False Memories - deep melodic stuff

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Deep Schulzz

18 Jun 2022

Greetings from Berlin
Video add:
Last edited by Deep Schulzz on 28 Jun 2022, edited 1 time in total.

WOO

18 Jun 2022

Very interesting track. Were the ride cymbal flourishes programed in or played live? What about the other instruments? Midi, samples, or recorded in using real instruments? Well done.

Deep Schulzz

19 Jun 2022

WOO wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Very interesting track. Were the ride cymbal flourishes programed in or played live? What about the other instruments? Midi, samples, or recorded in using real instruments? Well done.
Thanks for the comment.
To answer your questions: The ride cymbals are programed just like the other drum stuff (and the synths). I used a real double bass and a E-Bass played & recorded by myself.

strangers
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2022

Really cool stuff. I like the organic elements and the change around 2:11. The song really evolves over time. Great job!

bluedog_sd

27 Jun 2022

Super cool stuff! What do you use for the stand up bass? I have a bass collection ReFill called "Dan Dean Bass Collection" and it sounds like maybe it's that one but yours sounds much more dynamic. I'm typing while I am listening and it just gets better as it goes along. Whoa, just got to the bass breakdown with the ride symbol. --- ah now I just read the earlier comment and see that you recorded the Bass yourself - that answers how you got it to be more dynamic than what I have! Seriously great stuff. Following you! FWIW I produce stuff that is all over the map stylistically but I love to incorporate more acoustic sounds into Electronic stuff as well. I would be interested in what you thought about my track "Le Monde De Ton Reve" - I actually didn't listen with the intent to self promote but even though the style of your track is way off from that track of mine, something brought it into mind - really probably because I used the stand up bass patch in it.

I'm Mark :puf_smile:
The guy who built a touch device MIDI controller for the SSL on TouchOSC - JQD Mirror
https://jqdmirror.com/

Deep Schulzz

28 Jun 2022

bluedog_sd wrote:
27 Jun 2022
Super cool stuff! What do you use for the stand up bass? .........

Thanks for your kind words.
Your song sounds really good for me. The drums, the guitar sound, the french vocals that comes across well. I like it. Keep it up.

Deep Schulzz

28 Jun 2022

Video add:

MarkTarlton

28 Jun 2022

I dig this track a lot! It sounds like you have a background in Jazz, or at least music that is syncopated. The video is nicely done too. Good job on everything mate, keep em coming.

bluedog_sd

29 Jun 2022

Thanks for the kind words in Re my track and I really like the video too - I'm a big fan of time lapses myself. The song is just is excellent on listening this time around :)
I'm Mark :puf_smile:
The guy who built a touch device MIDI controller for the SSL on TouchOSC - JQD Mirror
https://jqdmirror.com/

thedjjudah

29 Jun 2022

This is really cool! As MarkTarlton said, sounds really jazz-ish. Sounds like something my dad would like. Not speaking bad on your track in
any way, I only say that because my dad produces jazz, so it would be right up his alley.

Awesome production, awesome playing, good job in keeping everything coherent, just good all around.

• Information