Delta 1.4 Update Out Now! (50% Off Sale)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Socram
RE Developer

07 Jul 2022

Howdy guys, its been too long!

Delta’s biggest and most overdue update is finally here, V1.4: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -computer/

This free update adds another dimension of control to the device with newly added CV Inputs on the back of the device, and a new Node called the CV Switch.
The update also brings requested features and new capabilities to a few of the existing Nodes.

There are 5 new CV Inputs, the first is used to trigger a Stop All, and the remaining 4 inputs are used by new and existing nodes:

The new CV Switch Node routes MIDI Events through up to 8 outputs in two ways:
  • Pattern: Outputs are selected from the usual set of predefined patterns and can be stepped through using CV triggers
  • CV Select: Chooses the output in realtime by mapping a Unipolar or Bipolar CV Signal to the selected number of outputs
The powerful If Node is also now able to use CV values from the 4 inputs in its comparisons.

The Delay Node is now able to do custom tempo synced timings. By providing a rhythmic numerator and denominator you can achieve a wide and flexible range of delay timings.

Finally, the Chord Generator Node now has a toggle called Separate Outs which gives each note in the chord its own separate output.
Last edited by Socram on 07 Jul 2022, edited 1 time in total.
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

Bes
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2022

:o
- Certified Reason expert

rorystorm

07 Jul 2022

Fantastic!

Faastwalker

07 Jul 2022

Awesome update! Unreal Player, although I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what's possible. Really interested in the possibilities of what it can send to my modular. Already having fun with regular RS devices and Players to this end. But Delta is a real swiss army knife of possibilities. Not enough hours in the day to play :?

Loque

07 Jul 2022

Excellent! Thanks!
Reason12, Win10

cymek74

07 Jul 2022

This is a fantastic update to what was an already excellent, inspiring player. Thank you, great job.
Reason 12, Bitwig 4, Win 10 :recycle: :reason: :re:

challism

08 Jul 2022

Thanks for the update and continued attention to your products, Marcos!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

moneykube

08 Jul 2022

weird sync all missed it... but thanks :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

challism

08 Jul 2022

Forgot to mention that 50% off is a great value. This is the most versatile player in the shop. Anyone who likes players and likes the nerd factor of Reason really needs to get Delta.
moneykube wrote:
08 Jul 2022
weird sync all missed it... but thanks :thumbs_up:
Companion caught it.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (27.14 KiB) Viewed 3665 times

Bes
Competition Winner

08 Jul 2022

really fantastic update thanks M

i'd love to see CV in combined with the 'set velocity' node but with this update already i can make a stepped velocity patch with the cv select switch which is going to be great
- Certified Reason expert

PhillipOrdonez

08 Jul 2022

This is the kind of news I love seeing. A great device gets even better! Kudos to the developer.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Jul 2022

Wish my brain was young and fresh so I could get my head round this one.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

08 Jul 2022

Amazing tool! At this price I may gamble that my brain will grow smart enough to be able to use it.

Though the chances of that actually happening are small…
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Jul 2022

motuscott wrote:
08 Jul 2022
Amazing tool! At this price I may gamble that my brain will grow smart enough to be able to use it.

Though the chances of that actually happening are small…
Offset guitar=Offset mind
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

huggermugger

08 Jul 2022

Excellent, thanks Marcos!

Skullture

08 Jul 2022

Looks great :thumbs_up:

joeyluck

08 Jul 2022

Awesome! Thanks for the free update and new features! This is very cool. Definitely still one of the best REs out there.

crimsonwarlock

08 Jul 2022

Don't have the money for it, have no idea what to use it for, but I have a nagging feeling I'm getting it before this sale ends :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

joeyluck

08 Jul 2022

I'd still really like to see it made larger :)

I think if any RE can justify using more screen real estate, it is Delta.

Here it is compared to Chord Sequencer which is 2U taller and AMS which is 3U taller:

Delta-height-comparison.png
Delta-height-comparison.png (382.84 KiB) Viewed 3394 times

I think 2U taller would be great, but even 1U taller would help by giving just a bit more breathing room:

Delta-1U-taller.png
Delta-1U-taller.png (157.33 KiB) Viewed 3394 times

Marcos, if it's something you'd consider, maybe we can make a poll? :-)

DaveyG

08 Jul 2022

Imagine if you could, say, double click on the title bar of any RE and it would expand to full screen. Make a few edits, shrink it back down again. Job's a good 'un. Of course, that can't be done unless every individual RE is tweaked to support it but we can dream. Or I suppose a future SDK release could support it if individual devs wanted to implement it.

spencer335

08 Jul 2022

Thank you!

Well worth it even if this was a 50% increase sale ...

BananaSkins

08 Jul 2022

Great work :clap: - thanks :thumbs_up: - downloading now... :thumbup:

Socram
RE Developer

08 Jul 2022

Appreciate all the kind words everyone, so glad to see longtime and new users excited about the update and sale!
joeyluck wrote:
08 Jul 2022
Marcos, if [making Delta bigger] is something you'd consider, maybe we can make a poll? :-)
This is definitely something I've already considered at a few points. I had a hard time finding the sweet spot on how tall to make the device, on smaller screens it already starts to take up quite a bit of real estate and when it came out most devices were relatively small, so I tried to strike a balance. If memory serves correctly its currently 5U and the maximum size (very few devices I can think of are) is 9U :o.

I like the current size as the default and in a perfect world it would just be adjustable/expandable as another poster suggested, but alas this is not a feature of the RE SDK.

If I could wave a magic wand and grant a larger version to everyone who has already purchased it I would, but I don't know if that's something RS would really entertain.

I'll ponder on this a bit, but I find myself with less time and motivation for RE development these days.
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

manisnotabird

08 Jul 2022

Only played with it a little bit, but the cv inputs really expand the range of possibilities of delta!

challism

08 Jul 2022

Socram wrote:
08 Jul 2022
I find myself with less time and motivation for RE development these days.
I just finished reading Old Yeller, but this comment from Marcos is by far the saddest thing I've read today.

• Information