This intro ambience (1993) seems to be exactly like the one in Malstrom

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Propellerhands

15 Jun 2022

Not sure if someone posted this before, but it came to my attention recently that this track bellow from 1993 has intro ambience exactly like in Malstrom (patch ambientChord2).

Just curious now, which hardware synth this was sampled from, since many if not most sounds in Reason VST as far as I know are from real synthesizers.
My music history is quite poor especially in techno genre since this is not my cup of tea but perhaps someone else has more knowledge and can enlighten me a bit.
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

VIVIsect

15 Jun 2022

I can't help with your question, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I love that ambientChord2 sound. I remember using it in a couple tracks way back. I've always thought that it has such a Silent Hill 2 soundtrack vibe.

Propellerhands

17 Jun 2022

VIVIsect wrote:
15 Jun 2022
I can't help with your question, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I love that ambientChord2 sound. I remember using it in a couple tracks way back. I've always thought that it has such a Silent Hill 2 soundtrack vibe.
I used it a lot too back in the day. Very nice ambience.
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

cocoazenith

17 Jun 2022

Propellerhands wrote:
15 Jun 2022
Not sure if someone posted this before, but it came to my attention recently that this track bellow from 1993 has intro ambience exactly like in Malstrom (patch ambientChord2).

Just curious now, which hardware synth this was sampled from, since many if not most sounds in Reason VST as far as I know are from real synthesizers.
My music history is quite poor especially in techno genre since this is not my cup of tea but perhaps someone else has more knowledge and can enlighten me a bit.
I think it's either E-mu Emulator II/III or Korg 01/W

arnigretar

21 Jun 2022

Great track and one of my favorite malström patches :) made a track in 2009 just focusing on that! But yeah, it could be a lot of synths. But good guess from cocoazenith. Maybe some propellerhead from the way back can shed some light on it.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Neo

21 Jun 2022

:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Oberlai

24 Jun 2022

Hi m8s, I can't find Ambient Chord 2 (or ambientChord2 for that matter) among the stock patches, where can I find it?

thx

24 Jun 2022

He meant the waveform "Synth: AmbientChord2".

Oberlai

24 Jun 2022

Ahh the waveform, yes i found it now, many thanks!

• Information