They seem to really need the money: REASON 12 UPGRADE 60% OFF

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Billy+

17 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Billy+ wrote:
17 Jun 2022

Why is it a cheap path to R13?

I'm on R11 and will be able to skip R12 and just upgrade to the next major if I want without buying R12 at all, has there been some kind of announcement?
It’s a cheap path because you buy it now for $70 then register it during the grace period when R13 is announced.
I normally buy directly from RS so it's registered straight away with them and does that actually work?

I thought that the discount code was with RS only?
It's not discounted on PiB.. looks like it is now ;)
Last edited by Billy+ on 17 Jun 2022, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2022

Billy+ wrote:
17 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022

It’s a cheap path because you buy it now for $70 then register it during the grace period when R13 is announced.
I normally buy directly from RS so it's registered straight away with them and does that actually work?

It's not discounted on PiB..
As I said above you can buy it on JRRShop with the code FORUM for $70
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

17 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Billy+ wrote:
17 Jun 2022

It's not discounted on PiB..
Yeah thanks I just found your post, can't say I've ever used them for anything - it looks like they only sell in USD.

Getting back to the original point can I really just hang onto the code and register later for the next major for free, I've never tried it. Normally I've just paid full price directly on RS.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2022

Billy+ wrote:
17 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022

Yeah thanks I just found your post, can't say I've ever used them for anything - it looks like they only sell in USD.

Getting back to the original point can I really just hang onto the code and register later for the next major for free, I've never tried it. Normally I've just paid full price directly on RS.
Doesn’t matter that it’s USD. They take PayPal. Just converts from whatever your currency is. I buy stuff from them all the time using the FORUM or the GROUP code. And yes, you buy a code and you can register it whenever you want. No problems. If you don’t believe me or want further confirmation I’m sure someone else can jump in and tell you the same thing.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

17 Jun 2022

I have no idea how it works, but y'all would really throw down 70 something today to not use something for a 1.5+ years (who knows how much longer) to save 100 or so on an upgrade that could be years out? And nobody even knows what will be in R13.

Have you looked into subscribing to R+? :lol:

Billy+

17 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Billy+ wrote:
17 Jun 2022

Doesn’t matter that it’s USD. They take PayPal. Just converts from whatever your currency is. I buy stuff from them all the time using the FORUM or the GROUP code. And yes, you buy a code and you can register it whenever you want. No problems. If you don’t believe me or want further confirmation I’m sure someone else can jump in and tell you the same thing.
I'm happy to accept your word.

And it's a very tempting moment especially as I don't want R12 but will probably want R13 and getting it on release for discount is always preferred :thumbup: you have done a better job than the current marketing strategy has :lol:

Billy+

17 Jun 2022

joeyluck wrote:
17 Jun 2022
I have no idea how it works, but y'all would really throw down 70 something today to not use something for a 1.5+ years (who knows how much longer) to save 100 or so on an upgrade that could be years out? And nobody even knows what will be in R13.

Have you looked into subscribing to R+? :lol:
Actually yes I possibly would as currently I really don't see any reason to use R12 and actually features have been talked about for the next major version.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2022

Billy+ wrote:
17 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022

I'm happy to accept your word.

And it's a very tempting moment especially as I don't want R12 but will probably want R13 and getting it on release for discount is always preferred :thumbup: you have done a better job than the current marketing strategy has :lol:
S’what I did when 11 was on sale for around the same price.
Only thing is there may never come a R13
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Gardinski

17 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022

Ahhh... Clever.

I hadn't realised the grace period was from 'registration', rather than 'date of purchase', but if it is as you say, this would be a great pooprtunity for anyone who's not in a rush for the R12 stuff. I'd do it, if I hadn't already done it (so to speak).

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2022

Gardinski wrote:
17 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022

Ahhh... Clever.

I hadn't realised the grace period was from 'registration', rather than 'date of purchase', but if it is as you say, this would be a great pooprtunity for anyone who's not in a rush for the R12 stuff. I'd do it, if I hadn't already done it (so to speak).
I’ve got 12 but I’m thinking of buying this upgrade and doing just that.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

17 Jun 2022

Gardinski wrote:
17 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022

Ahhh... Clever.

That's exactly what I had assumed - that you would be required to show proof of purchase. Including the date.

Gardinski

17 Jun 2022

Gardinski wrote:
17 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022

Ahhh... Clever.

Oh, for god's sake. That's the second time I've typed 'pooprtunity' today instead of opportunity. My fingers are going dyslexic in the heat.

(I quite like the idea of having invented the concept right here on this forum, though. It seems weirdly appropriate for R12: Truly a ”golden pooprtunity”, if ever there was one.)

SauceMerchant

17 Jun 2022

. . . .and the TAKEAWAY from this "creative" pricing is - DON'T BE A SUCKER!:

1) Buy upgrades early and pay full price if you don't work on a budget and need the latest version pronto.

2) Buy near mid cycle if money is no object and you want to wait out any bug storm.

3) Buy the hype on MAY MADNESS SALE if you believe they are actually offering their best price cause there is NO WAY a better deal would come along in 15 days .... WOOP WOOP WOOP!

4) Don't be a SUCKER, just wait them out and they will pretty much give it away for peanuts right after they told you to HURRY UP AND GET IN before the MAY MADNESS SALE ENDS !

High respect for REASON SOFTWARE - NO respect for shady marketing techniques.
If I had treated my customers like this, my business would have gone belly up!

Enjoy your weekend .... woop woop woop

Billy+

17 Jun 2022

joeyluck wrote:
17 Jun 2022
And then years from now R13 is released with a pay what you will upgrade price lol
:lol:

That's happened once in 12 version ;)

SebAudio

18 Jun 2022

SauceMerchant wrote:
17 Jun 2022
High respect for REASON SOFTWARE - NO respect for shady marketing techniques.
If I had treated my customers like this, my business would have gone belly up!
It’s the world we live in, not specific to RS.

challism

18 Jun 2022

Gardinski wrote:
17 Jun 2022
this would be a great pooprtunity for anyone
Is pooprtunity anything like crappertunity?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Creativemind

18 Jun 2022

Jac459 wrote:
16 Jun 2022
Creativemind wrote:
16 Jun 2022

Ahh yes, Mimic. Thanks Joey. That may just push me to upgrade.
Mimic has nothing sexy but is a super useful tool, I use it everyday and couldn't easily go back...
Creativemind wrote:
16 Jun 2022

Alarming in the sense that it seems they're desperate for cash.
Well with the developers cost sky rocketing in the world and this trend of Reason-bashing, we certainly can be alarmed...
Yeah, I like the fact you can play samples up & down your midi controller without them speeding up or slowing down. If that 1 feature had been added though to the NN-XT I wouldn't have needed Mimic.

The only other nifty feature I like is to quickly trim the beginnings and ends of samples with those flags within Mimic itself too.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

SauceMerchant

18 Jun 2022

SebAudio wrote:
18 Jun 2022

It’s the world we live in, not specific to RS.
Just because the world has some companies :twisted: using callous marketing practices that disrespect customers, does not mean we should just shrug our shoulders and condone this type of behaviour :shock:

Going the extra mile to earn the confidence and good will of customers is just smart business in the long run.

e.g.
My local outdoor store chain offers price match on any items that come on sale elsewhere within 30 days of purchase. This creates confidence in their customers that they're not going to lose by shopping there. Similarly, all the computer hardware and office supply stores locally will price match for at least 15 days with online purchases.

REASON STUDIOS can and should do similarly with their back-to-back *Special Sales* if they wish to keep customers happy and create some good will. If they just pocket the entire extra sales bonus and shrug off the disgruntled customers/suckers, IMHO, they are either very desparate or fine with heading down a slippery slope. :thumbs_down:

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2022

SauceMerchant wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Just because the world has some companies :twisted: using callous marketing practices that disrespect customers, does not mean we should just shrug our shoulders and condone this type of behaviour :shock:

Going the extra mile to earn the confidence and good will of customers is just smart business in the long run.

e.g.
My local outdoor store chain offers price match on any items that come on sale elsewhere within 30 days of purchase. This creates confidence in their customers that they're not going to lose by shopping there. Similarly, all the computer hardware and office supply stores locally will price match for at least 15 days with online purchases.

REASON STUDIOS can and should do similarly with their back-to-back *Special Sales* if they wish to keep customers happy and create some good will. If they just pocket the entire extra sales bonus and shrug off the disgruntled customers/suckers, IMHO, they are either very desparate or fine with heading down a slippery slope. :thumbs_down:
What's shady about promos?

As you said, it allows the price conscious to obtain the product at a reduced price if they are willing to wait, while those who aren't price conscious can happily acquire the product at the full price at their convenience.

Would you rather the product was simply priced higher than some could reasonably afford, or be price so cheaply that the business is less likely to be financially viable?

Besides, if there were never any promos ... well ... guess what!? People would complain about that too. "Greedy company never offers discounts!"

You can't win

SauceMerchant

18 Jun 2022

avasopht wrote:
18 Jun 2022

What's shady about promos?

As you said, it allows the price conscious to obtain the product at a reduced price if they are willing to wait, while those who aren't price conscious can happily acquire the product at the full price at their convenience.

Would you rather the product was simply priced higher than some could reasonably afford, or be price so cheaply that the business is less likely to be financially viable?

Besides, if there were never any promos ... well ... guess what!? People would complain about that too. "Greedy company never offers discounts!"

You can't win
You miss my point. --- There is nothing shady about promos! What is Shady is heavily marketing a promo and telling everyone hurry up and get in before it's too late . . . then just a handfull of days after the illustrious MAY MADNESS promo ended, another MUCH better one comes along that offers a much larger discount of 60%

In essence, those who bought the MAY MADNESS promo were duped for buying into the Bull S#%&.

If my local store has a sale, they offer some price protection for 30 days. So far I see nothing from RS for those who bought the unfortunate, over hyped MAY MADNESS SALE !
Last edited by SauceMerchant on 18 Jun 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Billy+

18 Jun 2022

SauceMerchant wrote:
18 Jun 2022

You miss my point. --- There is nothing shady about promos! What is Shady is heavily marketing a promo and telling everyone hurry up and get in before it's too late. Then just a handfull of days after the illustrious MAY MADNESS promo ended, another MUCH better one comes along that discounts 60%

In essence, the ones who bought the MAY MADNESS promo were duped for buying into the BS.

If my local store has a sale, they offer some price protection for 30 days. So far I see nothing from RS for those who bought the unfortunate MAY MADNESS SALE !
What's it matter?

Some will happily buy at full price, some will be willing to wait for annual sales while others just won't be able to resist a bargain.

I don't understand why it's something to get enraged about?

Personally I think it's a great move to keep having these kind of flash sales that wouldn't normally happen - bring it on %60 off bvx and BLG might just force me to buy them just for the deal.

SauceMerchant

18 Jun 2022

Sure, bring on super sales promos, but if you're going to hype it up as MAY FREAKIN MADNESS SALE, and then float a MUCH better one just a few days later ... that is simply disingenuous, disrespects buyers who bought the first sale and keeps customers leary of your future integrity and offers.

This is basic marketing 101 !

• Information