Output Arcade & Reason+ Bundle

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

adfielding

30 Jun 2022

Wow, for those who are subscription-inclined that's a damn good deal! Despite not being a massive fan of subscriptions I've dipped into Arcade for a couple of gigs and it's been SUPER useful. Combined with R+, damn - that's a great deal. What a great combo.

Inspella

01 Jul 2022

On their website, it says: IMPORTANT: The Arcade & Reason+ Bundle plan only applies to new Reason+ subscribers and to Reason+ Monthly subscribers.

I renewed my subscription just over a month ago - so can I switch to this plan - or is it really ONLY for new subscribers, as it looks as though you can switch from what I can see in my account?
My Account Options.jpeg
My Account Options.jpeg (186 KiB) Viewed 2294 times
Confused! :?

joeyluck

01 Jul 2022

Inspella wrote:
01 Jul 2022
On their website, it says: IMPORTANT: The Arcade & Reason+ Bundle plan only applies to new Reason+ subscribers and to Reason+ Monthly subscribers.

I renewed my subscription just over a month ago - so can I switch to this plan - or is it really ONLY for new subscribers, as it looks as though you can switch from what I can see in my account?

Confused! :?
Definitely get in touch with support. Seems like it could be worded better, but it sounds like they are just saying that it is for those not already on annual subscriptions. But yeah the ability to switch is also confusing.

I'm guessing that the switching of an annual plan is just the scheduling it. But even in that case, it would seem the deal is still available to you, but just won't kick in until your current annual plan ends? If you were to switch today, I think the change would be automated and wouldn't take effect until the end date of your current subscription. And if you cancel your current annual plan, I think it just means it will end and not renew when the end date arrives.

But maybe support can actually just help make the switch for you today? If you get in touch with them, let us know what you find out!

ohmygoff

02 Jul 2022

"Whether you feel most at home in Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Logic Pro or FL Studio, Reason and Arcade don’t play favorites. We love them all! " - Do I hear someone diggin' a grave for Reason's sequencer functionality...

Inspella

02 Jul 2022

If you get in touch with them, let us know what you find out!
I've contacted support as you suggested, so once I get a reply, I'll post it here. The only other thing I can report is that when you click on "Change to Annual" (in the Arcade & Reason+ box), it comes up with a "Change Subscription" pop-up, which says "This will change your subscription to an annual subscription". That makes no sense, as I'm already on an annual plan! The mystery deepens! I'll keep you posted!

Switch Subscription.jpeg
Switch Subscription.jpeg (154.28 KiB) Viewed 2141 times

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2022

Is this just a short-term promo? Or will you be able to keep subscribing for that same amount even after the deal stops?

On the other hand, Arcade would be a brilliant partnership for RS.

I would have gone with NI, but this also makes sense and reminds me of Reason's FSB featuring lots of eLab content.

joeyluck

02 Jul 2022

avasopht wrote:
02 Jul 2022
Is this just a short-term promo? Or will you be able to keep subscribing for that same amount even after the deal stops?

On the other hand, Arcade would be a brilliant partnership for RS.

I would have gone with NI, but this also makes sense and reminds me of Reason's FSB featuring lots of eLab content.
I'm not sure how long the bundle is to last, but there is the current sale price and the regular price as mentioned. So it would seem it will be around some time after the sale too.

I'd love for them to get Kilohearts into the partnership bundle.

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2022

joeyluck wrote:
02 Jul 2022
I'm not sure how long the bundle is to last, but there is the current sale price and the regular price as mentioned. So it would seem it will be around some time after the sale too.

No, I'm asking about the regular price.

Basically what I'm asking is, if I were to get this bundle, will I still be able to continue subscribing at the same annual price if they stopped offering the bundle? Basically is this annual price a solid ongoing commitment?

joeyluck

02 Jul 2022

avasopht wrote:
02 Jul 2022
joeyluck wrote:
02 Jul 2022

No, I'm asking about the regular price.

Basically what I'm asking is, if I were to get this bundle, will I still be able to continue subscribing at the same annual price if they stopped offering the bundle? Basically is this annual price a solid ongoing commitment?
I think I get what you're saying, but I might still be confused?

If they stopped offering the bundle, you certainly wouldn't want to pay the bundle price, right?

As far as how long the bundle will be around, that might be a question for support. My guess is they have at the very least, agreed to a two year partnership for it to at least make some sense. And they say in regards to the sale offer, "...for the first year."

If you were to renew the bundle for a 2nd year, pending any other offers available then, you'd renew for $249.

My guess is that when the bundle is gone, your subscription would probably end, you'd maybe get an email telling you this and prompt you to select a Reason+ subscription option to keep subscribing.

But definitely worth asking support. Maybe they could update their FAQ with the questions that have been asked here.

Inspella

04 Jul 2022

I’ve had a reply regarding as if existing users can get in on the deal and switch to the new subscription. Here’s what they’ve told me:
Hi Richard,

Thanks for contacting Reason Studios.

I'm afraid the Reason+/Arcade bundle offer is for new subscribers only.

Your option in this case would be to contact Thomann regarding a refund of your initial purchase. If approved, you could then sign up for a new bundle subscription.

The other option would be to simply cancel your current subscription and sign up for a new one, but please note that if you do, you would not receive any credit for the remaining time on your current annual subscription.

Best regards,
To be honest, I’m a little disappointed, as I think something should’ve been offed to (loyal) existing customers, rather than creating an offer that only applies to new users in order to attract them to the software. I’ve been a Reason user for 20 years this coming August I’m surprised that they’re not offering people such as myself some kind of way in to this new subscription deal. :puf_unhappy:

joeyluck

04 Jul 2022

I didn't know you purchased the subscription through another store. I forgot people can do that. It might've been different if it was purchased direct from RS?

Inspella

04 Jul 2022

joeyluck wrote:
04 Jul 2022
I didn't know you purchased the subscription through another store. I forgot people can do that. It might've been different if it was purchased direct from RS?
It was substantially less at Thomann than it was to purchase it direct through the RS store. From the R/S store, it was £199.00 but it was just £111.00 at Thomann due to their May Madness offer.

jam-s

04 Jul 2022

Don't be too sad, new and possibly better offers will always come along.

joeyluck

04 Jul 2022

Inspella wrote:
04 Jul 2022
joeyluck wrote:
04 Jul 2022
It was substantially less at Thomann than it was to purchase it direct through the RS store. From the R/S store, it was £199.00 but it was just £111.00 at Thomann due to their May Madness offer.
Gotcha. Yeah I'm not sure the best way for them to handle that aside from what they suggested. And since the Arcade & Reason+ bundle involves someone else's product...

That said, Arcade is only $10/month and there is a free trial. Not sure about yearly subscription price. But if you're already subscribed to Reason+ and want Arcade, your best bet might be to watch out for sales on Arcade separate from Reason+

Jac459

04 Jul 2022

ohmygoff wrote:
02 Jul 2022
"Whether you feel most at home in Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Logic Pro or FL Studio, Reason and Arcade don’t play favorites. We love them all! " - Do I hear someone diggin' a grave for Reason's sequencer functionality...
I think they are since a couple of years. They can't keep up with the best in class so they concentrate on creative devices and they do it very well I must say. The sad part is for the rack extensions because they do work so much better than VST3s... I still can't have Rob papen's synths to work properly with bitwig. At the end I use them from their rack extension versions within the Reason Rack...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

• Information