FireMint (Pitch & Formant Shifter) by T2ON

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
turn2on
RE Developer

20 Jun 2022

is a Formant/Pitch Shifter Voice Altering FX with Pitch / Gender control. Up to 4 octave formant-shifting range help to create unique and accuracy natural sounds.
Formant Shifter mainly used for voice altering, but everybody can find it useful as Formant Filter for any kind of signal.
Formant shifter + Pitch Shifter can be used in pair at once (in Link mode). Possible to create Robotic modulated voices with Sync to Note mode.

Try it now!
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... t-shifter/

Quarmat
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2022

This is EXACTLY what i needed for my current track!

Just bought, can't wait to use it!

Ty T2On!

joeyluck

20 Jun 2022

Does this mean that the Gorilla Engine finally has a formant shifter? My understanding from before was that it didn't have one.

turn2on
RE Developer

21 Jun 2022

Hi, @joeyluck. Not think that need to talk about gorilla in this topic, dedicated to RE.
All I can said, public version (about what you talk) not have this possibilities.

Back to FireMint RE: Plan updates with additional functinal.

BRIGGS

21 Jun 2022

Stunning!
r11s

challism

22 Jun 2022

Nice looking GUI and great sounding device. A way to pitch shift vocals without having that horrible chipmunk effect! I particularly like using the dry/wet knob to create interesting voice doubling. Congrats on the release.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2022

Hi T2ON.
I've noticed that there's a significant delay when using this RE. Reasons delay compensation is on, but it doesn't make any difference. Also it doesn't matter if the sound is not altered with the device, with no change to pitch or formant. As soon as the device is On and not bypassed, there's a very noticeable delay.
Is this a bug or something? It makes it kind of hard to work with, since you have to move the whole midi sequence by hand to make it work in a song.

turn2on
RE Developer

11 Jul 2022

Hi. It’s not a bug

Shift Quality Range downsamples the effect - runs it at 1/2 or 1/4 speed.
It can process lower frequencies better (try a low piano chord to hear the difference). But then the bandwidth is halved and the latency is doubled which is why it sounds like EQ and delay.

If this break your sound with listened delay, use modern mode with shift freq range = 20 kHz.
Internal Reason Latency compensation can’t be solution for this.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2022

turn2on wrote:
11 Jul 2022
Hi. It’s not a bug

Shift Quality Range downsamples the effect - runs it at 1/2 or 1/4 speed.
It can process lower frequencies better (try a low piano chord to hear the difference). But then the bandwidth is halved and the latency is doubled which is why it sounds like EQ and delay.

If this break your sound with listened delay, use modern mode with shift freq range = 20 kHz.
Internal Reason Latency compensation can’t be solution for this.
Thanks for the reply.
It's not a huge deal breaker. I'll get by.

crimsonwarlock

29 Jul 2022

Can this RE be used to approximate a female voice from a male voice recording? And if so, any demo video on that available?
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

turn2on
RE Developer

29 Jul 2022

Yes, this is possible to use formant shifter for transformation of male vocal to female with some easy tricks.
I try to make examples at the weekend.

crimsonwarlock

29 Jul 2022

turn2on wrote:
29 Jul 2022
Yes, this is possible to use formant shifter for transformation of male vocal to female with some easy tricks.
I try to make examples at the weekend.
Wow, thanks for doing that. Looking forward to the results. I'm currently using Neptune for this (= fake female backing voices), but the results are not really impressive. If FireMint can pull this off better, then you get an instant buy from me.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

turn2on
RE Developer

01 Aug 2022

Sorry, but was been at weekend out of city and cant make the video.
But prepare 3 examples of Male 2 Female vocal changes:

Sorry, but using low-quality mp3, at 3rd example high resonance on vocal (mp3 artefacts). Quality of file is affect to the result

Main idea to change vocal from Male 2 Female:
1. Pitch Shifter = +1 oct
2. Set Formant = -1..-6 (start from vocal character)
3. Set Tracking to find better solution for woman character
4. Find better result in pair Formant/Pitch Shifter changes.
5. To glide vocal peaks, use correction (speed and tuning).

Its not hard. Formant shifting helps better to emulate vocal tract, not as it doing simple pitch-shifters.

crimsonwarlock

01 Aug 2022

turn2on wrote:
01 Aug 2022
Sorry, but was been at weekend out of city and cant make the video.
But prepare 3 examples of Male 2 Female vocal changes:
That's pretty impressive, much better than what I get from Neptune. Going to demo it myself next weekend.

Now if you could make FireMint part of the current Turn2on sale.... :puf_bigsmile:
-------

crimsonwarlock

02 Aug 2022

turn2on wrote:
02 Aug 2022
You can use 30 days trial
I know :puf_smile:
turn2on wrote:
02 Aug 2022
.. and Psss.. September is near)
What's in September :?:
-------

crimsonwarlock

14 Aug 2022

OK, I tried to demo it, but if I select 'download trial' I get taken directly to a download, instead of the normal checkout page that states I have to pay zero because it is a trial. When I try to download it, the rack-extensions window that should download it and update the licenses, states 'the requested version was not found on your account'.

I'm sure I didn't demo it before. Also, the shop does have some strange behavior over the last several months, but I didn't experience something like this before. I also got trial for two other extensions, and they didn't give me any problems.
-------

turn2on
RE Developer

14 Aug 2022

Hi. Can’t help with this because only RS have acccess to control what’s going on with user licences.
You can check did you already have this RE in account as trial or license:
- run in Reason list of RackExtensions
- check your Reason account products (rack extension) at site or in Reason+ app

If RE is already trialed, you must see that RE is already trialed
Anyway, if you have questions and can’t trial RE or find that it already trialed, this is question to RS.
May be after new update later I can add beta as trial for new 30 days period
-

crimsonwarlock

14 Aug 2022

turn2on wrote:
14 Aug 2022
Hi. Can’t help with this because only RS have acccess to control what’s going on with user licences.
You can check did you already have this RE in account as trial or license:
- run in Reason list of RackExtensions
- check your Reason account products (rack extension) at site or in Reason+ app

If RE is already trialed, you must see that RE is already trialed
Anyway, if you have questions and can’t trial RE or find that it already trialed, this is question to RS.
May be after new update later I can add beta as trial for new 30 days period
-
Thanks for your reply. I already checked that I didn't trial it. Problem is currently with the shop, it doesn't report correctly if you have trialed or even bought a RE. I see several REs in the shop that I own showing the buy and trial options.

I'll drop a ticket with RS about this.
-------

turn2on
RE Developer

14 Aug 2022

Ok, believe that RA must help. But anyway let me know, I can make new beta for trial

turn2on
RE Developer

08 Dec 2022

FireMint update 1.1.2:

SCALE NOTE CORRECTION: The incoming signal can be scaled to the 12 semitones (keys).
Scale note correction is allowed if note key is enabled, and avoide if note key is disabled.
When the incoming pitch is not allowed it gets shifted to the nearest pitch that is allowed - that could be up or down, whichever is nearer. This works like in a autotune effect.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... t-shifter/

crimsonwarlock

08 Dec 2022

turn2on wrote:
08 Dec 2022
FireMint update 1.1.2:
Thanks for another great update. Downloading right now :puf_smile:
-------

challism

08 Dec 2022

Thanks for your continued support, Turn2On! :clap:
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information