Can any Neutron 3 owners help me troubleshoot an issue?

Discuss VST stuff here!
spencer335

12 Jun 2022

In addition to raising the issue here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7528243

I've engaged support, but no answers so far. There is no evidence that the Neutron 3 VST has been updated, renamed, or changed.

My issue is that on existing Reason projects (Studio One has no issue), all instances of Neutron 3 are replaced with a "Missing Plugin" window, but I am still able to insert new instances without an issue (verifying that the plugin is not missing!). Unfortunately, I've already made a number of mix decisions on these songs that would be tough to recreate and I can't get at the old settings.

I'm curious if someone would be able to open the Reason file for me and successfully open the patch (seeing something other than Neutron default settings). If so, I'd assume it would be possible to recover my song files (though we'll cross the bridge of figuring out how to do so when we get there).

Thanks in advance if anyone has time to test this for me!
Attachments
Neutron3Error.zip
(66.21 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

jam-s

13 Jun 2022

Have you asked Reason support on this issue? They might be able to figure this out when giving them one file with the missing plugin error and one file with a newly inserted neutron3.

huggermugger

13 Jun 2022

I opened your file, but sorry, same thing for me. "Missing Plugin". Although I've got Neutron 3 and I can add one to the project, I can't get at the setting of your instance of it.

spencer335

13 Jun 2022

jam-s wrote:
13 Jun 2022
Have you asked Reason support on this issue? They might be able to figure this out when giving them one file with the missing plugin error and one file with a newly inserted neutron3.
Yes, I've sent Reason support a ticket with a similar session (with two N3 instances, one working but not working) but hadn't heard back in a few days after an initial response. I figured I would try here in case they didn't have N3 in-house or something ...

spencer335

13 Jun 2022

huggermugger wrote:
13 Jun 2022
I opened your file, but sorry, same thing for me. "Missing Plugin". Although I've got Neutron 3 and I can add one to the project, I can't get at the setting of your instance of it.
Thanks for taking the time to test this for me.

I'll respond back if we ever get to the bottom of this.

vectro

04 Jul 2022

I tried your file and it did not work. I opened a two year old project using several instances of Neutron 3 and it worked. So it sounds unlikely that the plugin have changed lately. Have you changed platform (Win/Mac) since these projects?

• Information