This sound in Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
graeme75

21 Jun 2022

Hi all

After watching the latest Venus Theory video (
where he describes making beats with Maths (Euclidean Rhythms), can anyone help me with the following

1) What instrument/preset would get me as close to the sound of the pulses he is using?

2) To replicate this in Reason, would I have to duplicate each device and put a different Euclidean rhythm on each? Is there a way to feed multiple Euclidean rhythm players (with different) settings to 1 device?

Cheers
Graeme

Eprom

22 Jun 2022

You could use the Drum Sequencer Player. It has 8 tracks with step lengths from 1 to 16 steps. Set the notes you want for each track and you're off.
You can even change the speed for each track.

Connect it to a Subtractor (or any other synth) and if you need more than 8 tracks, add a second Drum Sequencer Player

Have fun.
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

Eprom

22 Jun 2022

Screenshot2.png
Screenshot2.png (730.45 KiB) Viewed 593 times
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

Loque

22 Jun 2022

graeme75 wrote:
21 Jun 2022
1) What instrument/preset would get me as close to the sound of the pulses he is using?
A 2300 Year Old Trick For Infinite Musical Ideas.jpg
A 2300 Year Old Trick For Infinite Musical Ideas.jpg (10.47 KiB) Viewed 580 times
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

22 Jun 2022

Quad Note Generator creates stuff like this easily, can also create interesting beats too when connect to drum modules.
Selig Audio, LLC

huggermugger

22 Jun 2022

Another approach is to use Lectric Panda's Korde sequencer/arpeggiator. This lets you set up as many as eight different rhythmic patterns and then play them from your keyboard or a MIDI note track.

A disadvantage of using DrumSequencer as mentioned above (which is otherwise a great idea) is that the notes are pre-determined in the patch, and not easily changed on the fly. But this Korde setup lets you input notes in realtime, like an arpeggiator. You can easily edit Korde to give you the cross rhythmic pulse patterns that you want, and you can go quite crazy with interesting long-form polyrhythms, including octave shifts per note, as you'll see near the end of the video (with CVPTap, you can even output specific notes to other synths - that 'bass note' that I'm adding could be output to a separate bass synth instead of to the Subtractor.)

I love playing with Korde, it's very inspiring. It's not a Player, though, so CVPTap to the rescue.

graeme75

22 Jun 2022

Cheers for all the info - that’s my weekend sorted 👍

• Information