Duplicating an effect rack in Live with macros controlling RRP

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
chimp_spanner

24 Jun 2022

Hey everyone. Just encountered this while trying to set up my own custom tape saturation and channel strip chain for Live channels. Would like to see if anyone can replicate or advise.

- Create Audio Effect Rack and insert RRP into the chain, then an effect device
- Enter Configure mode and create some controls for the device
- Map controls to macro

Everything works fine. However, copy that effect rack and paste it onto a new channel, and the macros no longer work.

Same for anyone else?

Popey
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2022

I am on r11 and Windows 10 and I get the same behaviour having tried it after reading the above. I also tried it with arturia fx and get the same result so guessing it is an issue with live not rrp.

Had to unmap and remap the controls to work again.

Edit: tried saving the fx rack and that keeps the macros intact when dragging in from browser or hot swapping so obviously something about copy and paste breaks it. Looked online and seems to be an issue ableton have been aware of for a while but not fixed.

Popey
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2022

chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Jun 2022
Hey everyone. Just encountered this while trying to set up my own custom tape saturation and channel strip chain for Live channels. Would like to see if anyone can replicate or advise.

- Create Audio Effect Rack and insert RRP into the chain, then an effect device
- Enter Configure mode and create some controls for the device
- Map controls to macro

Everything works fine. However, copy that effect rack and paste it onto a new channel, and the macros no longer work.

Same for anyone else?
Hi chimp spanner I replied above but just quoting you as realised I had not before so you may not have seen this.

• Information