[SOLVED] Please wait while this key is being repaired - No help from support for over a week

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sublunar

20 Jun 2022

On May 23, I submitted a case with Reason Studios.

My offline authorized main production machine was giving me the ol' "some of the rack extensions are online only" crap.

I heard NOTHING back. CRICKETS until May 31. OVER A WEEK with issues and ZERO help from support.

By the time they replied, i was busy planning a trip (and breaking my collarbone) so I missed their late reply and they closed the case with ZERO useful help in their reply.

Here I am with "Please wait while this key is being repaired" stuck in an endless loop. No help in sight.

I guess they're just determined to send us to real DAWs like Studio One through their inability to update/support the abandonware known as Reason.

Reason Studios: I'm real f@cking disappointed, son. I honestly can't believe the potential this company has squandered. What was once the most fun program to make music with has been run into the ground with buggy releases, rack extensions with known issues allowed to be sold in the shop and nonexistent support. So incredibly disappointing and frustrating as I'm trying to finish an album but it looks like i'll be better off following Reason Studio's lead and abandoning this software myself. What a damn shame.

EnochLight

20 Jun 2022

sublunar wrote:
20 Jun 2022
By the time they replied, i was busy planning a trip (and breaking my collarbone) so I missed their late reply and they closed the case with ZERO useful help in their reply.
I mean, I totally agree that 1 week is way too long to wait for tech support to reply in this day and age, but... how is you missing their response because "life" their fault? :? Sorry to hear about your collarbone, though. That sucks.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

stratatonic

20 Jun 2022

sublunar wrote:
20 Jun 2022

My offline authorized main production machine was giving me the ol' "some of the rack extensions are online only" crap.

Recently had the same issue. A couple REs were refusing to be able to be used offline. I tried different browsers to authorize all REs, but the latest REs that I had downloaded were still online only. I had even deleted REs and reinstalled them to try to get into the auth mode, but nothing was working.
I then went into the Shop, "bought" a free kHz RE, downloaded that, which triggered the auth cycle so all installed REs now work offline. What a mess.
Hope that works for you as well. :-)

sublunar

20 Jun 2022

EnochLight wrote:
20 Jun 2022

I mean, I totally agree that 1 week is way too long to wait for tech support to reply in this day and age, but... how is you missing their response because "life" their fault? :? Sorry to hear about your collarbone, though. That sucks.
I never said my missing their late response was their fault.

My point is: this shitshow of a company apparently can't respond to longtime user production stoppages until over a week later. That's just lame as hell. And the reply I got had no useful information in it for me to try on my end AND they didn't fix anything on their end in the meantime so I'm back to square one opening another case with them.

Between this and having paid for buggy rack extensions that the developers know don't work right but they still sell them in the shop coughMCDSPcough (among others) AND the horrible rollout that was v12... not to mention the complete lack of new features to entice me to upgrade from v10...I'm quickly losing my affection for my formerly favorite piece of software.

sublunar

20 Jun 2022

stratatonic wrote:
20 Jun 2022
sublunar wrote:
20 Jun 2022

Recently had the same issue. A couple REs were refusing to be able to be used offline. I tried different browsers to authorize all REs, but the latest REs that I had downloaded were still online only. I had even deleted REs and reinstalled them to try to get into the auth mode, but nothing was working.
I then went into the Shop, "bought" a free kHz RE, downloaded that, which triggered the auth cycle so all installed REs now work offline. What a mess.
Hope that works for you as well. :-)
Just tried this to no avail. Appreciate the suggestion though.

DaveyG

21 Jun 2022

stratatonic wrote:
20 Jun 2022
A couple REs were refusing to be able to be used offline.
I get this regularly with offline authorisation. All will be fine then one day it will say some licences need updating. I say "yes", wait a minute and all is fine (my machine is connected). No trials or betas on the machine. Just ghosts.

Steedus
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2022

This is the 2nd biggest cause of piracy - users feeling helpless when the software stops working (and can't get support). I remember back when I was trying to get a job in a recording studio here, at least 3 of them all bought active licences for Pro Tools and Waves stuff, but all of them actually used pirated copies for fear of getting locked out during a session.

jonnyretina

21 Jun 2022

sublunar wrote:
20 Jun 2022
I had this happen once and the solution was to deauthorise the offline machine both for the Reason license and for the Rack Extensions license (I hadn't realised until that point that they are classed as two separate offline authorisations). After disconnecting my machine from the license and RE license on the RS website and then reconnecting them both back afterwards, everything started working again properly. Might be worth giving that a try whilst you wait to hear back from Reason Studios.
Last edited by jonnyretina on 21 Jun 2022, edited 1 time in total.

sublunar

21 Jun 2022

jonnyretina wrote:
21 Jun 2022
sublunar wrote:
20 Jun 2022
I had this happen once and the solution was to deauthorise the offline machine both for the Reason license and for the Rack Extensions license (I hadn't realised until that point that they are classed as two separate offline authorisations). After disconnecting my machine from the license and RE license on the RS website and then reconnecting them both back afterwards, everything started working again properly. Might be worth giving that a try whilst you wait to hear back from Reason Studios.
I can't deauthorize or do anything with RE's because the computer offline key is "being repaired" and the authorizer window is "writing licenses". Totally stuck.

sublunar

21 Jun 2022

Steedus wrote:
21 Jun 2022
This is the 2nd biggest cause of piracy - users feeling helpless when the software stops working (and can't get support). I remember back when I was trying to get a job in a recording studio here, at least 3 of them all bought active licences for Pro Tools and Waves stuff, but all of them actually used pirated copies for fear of getting locked out during a session.

Yup. I used to rely on cracked Arturia software but am now a legit customer and there's already been updates and things that are more hassle than using the cracked versions which worked fine and never gave me any hassle.. except for the suspicious file "Storagemonitor.exe" that the installer puts in the startup folder..

EnochLight

21 Jun 2022

sublunar wrote:
21 Jun 2022
I can't deauthorize or do anything with RE's because the computer offline key is "being repaired" and the authorizer window is "writing licenses". Totally stuck.
Have you tried deleting all RE's as well as the downloaded license files, and then try re-authorizing everything?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

sublunar

21 Jun 2022

EnochLight wrote:
21 Jun 2022
sublunar wrote:
21 Jun 2022
Have you tried deleting all RE's as well as the downloaded license files, and then try re-authorizing everything?
I was starting to do that but you can't bulk delete.. and I've got a LOT of RE's.. so it was going to take a long time and a lot of mouse clicks to do something that I figured might just make things worse for me.

zumBeispiel

21 Jun 2022

You could delete (or rather, rename) the whole RE folder.
Sometime, it should be enough to delete the license files: xxx.cache

EnochLight

21 Jun 2022

sublunar wrote:
21 Jun 2022
I was starting to do that but you can't bulk delete.. and I've got a LOT of RE's.. so it was going to take a long time and a lot of mouse clicks to do something that I figured might just make things worse for me.
Of course you can bulk delete - on Windows as well as Mac. Or are you trying to do this via Authorizer or Companion (which, don't)?

sublunar

21 Jun 2022

EnochLight wrote:
21 Jun 2022
sublunar wrote:
21 Jun 2022
Of course you can bulk delete - on Windows as well as Mac. Or are you trying to do this via Authorizer or Companion (which, don't)?
i was trying to do so via authorizer. BRB googling where these files are stored..

-
C:\Users\(USER NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions

EDIT: Renamed Rack Extension folder after having individually deleted all REs via authorizer.

No luck so far; Still stuck in the same loop.

jonnyretina

21 Jun 2022

sublunar wrote:
21 Jun 2022
Never seen the error message 'Please wait while this key is being repaired' before.

Have you tried reinstalling Codemeter https://www.reasonstudios.com/download-codemeter that might do the trick?

EnochLight

21 Jun 2022

sublunar wrote:
21 Jun 2022
i was trying to do so via authorizer. BRB googling where these files are stored..

-
C:\Users\(USER NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions

EDIT: Renamed Rack Extension folder after having individually deleted all REs via authorizer.

You need to have a folder called "RackExtensions", so if you simply renamed your old one, make sure you create a new one. There is a file inside that folder called *.cache - that's your license file. Delete that file, re-install the latest CodeMeter, and then try doing a Sync All from your account again.

Download the latest CodeMeter for Reason here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/download-codemeter

sublunar

21 Jun 2022

RackExtensions folder autocreated itself upon Reason launch.

Uninstalled previous version, DL'd/installed latest codemeter.

Also DL'd/installed new authorizer.

No change to my situation, same exact symptoms as before.

-

Day 2 of new Reason Studios support ticket. Reason support has responded... but only to ask for the same information I already provided them in previous case (which was merged with new ticket) which I have re-sent and I'm still just waiting for them to do something. I even begrudgingly bought v12 just for the audio crossfade and RRP feature (and only because it was on sale for $79). Pretty lame experience so far, Reason Studios, pretty lame..

EnochLight

21 Jun 2022

sublunar wrote:
21 Jun 2022
Well that sucks for you. Hopefully they'll get you sorted.

sublunar

21 Jun 2022

EnochLight wrote:
21 Jun 2022
sublunar wrote:
21 Jun 2022
Well that sucks for you. Hopefully they'll get you sorted.
Yup. Hopefully it doesn't take another week...

sublunar

21 Jun 2022

BTW, I've opened support tickets with Presonus Studio One, Bitwig Studio and Artruria today for another unrelated issue (Arturia FX collection not loading correctly in those DAWS [interestingly it loads fine in Reason]). I'll be keeping an eye on the clock to see whose support response times are fastest, just to see if Reason Studios week+ long support response delay is an outlier or not.

The race is on!

sublunar

22 Jun 2022

I've already heard back from Arturia and Presonus support. Actual people with questions. Under 24 hours.

Reason Studios support, however, has messaged me back simply TO ARGUE WITH ME and ask for things I ALREADY sent them. Seriously the dude messaged me back just to argue. WTF kind of support is this?

So fucking done with Reason Studios
Last edited by sublunar on 22 Jun 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Jac459

22 Jun 2022

I just checked my tickets.
Either you are unlucky either you are using the same language in your tickets than here :-) (don't get too upset, I am just teasing you, I understand you can be frustrated).

Ticket 1 (hardware issue): 18 March 2022 4.34. Answer (solving my issue): 18 March 2022 14.27.
Ticket 2 (User issue, purchased wrong product): 25 March 2022 16.23. Answer (solving my issue): 29 March 2022 9.43.
Ticket 3 (Request for commercial gesture): 28 May 2022 9.32. Answer (solving my request): 29 May 2022 18.47.
Ticket 4 (Request for another commercial gesture): 4 June 2022 9.17. Answer 1 (not solving my request) 7 June 15.05.
Ticket 4 (second attempt):7 June 2022 17.42. Answer 2 (solving my request with nice commercial gesture) 9 June 9.58.

So my experience is pretty awesome actually. They answer fast and efficiently (and they don't work on weekend apparently)...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

sublunar

22 Jun 2022

Jac459 wrote:
22 Jun 2022
using the same language in your tickets than here

Fair point.

Everything was vanilla until I said this, and only this, quoted entirely below.
What is the expected wait time for help? The first ticket sat in your system for over a week before anyone reached out. Is that how long I'm going to be stuck idle again?

THIS is why people pirate software.
and his response was as follows. Nothing useful, acting like I hadn't sent enough information.. I've since sent him the screenshots (that literally show nothing additional to what I've already provided).

Also note his link went to a 404 page. Double-checked today, same result.
Please; this is conduit for product support. It's not a place to vent and rage against the company. I'm not here to argue with you. I'm not overly concerned with your opinions about software piracy. They're simply not relevant here.

Ignoring my request for the information I need in order to be able to help in favour of scoring points in "he said, she said" isn't going to do anyone any favours.

I realise you're frustrated, but please, work with me on this rather than against me. I'm just a regular guy who just wants to help you fix this issue, and I cannot do this without the specific information I've asked for. That's why I asked you for it!

Without some kind of context, "128-[REDACTED}" really doesn't tell me anything useful I'm afraid. PLEASE get back to with ALL of the information I requested.

If you'd like, then just send me a screenshot of the "Authorize Computer and Keys" page:

[LINK REMOVED]

This will tell me everything I need to know.
Best regards,

sublunar

22 Jun 2022

BEHOLD THE MAGIC CODE

phrem:deletevik?128-[REDACTED]

Use this to force remove the problematic license from your PC and then you can redo authorization.

Seems to have resolved my problems.

Just got this from support (3 days after resubmitting my issue)

• Information