up. Thanks!

Edit to add: Also just noticed the Dry/Wet knob on the HI Comp in the SM4 is defaulted to full wet. Whoops. Should have been set to 50%. Gonna have to fix that, too.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests