They seem to really need the money: REASON 12 UPGRADE 60% OFF

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Billy+

16 Jun 2022

joeyluck wrote:
16 Jun 2022
For those who just bought the upgrade, would the 30 day return period apply?
:lol:

Way to give support something to do.

jjpscott01

16 Jun 2022

This is a ridiculously good deal. Reason 12 at this point is very stable and working great on both windows 10 and 11. If I wasn't already using 12 I'd call this a no brainer. I welcome more of these kinds of promo's from Reason Studios as times are getting pretty tough out here.
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

moneykube

16 Jun 2022

Heigen5 wrote:
16 Jun 2022
Stepfather?? Hello! :lol:
lol
Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 2.16.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 2.16.01 PM.png (422.96 KiB) Viewed 3038 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Creativemind

16 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
16 Jun 2022
$70.31 on JRRShop with code FORUM at checkout.
:thumbs_up:

That's - £56.95 in British money.

Pretty cheap but not sure it's worth it for the updated graphics and Combinator and a browser that searches as you type but I could open the Reaper projects that use the Reason 12 RRP that I saved when doing the 3 months for £3 thing in September last year I suppose too.

I do think as others have said this, this massive price reduction is kind of alarming yes.
Last edited by Creativemind on 16 Jun 2022, edited 3 times in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

doze

16 Jun 2022

A ball guard is a good investment when dealing with Reason Studios ;)

joeyluck

16 Jun 2022

Creativemind wrote:
16 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
16 Jun 2022
$70.31 on JRRShop with code FORUM at checkout.

Pretty cheap but not sure it's worth it for the updated graphics and Combinator and a browser that searches as you type but I could open the Reaper projects that use the Reason 12 RRP that I saved when doing the 3 months for £3 thing in September last year I suppose too.

I do think as others have said this, this massive price reduction is kind of alarming yes.
There's Mimic as well!

What is alarming about it?

raymondh

16 Jun 2022

Does anyone know if you can run R11 and R12 on the same (windows 10) PC?

I'm now (finally) interested in upgrading but I collaborate with some folks who may not be.

Thanks!

Creativemind

16 Jun 2022

joeyluck wrote:
16 Jun 2022
Creativemind wrote:
16 Jun 2022

There's Mimic as well!

Ahh yes, Mimic. Thanks Joey. That may just push me to upgrade.

Alarming in the sense that it seems they're desperate for cash.

Creativemind

16 Jun 2022

selig wrote:
16 Jun 2022
Loque wrote:
16 Jun 2022
PPL are always moaning or complaining.too expensiv, too cheap, bad move, bad sign... Yadda Yadda...

Just upgrade if you want. it's a good offer. That's it.
I was just going to say similar:
Reason raises the price - they must really need the money.
Reason lowers the price - they must really need the money.
;)
Haha! you're right.

moofi

16 Jun 2022

@creativemind just get it already, I can tell, it´s gonna be pretty pleasant with zoom + combinator alone. :-)

joeyluck

16 Jun 2022

Creativemind wrote:
16 Jun 2022
joeyluck wrote:
16 Jun 2022

There's Mimic as well!

For a week long sale?

I think the strategy simply might be to just get users to upgrade that haven't yet and then more users will see where R12 is at. People who aren't on R12 are still asking about bugs and assuming there's still issues without checking out the demo. Maybe they'll take a look for themselves with this price?

zoidkirb

16 Jun 2022

Isn't this sale price just the same as the old ($120) upgrade price with 40% off? So in effect nothing really has changed.

One thing is certain they will struggle to ever sell a full $199 upgrade ever again but I suspect that's not the main goal anymore.

jam-s

16 Jun 2022

I decided on waiting for the grace period of R13 to start before upgrading to R12. This offer might be OK to grab now but only register it in a few months. But on the other hand there might also be a even better sale on Black Friday this year... hrmmmm. :?

challism

16 Jun 2022

Synthopathe wrote:
16 Jun 2022
I don't usually express my opinion on these things but here we go...

Maybe this is just a sign of a more pragmatic business model. By now the chances of any abstainers buying the upgrade at full price are close to zero and this new price is significant enough to sway some I would say.

So for me, its less a sign of desparation and more a sign of who is making these decisions.

Also R12 had a lot of teething problems so maybe the initial uptake was lower than hoped so this will help even that out?
Good point. I'm inclined to agree with you.
zoidkirb wrote:
16 Jun 2022
Isn't this sale price just the same as the old ($120) upgrade price with 40% off? So in effect nothing really has changed.

One thing is certain they will struggle to ever sell a full $199 upgrade ever again but I suspect that's not the main goal anymore.
Kind of what I was thinking.

At the end of the day, I suppose the lesson here is to always wait for a sale. Or buy it before the sale and complain about it later when it inevitably goes on sale. That's one reason I didn't buy BV-X. The other reason is that I don't want BV-X!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

rgdaniel

16 Jun 2022

Do I have to wait for the email? For some reason, "receive news and special offers" checkbox was turned OFF in my account profile, so I did not get any email. Can I still just enter VIP60, do you think? Hard to resist that price, even if I just sit on it for now until I upgrade my PC...

Heigen5

16 Jun 2022

rgdaniel wrote:
16 Jun 2022
Do I have to wait for the email? For some reason, "receive news and special offers" checkbox was turned OFF in my account profile, so I did not get any email. Can I still just enter VIP60, do you think? Hard to resist that price, even if I just sit on it for now until I upgrade my PC...
My logic says the code works for everyone. I don't get any emails either, but they would lose like ishloads of clients if an email would be needed for his.

jam-s

16 Jun 2022

The code also works for upgrading Reason intro/lite for a very nice price.

Creativemind

16 Jun 2022

joeyluck wrote:
16 Jun 2022
Creativemind wrote:
16 Jun 2022

For a week long sale?

I think the strategy simply might be to just get users to upgrade that haven't yet and then more users will see where R12 is at. People who aren't on R12 are still asking about bugs and assuming there's still issues without checking out the demo. Maybe they'll take a look for themselves with this price?
Possibly.

Jac459

16 Jun 2022

Creativemind wrote:
16 Jun 2022

Mimic has nothing sexy but is a super useful tool, I use it everyday and couldn't easily go back...
Creativemind wrote:
16 Jun 2022

Well with the developers cost sky rocketing in the world and this trend of Reason-bashing, we certainly can be alarmed...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Jac459

16 Jun 2022

zoidkirb wrote:
16 Jun 2022
I don't think so, if you are passionate about music creation, doing this avery day, will you really wait 6 months to upgrade (if the upgrade is meaning full) just to pay 100usd less?
I don't feel particularly rich but I would certainly not wait...

Look at the people buying new iPhones because there is 1 more megapixel in the camera or 7 minutes more battery... They could wait 1 year more and have 1.5 megapixel upgrade and 9 min more, they don't.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

STIM

16 Jun 2022

Upgrades aren't their main income anymore. The Reason + subs and the new devices are (as well as their cut from the store).

They want you to pay for an upgrade, then buy their new player (out in the next few weeks) then subscribe to Reason +.

Check out the recent interview with the CEO to read about how they seem to be doing pretty well financially and are putting all of their resources into Reason their core product.

https://speakhertz.com/13811/reason-stu ... agevik-ceo

raymondh

16 Jun 2022

Finally pushed the button, and upgraded! First impressions good, I really like the updated search.

Less impressed with the HiRes graphics. It seems some graphics scale up very nicely and some (especially text) remain chunky and a bit fuzzy when zoomed in.

Jac459

16 Jun 2022

STIM wrote:
16 Jun 2022
Upgrades aren't their main income anymore. The Reason + subs and the new devices are (as well as their cut from the store).

They want you to pay for an upgrade, then buy their new player (out in the next few weeks) then subscribe to Reason +.

Check out the recent interview with the CEO to read about how they seem to be doing pretty well financially and are putting all of their resources into Reason their core product.

https://speakhertz.com/13811/reason-stu ... agevik-ceo
Thanks STIM, very informative!
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

DaveyG

16 Jun 2022

raymondh wrote:
16 Jun 2022

I'm now (finally) interested in upgrading but I collaborate with some folks who may not be.

Thanks!
Yes you can, except for the RRP which will be the version you installed most recently.

raymondh

16 Jun 2022

DaveyG wrote:
16 Jun 2022
raymondh wrote:
16 Jun 2022

Thanks!
Yes you can, except for the RRP which will be the version you installed most recently.
Thanks! My collaborators are also upgrading, so I won't need to worry about this now. Cheers!

• Information