Which Rack Extensions have you recently bought and why?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
motuscott

09 Jul 2022

Yeah that Dub Preamp is tempting...
A great man once said, Fuck shit up
Be still, my endless GAS
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

motuscott

09 Jul 2022

Shit, I just got Chord Sequencer.
It never ends...
Mamas, don't let your chillen grow up to be fanbois
I think Woolie Neilson said it best

dakta

09 Jul 2022

Skrock morningstar this week for me - a quick flick through the presets and its already made the cool wall

I've bought synths recently that have left me a bit 'it doesnt sound bad but i cant see how i'll find use for it' - not this one :D

MAJIKstudios

10 Jul 2022

KUASSA amp sims: Vermillion, Crème, and Cerberus. Those are my exclusive sims for everything I do with a guitar.

I also bought a 32-band EQ and a Hydronexius (awesome brass patches!).

arnigretar

10 Jul 2022

This time around

Jackbox 7R-808 Analog Drum Module
The Animus Shimmerverb Ensemble
FlangerDbl BlueFace Vari-Delay
Aura-7 Cinematic Atmosphere
DRUMSYN Drum Synthesizer
JPS Harmonic Synthesizer
DigiDelay BlueFace Delay
Q-FX Quad Multi Effector
Delta MIDI Computer
Maia Matrix Edition
MIDI-CV Converter
S73 Electric Piano
Blue Meanie
SineSynth
Infuser
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

challism

10 Jul 2022

MAJIKstudios wrote:
10 Jul 2022
KUASSA amp sims: Vermillion, Crème, and Cerberus. Those are my exclusive sims for everything I do with a guitar.

I've got those same Kuassa amps. They sound great, I particularly like running bass through Cerberus. I want to buy a few more of their amps, too - I don't think I need them all, but will most likely end up buying them all at some point. I'm still waiting for them to release the Vox one. Kuassa puts out some really nice sounding REs.

Which 32 band EQ did you buy?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2022

challism wrote:
10 Jul 2022
MAJIKstudios wrote:
10 Jul 2022

I've got those same Kuassa amps. They sound great, I particularly like running bass through Cerberus. I want to buy a few more of their amps, too - I don't think I need them all, but will most likely end up buying them all at some point. I'm still waiting for them to release the Vox one. Kuassa puts out some really nice sounding REs.

The Vox one has been out a while. It's called Lancaster.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... uitar-amp/
The new Mesa Boogie one was released as VST a few days ago so I'm guessing the RE won't be too far behind.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

10 Jul 2022

MrFigg wrote:
10 Jul 2022
challism wrote:
10 Jul 2022

The new Mesa Boogie one was released as VST a few days ago so I'm guessing the RE won't be too far behind.
Oh, is that what Lancaster is? Cool. How is it? I sure would like a complete my bundle option for the Kuassa amps. :(
Or even better... build your own bundle because I don't really want them ALL... or do it? I think I really just want the Vox, Marshal and Fender and I'll be happy.
arnigretar wrote:
10 Jul 2022
This time around

Jackbox 7R-808 Analog Drum Module
The Animus Shimmerverb Ensemble
FlangerDbl BlueFace Vari-Delay
Aura-7 Cinematic Atmosphere
DRUMSYN Drum Synthesizer
JPS Harmonic Synthesizer
DigiDelay BlueFace Delay
Q-FX Quad Multi Effector
Delta MIDI Computer
Maia Matrix Edition
MIDI-CV Converter
S73 Electric Piano
Blue Meanie
SineSynth
Infuser
You forgot to tell us why? Why did you buy these?
I haven't tried all of the ones on your list, but the own a few of them and they are great.
MIDI-CV Converter
Delta
JPS
FlangerDbl

And on my want to buy list:
S73 Electric Piano
DRUMSYN Drum Synthesizer

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2022

challism wrote:
10 Jul 2022
MrFigg wrote:
10 Jul 2022

Oh, is that what Lancaster is? Cool. How is it? I sure would like a complete my bundle option for the Kuassa amps. :(
Or even better... build your own bundle because I don't really want them ALL... or do it? I think I really just want the Vox, Marshal and Fender and I'll be happy.
Well, to be honest I haven't had much use out of the Marshall. Doesn't mean it's bad, just means it's not the sound I'm looking for. When I was younger (ahem) I'd have been all over it. Humbuckers and Gibsons all the way. As much distortion as possible. These days I'm happier with that fender single coil sound (JM) and my HotRod Deluxe. That is probably why the Kuassa Fender is my favourite. The VOX wasn't really what I was anticipating. Have to say though that if you use it together with your own VOX cabinet IRs it's a lot better. I actually still use Vermillion as an all rounder. Both Clarent (Orange) and the Mesa Boogie one are really nice to play. Cerberus is my go to bass amp. To answer your question yeah you really do need all the Kuassa amps and effects. Yeah...wait for a sale and buy the bundles.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

arnigretar

10 Jul 2022

:lol: Wow, my ADHD is always reading stuff over and then forgetting to answer properly! Sorry challism :)

Jackbox 7R-808 Analog Drum Module - bought this one because I had TR727, TR707 and the Casio one from Jackbox and they were great. I have mentioned on this forum before I have plenty of 808 gear and also samples. But this one looks beautiful in the rack and sounds good as well. So I wanted to support the devoloper.

The Animus Shimmerverb Ensemble - I write and release a lot of ambient music and I didn't own a good shimmer in my rack, so I tested this1 and it's great.

FlangerDbl BlueFace Vari-Delay - Flanger is a great efx and Turn2on is a great devoloper. Bought this without testing, but it's great. So good!

Aura-7 Cinematic Atmosphere - SKP Sound Design make great packs for Reason+ so I saw this and had to try. Loved it and bought it. Great for ambient.

DRUMSYN Drum Synthesizer - wonderful techno machine. Recommended for everyone doing techno in the rack.

JPS Harmonic Synthesizer - this synth was mentioned here in the forum... never tried it before and I tested it and loved it. Great arp machine.

DigiDelay BlueFace Delay - great delay from Turn2on and looks also great in the rack

Q-FX Quad Multi Effector - bought this with the Aura-7 from SKP. Nice effects in the rack.

Delta MIDI Computer - tested this before and I bought this yesterday. I haven't done real work with it. But I am happy to learn and explore more with this device in the coming months.

Maia Matrix Edition - tested this and the other two synths from Pink Noise Studio and I liked this one the best.

MIDI-CV Converter - useful device for my workflow.

S73 Electric Piano - saw selig praise this and I love good rhodes. And this one is a lovely rhodes device.

Blue Meanie - bought this when I purchased the JPS H.Synth. I haven't really done any work with it. But this is a good reminder.

SineSynth - bought this with the DRUMSYN. Great attition to my subractor addictive workflow :D

Infuser - selig is the man. Spice which was needed.

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

MAJIKstudios

10 Jul 2022

KUASSA has a new one out called RECTIFOR. It’s a Mesa-Boogie sim. The RE version should be available soon.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2022

MAJIKstudios wrote:
10 Jul 2022
KUASSA has a new one out called RECTIFOR. It’s a Mesa-Boogie sim. The RE version should be available soon.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7528590&hilit=kuassa

:)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

10 Jul 2022

Lancaster, like it's Vox original is a finicky son of a gun, but there are some sounds there you'll not find anywhere else.
I'm wondering how much the local tattoo parlor will charge to remove this full chest Kuassa fanboi spread.
I got a little excited when they released the RE...

ekss
RE Developer

14 Jul 2022

arnigretar wrote:
10 Jul 2022
:lol: Wow, my ADHD is always reading stuff over and then forgetting to answer properly! Sorry challism :)

Jackbox 7R-808 Analog Drum Module - bought this one because I had TR727, TR707 and the Casio one from Jackbox and they were great. I have mentioned on this forum before I have plenty of 808 gear and also samples. But this one looks beautiful in the rack and sounds good as well. So I wanted to support the devoloper.

The Animus Shimmerverb Ensemble - I write and release a lot of ambient music and I didn't own a good shimmer in my rack, so I tested this1 and it's great.

FlangerDbl BlueFace Vari-Delay - Flanger is a great efx and Turn2on is a great devoloper. Bought this without testing, but it's great. So good!

Aura-7 Cinematic Atmosphere - SKP Sound Design make great packs for Reason+ so I saw this and had to try. Loved it and bought it. Great for ambient.

DRUMSYN Drum Synthesizer - wonderful techno machine. Recommended for everyone doing techno in the rack.

JPS Harmonic Synthesizer - this synth was mentioned here in the forum... never tried it before and I tested it and loved it. Great arp machine.

DigiDelay BlueFace Delay - great delay from Turn2on and looks also great in the rack

Q-FX Quad Multi Effector - bought this with the Aura-7 from SKP. Nice effects in the rack.

Delta MIDI Computer - tested this before and I bought this yesterday. I haven't done real work with it. But I am happy to learn and explore more with this device in the coming months.

Maia Matrix Edition - tested this and the other two synths from Pink Noise Studio and I liked this one the best.

MIDI-CV Converter - useful device for my workflow.

S73 Electric Piano - saw selig praise this and I love good rhodes. And this one is a lovely rhodes device.

Blue Meanie - bought this when I purchased the JPS H.Synth. I haven't really done any work with it. But this is a good reminder.

SineSynth - bought this with the DRUMSYN. Great attition to my subractor addictive workflow :D

Infuser - selig is the man. Spice which was needed.
Congrats on DRUMSYN and SineSynth, two of my personal favorites!

arnigretar

15 Jul 2022

I agree mate! GREAT work on those. Brilliant devices and not only go well in my workflow--they look great in the rack.

challism

15 Jul 2022

I came in here really expecting to see some posts saying DELTA because it's on sale for $35 and that is one hell of a deal for one hell of a player. Get it before the sale is over!

Reminiscence

23 Jul 2022

Tonicmint stuff - I like modulation and CV madness

arnigretar

23 Jul 2022

Just wanted to add to my long list that I purchased the new Reverb AK11from Ekssperimental Sounds. I have been here a long time and using the software from the beginning. And to me...this is the best reverb made for the rack we all love. Easy, great GUI and sounds wonderful. The presets are really well done and just doing your own thing out from them...lush. 10/10

• Information