[MELODIC TECH HOUSE] LOOK UP

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

17 Jun 2022

I must apologise for hiding some of my previous tracks before people can listen. Next day blues - decided I didn't like the tracks. Promise to keep this one up and if i hate it tomorrow I'll fix it instead of making it private.

Anyway - here is LOOK UP. A melodic tech house track. I've been playing around with multi-layered arps (all hand-made and run thru various delays for that bouncy here, there and everywhere sound - e.g. Valhalla Delay and D16 Tekturon), gritty 12-bit piano samples. This time there isn't any vocal samples... well, there is... it's extremely subtle. Wanted the sounds to lead the way here - especially morphing the arps.

Now for more nerdy bits...

Bass lines are 2 Diva's (one for sub and another for mid-bass), and one TB-303. Saturn and Smart Compressor for definition on smaller speakers.
Kick is Kick2... for the body and 2 overlaid samples - dirty hat and another for a dirty transient. Run through Saturn and Black Box HG-2, BSS DPR-402 for added impact.
Bass side-chained using Trackspacer and Laser - they compliment each other really well.
Worked hard to make the drums help the sections lead from one to another without sounding like they are bolted together. As an example I put a great deal of attention on adding congas and toms (in Battery) that helped groove between the kick and snare. Makes it feel organic and not straight up drum machine. Drums run through Eventide Saturate for glue and weight.
Check my Soundcloud:

Uman's

17 Jun 2022

Thin ! did you eat lion? :lol:

I much prefer this style which suits you well to the first piece you did, that I listened to when I came to RT.

Oh yes ! keep this new music going!
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2022

Don't know anything about the genre and how it's supposed to sound. But I like what I hear. Sounds good! :thumbs_up:
I especially like that repeating melody and the bass.

danc

22 Jun 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Don't know anything about the genre and how it's supposed to sound. But I like what I hear. Sounds good! :thumbs_up:
I especially like that repeating melody and the bass.
The thing I'm trying to do is stop going off in 100s of directions and ideas ... and condense everything into one super tight idea. Making one idea sound/feel the best I can.
Uman's wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Thin ! did you eat lion? :lol:
I much prefer this style which suits you well to the first piece you did, that I listened to when I came to RT.
Oh yes ! keep this new music going!
You are a man of fantastic describing words! GLAD YOU LIKE look up!.
Check my Soundcloud:

Uman's

23 Jun 2022

Honestly, I didn't think you could do such a variety of things ! Nice !
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

• Information