weird complex-1 lfo behavior

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
manisnotabird

04 Jul 2022

The speed of the LFO seems to change based on whether or not sound is coming out of complex-1 or not. Monitoring this on both the built-in oscilloscope and by plugging the LFO output to "EXT CV out" and looking at it on Compare CV scope. No note pressed: LFO is slower. Press a note: LFO is faster, and then a second or so after you release the note the LFO slows back down. Nothing plugged into the LFO rate CV input.

SebAudio

04 Jul 2022

I think they save cpu ressources when no note is playing

manisnotabird

05 Jul 2022

Now I'm getting the LFO to change speed depending on whether or not I've selected "LFO" in the oscilloscope input menu. If I've got "LFO" (or "Inverted LFO") selected in the oscilloscope input menu, the LFO speeds up when it receives a note, and slows down a little bit after the note. Other selections in the oscilloscope input menu result in no change in the LFO speed when notes are received. This is true whether the note is received via MIDI or CV.

manisnotabird

05 Jul 2022

Chizmata

05 Jul 2022

i have no idea whats happening there but it seems wrong. maybe you should report this as a bug tag.

selig
RE Developer

05 Jul 2022

I'm unable to reproduce this - is the external routing causing it or does it happen for you on a simple internal patch?
Does it happen when you use a MIDI controller, or only when using a Player?
Noting I try makes any difference in LFO rate…
Selig Audio, LLC

manisnotabird

05 Jul 2022

selig wrote:
05 Jul 2022
I'm unable to reproduce this - is the external routing causing it or does it happen for you on a simple internal patch?

I am triggering the note from my midi keyboard in this video.

Mattvank

02 Sep 2022

Hello,

I can´t automate the master volume of complex-1 in R11? Anyone too?

rorystorm

02 Sep 2022

Mattvank wrote:
02 Sep 2022
Hello,

I can´t automate the master volume of complex-1 in R11? Anyone too?
yup, I just checked (in R12) and Master Volume's not in the automation list in the sequencer, that I can see - although you can assign a remote control to it. Weird. Maybe put a Selig Gain or something similar as an effect (at the top of the chain if you have any further), and automate the gain control on that? or just automate the knobs of whatever Amp inputs you're using. EDIT - oh and in case you hadn't picked it up (which I didn't for at least a year), when 'Show Cables' mode is enabled, you can't right click to automate a parameter/assign a remote control, or use Remote Override Edit mode.

selig
RE Developer

02 Sep 2022

manisnotabird wrote:
05 Jul 2022
selig wrote:
05 Jul 2022

I am triggering the note from my midi keyboard in this video.
OK, I AM seeing this now, only when switching the scope as you previously mention (and I totally missed!). Strange bug indeed…
Selig Audio, LLC

ab459

02 Sep 2022

There is another bug with nonworking selfoscillation of LP filter, that no fixed by years, unfortunately. Although been already couple reports for this long ago, but nope.

viewtopic.php?p=500048#p500048
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7518135&p=506174#p506174

• Information