Announced Device: Chord player. What would you like to see?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Billy+

22 Jun 2022

Not sure how many more players can be created without a massive amount of overlap but this new progression player is possibly the most intriguing one so I'm still looking forward to seeing what it's capable of - I'm just hoping that it's not something included in R12 so I can try it out in R11.

crimsonwarlock

23 Jun 2022

Zerosity wrote:
22 Jun 2022
Maybe they accidentally left off a key phrase for that statement; "end of".
ReasonStudios wrote: We will release one more player before summer, which is a unique Reason Studios take on creating chord progressions.
Maybe (or actually NOT maybe) they said, "before summer" and not "before the official date of astronomical summer start". I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in Europe, when we say "before summer", we mean "before we stop working and go on summer holiday", which is somewhere around second half of July and first half of August.

Just chill and wait until it lands :puf_smile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

23 Jun 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Jun 2022
Zerosity wrote:
22 Jun 2022
Maybe they accidentally left off a key phrase for that statement; "end of".

Maybe (or actually NOT maybe) they said, "before summer" and not "before the official date of astronomical summer start". I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in Europe, when we say "before summer", we mean "before we stop working and go on summer holiday", which is somewhere around second half of July and first half of August.

Just chill and wait until it lands :puf_smile:
Summer solstice happened on the 21st of June. So it's technically the very beginning of the summer right now (in the northern hemisphere). So they have missed the mark by a few days (thus far); not too bad. I'd expect it to hit the shop any day now. That's the problem with transparency, you can't always hit the publicly stated dates.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

crimsonwarlock

23 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
23 Jun 2022
That's the problem with transparency, you can't always hit the publicly stated dates.
But they didn't state a date, they stated a concept "before summer" which is clearly open to interpretation (as I demonstrated).
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

23 Jun 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Jun 2022
challism wrote:
23 Jun 2022
That's the problem with transparency, you can't always hit the publicly stated dates.
But they didn't state a date, they stated a concept "before summer" which is clearly open to interpretation (as I demonstrated).
But summer starts at a specific date, it isn't really a concept. I guess it depends upon how literally one takes the words "before summer". I, for one, don't really care, though. :)

joeyluck

23 Jun 2022

Yeah could just mean "before summer vacation". Like school being out for the summer, which is not usually defined by the exact date that summer begins.

crimsonwarlock

23 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
23 Jun 2022
But summer starts at a specific date
There's actually the astronomical start of summer, which is June 21st, and there is the meteorologic start of summer which is on or around June 1st, so even that is up to interpretation :puf_bigsmile:
joeyluck wrote:
23 Jun 2022
Yeah could just mean "before summer vacation". Like school being out for the summer, which is not usually defined by the exact date that summer begins.
That was the point I made earlier :thumbup:
-------

Exowildebeest

23 Jun 2022

Maybe it's a hemisphere issue...

challism

23 Jun 2022

It could also refer to one of their employees named Summer who works as a developer. They just didn't finish the sentence... before Summer starts working on our next RE. I'm curious what the next RE is going to be.
challism wrote:
23 Jun 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Jun 2022

There's actually the astronomical start of summer, which is June 21st, and there is the meteorologic start of summer which is on or around June 1st, so even that is up to interpretation :puf_bigsmile:
One could also make the argument that summer in the Southern hemisphere begins in late December. Perhaps we will see this new player released in December.
Exowildebeest wrote:
23 Jun 2022
Maybe it's a hemisphere issue...
Just saw this. ha ha, yeah

crimsonwarlock

23 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
23 Jun 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Jun 2022

One could also make the argument that summer in the Southern hemisphere begins in late December. Perhaps we will see this new player released in December.
You basically made my point :clap: :thumbup: :puf_bigsmile:
-------

joeyluck

23 Jun 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Jun 2022
joeyluck wrote:
23 Jun 2022
That was the point I made earlier :thumbup:
Oh missed that. Yeah probably that.

Or...the launch of Summer itself has fallen behind on the roadmap. Surely somebody else said that one too?

Billy+

23 Jun 2022

joeyluck wrote:
23 Jun 2022
Oh missed that. Yeah probably that.

Or...the launch of Summer itself has fallen behind on the roadmap. Surely somebody else said that one too?
Maybe Reason Studios has created their own unique quirky CalendaRE that is yet to be released ;)

jamespember
Reason Studios

23 Jun 2022

Billy+ wrote:
22 Jun 2022
Not sure how many more players can be created without a massive amount of overlap but this new progression player is possibly the most intriguing one so I'm still looking forward to seeing what it's capable of - I'm just hoping that it's not something included in R12 so I can try it out in R11.
It'll be part of Reason+ of course but you'll absolutely be able to use it in Reason 11 given it's a Rack Extension. It'll go into the Rewards shop on launch day too.

Regarding the release date, keep an eye out on our Facebook and Instagram tomorrow afternoon.... ;)

moneykube

23 Jun 2022

jamespember wrote:
23 Jun 2022
Billy+ wrote:
22 Jun 2022
It'll be part of Reason+ of course but you'll absolutely be able to use it in Reason 11 given it's a Rack Extension. It'll go into the Rewards shop on launch day too.

Regarding the release date, keep an eye out on our Facebook and Instagram tomorrow afternoon.... ;)
Will it be only available in reason+( and shop)> or also for those with reason 12? I just bought 12 so I was wondering, since it sounds interesting.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Billy+

23 Jun 2022

jamespember wrote:
23 Jun 2022
Billy+ wrote:
22 Jun 2022

That's good news "Usable in R11"

But you're never going to see me using any of social networks - sorry about that I can't stand what goes on with those platforms.

How about a YouTube #short ;)
Or better yet a blog post on ReasonStudios.com

thedude

23 Jun 2022

jamespember wrote:
23 Jun 2022
Billy+ wrote:
22 Jun 2022

Jac459

23 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
23 Jun 2022
It could also refer to one of their employees named Summer who works as a developer. They just didn't finish the sentence... before Summer starts working on our next RE.
Working in IT, I totally relate to that.
'you will get it by the end of the week' means 'there is a chance I will work on it next week'
'it is 99% complete' means 'I just put it on my task list'

So basically if really we have it this afternoon, I am freaking impressed. They made it before MY summer holidays (my only point of référence lol).
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

challism

24 Jun 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Jun 2022
challism wrote:
23 Jun 2022

You basically made my point :clap: :thumbup: :puf_bigsmile:
Except that RSHQ is located in the Northern hemisphere; as are the vast majority of their users, and the vast majority of the world's population. But yeah, they could also be referring to the beginning of summer on Mars, I suppose. Anyway, all this back and forth banter is just for fun, I really don't care. :)

DaveyG

24 Jun 2022

I think that having an employee called "Summer" is the only possible explanation. What we should really be worried about is that Summer's sister is called "The End Of The Year". I think she is in charge of VST3 support.

challism

24 Jun 2022

DaveyG wrote:
24 Jun 2022
I think that having an employee called "Summer" is the only possible explanation. What we should really be worried about is that Summer's sister is called "The End Of The Year". I think she is in charge of VST3 support.
ha ha ha
Jac459 wrote:
23 Jun 2022
challism wrote:
23 Jun 2022
It could also refer to one of their employees named Summer who works as a developer. They just didn't finish the sentence... before Summer starts working on our next RE.
Working in IT, I totally relate to that.
'you will get it by the end of the week' means 'there is a chance I will work on it next week'
'it is 99% complete' means 'I just put it on my task list'

So basically if really we have it this afternoon, I am freaking impressed. They made it before MY summer holidays (my only point of référence lol).
double ha ha ha

let's just hope your clients/boss don't see your post on RT.. they will learn how to decipher your code

jonnyretina

24 Jun 2022

jamespember wrote:
23 Jun 2022
It'll go into the Rewards shop on launch day too.
Cheers James, looking forward to seeing what Reason Studios have been cooking up later on!

Jac459

24 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
24 Jun 2022
let's just hope your clients/boss don't see your post on RT.. they will learn how to decipher your code
Oups hehe.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Jac459

24 Jun 2022

The wait is unbearable, it is already 6.30pm in Singapore! But no announce on Instagram.... 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

challism

24 Jun 2022

Jac459 wrote:
24 Jun 2022
The wait is unbearable, it is already 6.30pm in Singapore! But no announce on Instagram.... 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
I asked RS if I could give a tiny sneak peek and they agreed. Here's the right side of the back.
back.JPG
back.JPG (11.79 KiB) Viewed 1758 times

Billy+

24 Jun 2022

:lol:

Just realised that James said tomorrow - not Friday ;)

I think RS is working on Jamaican time (which is my favourite).

'Mi Soon Come' This Jamaican expression means literally: I'll be right there. However if you're told mi soon come, don't be fooled. Island time is much slower than the rest of the world and this expression should be interpreted as meaning anything from a few hours to a few days

• Information