[solved] reason 11 not "seeing" kontakt player 6.x

Discuss VST stuff here!
curtisunit

22 Jun 2022

hello and happy tuesday. im running reason 11 in windows 10 pro. i installed kontakt player and reaper sees the plug in. kontakt player also runs standalone. i've no clue as to why reason is not seeing it. it sees toontrack superior drummer and arturia collection which is currently all installed. no native instruments in the dropdown. this was not an issue on the mac. am i missing something? thanks much.

Here’s some more info : in reason prefs advanced I have plug in folders : c\program files \vstplugins
Default for now.

In explorer I see in that vstplugins folder native instruments and toontrack.

I have Arturia plug-ins that aren’t installed in that folder ( don’t know where the heck they are probably c\program data \arturia ) yet they show up in the drop down and I didn’t add a plug in folder for them in reason. I am mighty confused. Thanks again
Last edited by curtisunit on 22 Jun 2022, edited 1 time in total.

curtisunit

22 Jun 2022

additionally i wanted to say i've researched for hours and can't find any threads yet specific to this problem. seems the plug in is either not recognised by reason or is incompatible now or the vst is somethere in another spot. ill keep looking. i know to add a vst directory. ill try that. thanks ahead of time.

moneykube

22 Jun 2022

weird> had the Kontakt player 6,x installed in reason 11 ... it worked... then I upgraded to full 6 version that also works... Mac Catalina
windows gurus needed?
I imagine you went into plug in manager selected Kontakt player and clicked rescan?
On Mac files VST is with the other VSTs , where it should be... but the sound files are located under users, shared, Ni resources... do you have Komplete Kontrol installed? It may show up in there because Komplete Kontrol comes with Kontakt player
Also on Mac > Arturia has it's own separate folder in the system's library as well as the application folder... Arturia VST are where all the VST live as well.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

curtisunit

23 Jun 2022

Thanks for that response. I didn’t know about plug-in manager. I’ll try it.
I found that native instruments prioritises vs3 so the vst2 or in my case vst dll
Is not being seen by reason. I know p head doesn’t do Vst3 unless I’m mistaken now about that.

curtisunit

23 Jun 2022

I read there’s a hack : renaming the extension on the vs3 forces the host to find the vst dll. I found that in a NI discussion.

This is a quote: Hello! rename it to what? Please. Kontakt.vst2?
NO do not name it Kontakt.vst2, that will mess things up. Rename it something like Kontakt.bck or Kontakt.vst3.bck; bck is my extension for backup.

I’ll rescan first then maybe give this a go.

curtisunit

23 Jun 2022

Member of the awesome league of perpetuals! Class!

curtisunit

23 Jun 2022

this problem has been solved.

Used file explorer and searched for Kontakt.dll (vst2 plug)
closed out and opened Reason
aqdvanced settings added a custom file path for Kontakt.dll (generally c:/program files/native instrumts/vst64bit)
rebooted Reason and all worked

moneykube

23 Jun 2022

curtisunit wrote:
23 Jun 2022
this problem has been solved.

Used file explorer and searched for Kontakt.dll (vst2 plug)
closed out and opened Reason
aqdvanced settings added a custom file path for Kontakt.dll (generally c:/program files/native instrumts/vst64bit)
rebooted Reason and all worked
awesome... glad you got it worked out :puf_smile:

moneykube

23 Jun 2022

curtisunit wrote:
23 Jun 2022
Thanks for that response. I didn’t know about plug-in manager. I’ll try it.
I found that native instruments prioritises vs3 so the vst2 or in my case vst dll
Is not being seen by reason. I know p head doesn’t do Vst3 unless I’m mistaken now about that.
it is said to be coming which will be great when they work out the logistics

• Information