Bitwig with reason rack

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
Robert

30 Jun 2022

xylyx wrote:
30 Jun 2022
Jac459 wrote:
30 Jun 2022

Actually even if bitwig convinces me, I still think using reason as a rack is meh... Loss in resolution (my laptop is 4k Oled so it is really obvious)
Not sure why you are getting a lower resolution with the plugin - when I checked the RRP in Bitwig, it looks as clear as it does with the standalone version.
Yeah, same for me, RRP looks just as good as in standalone. It does have slower load times than other VSTs or built-ins but that has to do with RRP licensing which RS has talked about improving. But once RRP is loaded it works fine.

Jac459

30 Jun 2022

xylyx wrote:
30 Jun 2022

Not sure why you are getting a lower resolution with the plugin - when I checked the RRP in Bitwig, it looks as clear as it does with the standalone version.
Thanks a lot!
I did investigate more and find the answer:
https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/1856-hidpi-display
You need "Plug-in interface scaling" checked and "Stretch plug-in window..." unchecked

Only issue is... When I do that, it breaks my Rob papen vst... Spire works well, Synapse obsession and legend work well, predator3 and go2 don't work at all. I need to set the global setting interface scaling back to unchecked.

So now I am in front of another issue is that bitwig settings for interface scaling is general. Funny enough thisis a feature reason 12 has...

Never the less I can say it is still much better as RRP is by far my priority.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Jac459

30 Jun 2022

Robert wrote:
30 Jun 2022
xylyx wrote:
30 Jun 2022

Yeah, same for me, RRP looks just as good as in standalone. It does have slower load times than other VSTs or built-ins but that has to do with RRP licensing which RS has talked about improving. But once RRP is loaded it works fine.
Sorry I missed your message Robert and yes you are right. I could fix it... With the limitations I mentionned in previous post.

Now that I use bitwig more I see also that the vision of reason studios with the RE is not so bad... It just works... But then 8t is not open...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Robert

01 Jul 2022

Jac459 wrote:
30 Jun 2022

Now that I use bitwig more I see also that the vision of reason studios with the RE is not so bad... It just works... But then 8t is not open...
Hey Jac459,
Another really cool feature of learning Bitwig is that if you select any native Bitwig device, instrument, effect, etc. and press the F1 key you get interactive help on that device. So you can adjust any of its parameters and it will be updated in real time, even as it is playing. Try it out, it's amazing.

Jac459

01 Jul 2022

Robert wrote:
01 Jul 2022

Hey Jac459,
Another really cool feature of learning Bitwig is that if you select any native Bitwig device, instrument, effect, etc. and press the F1 key you get interactive help on that device. So you can adjust any of its parameters and it will be updated in real time, even as it is playing. Try it out, it's amazing.
Whaou, no way ! Will test that today.

I could spend more time yesterday on bitwig and couldn't resist buying it 🙈🙈🙈. Everything makes sense, the interface is awesome. Everything is easy.
And thanks to the help of this forum I have the RRP working perfectly with it.

And DSP usage seems very well undercontrol.

It is really a love at first sight lol. It is funny because I tried many others daw and thought I was stupid and not able to appreciate because too used to reason.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Jac459

13 Jul 2022

Yes it works awesome now!
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

• Information