Latest Roadmap (June 3 2022)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

18 Jun 2022

Bes wrote:
03 Jun 2022
regarding the workflow improvements, they were probably talking about the update to the search browser
:lol:

I'm not drinking tea atm but if I was I would have decorated my lounge walls with it laughing by now. Cynical answer there bud but probably true.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

18 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
04 Jun 2022
Just read the blog.

“ This year we have already added one new device to Reason, the BV-X Multimode Vocoder. ”

No they didn’t. They added it to the Shop.

VST3 expected “end of year”!!!

Nah!!! Bullshit. Not good.
Good point about BV-X, you're absolutely right.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Jun 2022

joeyluck wrote:
19 Jun 2022
Pretty sure they mean they added BV-X for Reason+
Probably. Maybe their Word Processor has a bug.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

19 Jun 2022

Creativemind wrote:
18 Jun 2022
DaveyG wrote:
03 Jun 2022
Chord player sounds interesting. Players are almost the only reason I still Reason. Almost.
Will it be free for Reason 12
Almost certainly not. They have to pressure us to take out the subs. :thumbs_down:
It will probably be in the reward store though.

Creativemind

19 Jun 2022

stratatonic wrote:
08 Jun 2022
Bes wrote:
03 Jun 2022
regarding the workflow improvements, they were probably talking about the update to the search browser
Yeah, I'm sure that was it. :lol: RS has had almost 8 years to update that awesome browser that was introduced in R8. Here's a thread from 5 years ago to recently, on stuff they could have worked on. Check out Creativemind's list near the end as well.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7503499
Thanks, that's one extensive and brilliant list. I got most of the ideas from Reaper, it's Media Browser is amazing.

stratatonic

20 Jun 2022

Creativemind wrote:
19 Jun 2022
stratatonic wrote:
08 Jun 2022

Yeah, I'm sure that was it. :lol: RS has had almost 8 years to update that awesome browser that was introduced in R8. Here's a thread from 5 years ago to recently, on stuff they could have worked on. Check out Creativemind's list near the end as well.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7503499
Thanks, that's one extensive and brilliant list. I got most of the ideas from Reaper, it's Media Browser is amazing.
Yeah, Reaper is what got me to start the thread in the first place! It's just so lame that this company has done nothing to the browser since it came out. Well other than a somewhat faster search recently. It's just the absolute bare minimum with this outfit, unfortunately.

Creativemind

21 Jun 2022

stratatonic wrote:
20 Jun 2022
Creativemind wrote:
19 Jun 2022

Yeah, Reaper is what got me to start the thread in the first place! It's just so lame that this company has done nothing to the browser since it came out. Well other than a somewhat faster search recently. It's just the absolute bare minimum with this outfit, unfortunately.
It always is. It's frustrating that both of the browsers in the sequencer and rack don't speak to each other as well. Frustrating you navigate to a folder say in the sequencer and the rack browser is somewhere else entirely.

moofi

25 Jun 2022

The seperation can aswell be helpful. Usually I put different stuff into the rack then I put in the sequencer, so having an individual browser focus for both is handy here. Only thing is the current bug (?) the browser sort of resetting its position to a default folder, other than that it´s ok here. Not saying it´s working for you in your workflow, just saying.

Creativemind wrote:
21 Jun 2022
stratatonic wrote:
20 Jun 2022

It always is. It's frustrating that both of the browsers in the sequencer and rack don't speak to each other as well. Frustrating you navigate to a folder say in the sequencer and the rack browser is somewhere else entirely.

Creativemind

25 Jun 2022

moofi wrote:
25 Jun 2022
The seperation can aswell be helpful. Usually I put different stuff into the rack then I put in the sequencer, so having an individual browser focus for both is handy here. Only thing is the current bug (?) the browser sort of resetting its position to a default folder, other than that it´s ok here. Not saying it´s working for you in your workflow, just saying.

Creativemind wrote:
21 Jun 2022

Yeah should be in the preferences, sync browsers - tick = on and the box unticked is off.

Yeah that resetting thing is annoying as hell too.

mimidancer

29 Aug 2022

The last update was in June. Does anyone know what they are up to at the moment? 3 months tops to VST3, right?

Eprom

01 Sep 2022

ONE YEAR LATER

So one full year after release of R12 and still there is no VST3 or Mac M1 support. This is getting ridiculous!

ReasonStudios, pull your finger out!
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

DJMaytag

01 Sep 2022

And this is why being open about a roadmap might end up being a bad thing. God forbid a deadline gets missed or something is going smoothly and then POOF… something breaks and there’s a million things to fix to implement whatever they’re working on.

crimsonwarlock

01 Sep 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
01 Sep 2022
God forbid a deadline gets missed...
The real issue here is that people tend not to understand what roadmaps are. Roadmaps are definitely not setting any deadlines. Expectations and assumptions (based on roadmaps) are also not deadlines.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Eprom

01 Sep 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
01 Sep 2022
And this is why being open about a roadmap might end up being a bad thing. God forbid a deadline gets missed or something is going smoothly and then POOF… something breaks and there’s a million things to fix to implement whatever they’re working on.
This has nothing to do with a roadmap.
A product went on sale a year ago, a product that promised features that are still, a year later not implemented.
Whether or not the company shared one, two or sixteen roadmaps, fact remains the product does not contain what people payed for.

One could even say the roadmap was a "diversionary manoeuvre" to distract disgruntled customers.

deeplink
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2022

Eprom wrote:
01 Sep 2022
DJMaytag wrote:
01 Sep 2022
A product went on sale a year ago, a product that promised features that are still, a year later not implemented.
Whether or not the company shared one, two or sixteen roadmaps, fact remains the product does not contain what people payed for.

One could even say the roadmap was a "diversionary manoeuvre" to distract disgruntled customers.
Actually, Reason 12 was never promised with VST3. It was marketed and sold solely based on Hi Res, Combinator, Faster Browser and Mimic.

Source: https://reasonstudios.com/blog/crew/ann ... reason-12/

VST3 was only mentioned on the road map after Reason 12 was released. Any additional feature following the release of R12 is essentially a bonus, not a broken promise.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

crimsonwarlock

01 Sep 2022

Yep ^^^
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

ColdSkoolBeatz

01 Sep 2022

stillifegaijin wrote:
03 Jun 2022
I really don't care about a new player or even a new device. Of course, they do cause $$$.

M1 optimization and VST3 are all I really care about right now. I'm sure they can do more than one thing at a time. Or so I keep telling myself. Please, please, please stop pushing them out.
+1,000,000,000,000 :thumbs_up:

So many promises. It's as if they strive to be the very last to do everything...fer cryin' out loud.😐🙄

ColdSkoolBeatz

01 Sep 2022

Popey wrote:
08 Jun 2022
I really cannot see the end of perpetual licences for the short term future however I do have some concerns about the "worth" of future versions.

With subscription appearing to be rs favoured method of customer I fear we may see less items/changes in Reason upgrades, less free devices in updates etc with more of the new devices being products to buy thus making subs more attractive. Perhaps the idea is people like me will eventually get r+ as getting a new perpetual cost and new devices becomes extortionate in comparison (I would be very happy sticking with r11 for as long as it works before subbing a DAW so rs may have a long wait)

I hope non of this happens but I think it's really quite possible.
Open your eyes. This is already the case. R12 perpetual is the purest example vs R+ where you get almost nothing vs. you get "everything".

selig
RE Developer

01 Sep 2022

ColdSkoolBeatz wrote:
01 Sep 2022
stillifegaijin wrote:
03 Jun 2022
I really don't care about a new player or even a new device. Of course, they do cause $$$.

M1 optimization and VST3 are all I really care about right now. I'm sure they can do more than one thing at a time. Or so I keep telling myself. Please, please, please stop pushing them out.
+1,000,000,000,000 :thumbs_up:

So many promises. It's as if they strive to be the very last to do everything...fer cryin' out loud.😐🙄
I’m back to remind everyone a road map is NOT a promise. If you’re talking about the road map, you’re not talking about anything “promised”. Unless I’m mistaken, M1 optimization/support and VST3 were never “promised”.
Carry on…
Selig Audio, LLC

QVprod

01 Sep 2022

Further reminder. Aside from “promises” that were never made, current Roadmap gives a suggested timeline on VST3 support. September isn’t the end of the year.
we are now working full throttle on VST3 support. Our VST3 hosting can already load and play instruments and effects, but many refinements are left, and we are expecting it to reach your hands end of year.
Link: https://reasonstudios.com/blog/crew/ceo ... june-2022/

Eprom

02 Sep 2022

Eprom wrote:
01 Sep 2022

Actually, Reason 12 was never promised with VST3. It was marketed and sold solely based on Hi Res, Combinator, Faster Browser and Mimic.

Source: https://reasonstudios.com/blog/crew/ann ... reason-12/

VST3 was only mentioned on the road map after Reason 12 was released. Any additional feature following the release of R12 is essentially a bonus, not a broken promise.
[/quote]
I wasn't even talking about VST3 (I'm on a Mac and use AU plugins), but bought R12 because of M1 support.
And my eye sight might be bad but I still see M1 support mentioned in the features list. (source: BestService.com)

(screenshot added)
Screenshot-2022-09-02-.jpg
Screenshot-2022-09-02-.jpg (339.08 KiB) Viewed 7664 times

deeplink
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2022

Eprom, that is unfortunate. Sorry to hear you were misguided. I think the obvious answer is to take that up with bestservice.com - however I am afraid they may hit back with "well if you run Rosetta..".

Otherwise the only other option is to sit tight, with VST3 most likely coming our towards the end of the year, I think proper M1 will only follow after
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2022

@Eprom, that might be a slight bit of communicative oversight.

It says multicore CPU support (including M1), which might have meant the multicore support also works with the M1.

But also bear in mind it does run on M1, so they do also need to communicate that it does run on the M1.

• Information