Kilohearts - Lots of RE for FREE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
DJMaytag

15 Jun 2022

Kenny Loggins has gotta be pissed off.

challism

15 Jun 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
15 Jun 2022
Kenny Loggins has gotta be pissed off.
I'd guess that Highway to the Dangerzone is in the new Top Gun? I mean, it pretty much has to be, right?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Steedus
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
15 Jun 2022
jam-s wrote:
15 Jun 2022
I simply clicked on "sync all" on the website and a about a minute later all of those nice gifts were ready to use.
That downloads EVERYTHING in your account though. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has deleted things that are no longer being used, if only to clear some of the clutter in your devices list.
Yep, this. I have plenty of cheap/free/or just unused REs that I will probably never ever want to install again. Wish we could block RE's from syncing with the Sync All button.

kitekrazy

16 Jun 2022

K.Markov wrote:
14 Jun 2022
dvdrtldg wrote:
14 Jun 2022

There is if you spend time around the back of the rack patching CV cables. The whole process is better integrated & more streamlined with REs than with VSTs
not really. did you try SnapHeap?
Not only that but their VSTs are version 2.

moofi

16 Jun 2022

Still it´s a different way of working, I prefer the standard method. Still pleasant having SnapHeap available though.
kitekrazy wrote:
16 Jun 2022
K.Markov wrote:
14 Jun 2022

not really. did you try SnapHeap?
Not only that but their VSTs are version 2.

MirrorEyEs

16 Jun 2022

So far I am liking the Resonator for Sully - 5ives style percs. The Transient Shaper seems better than Kongs and has a built in clipper. The Reverb sounds pretty good, although I don't know how much use I will get out of it yet!

The Bitcrush and Ring Mod are cool as well but have a bit of latency.

Cheers KiloHearts.
Reason 12 - Horrible plastic M-Audio Oxygen 49 and a battered pair of Sony MDR V6 cans

orthodox
RE Developer

16 Jun 2022

Just grabbed kHs Tape Stop. Been thinking about it for a long time, but never been up for.

Now I've discovered that the spindles in the cassette deck spin in the wrong direction! Everybody knows it should go CCW! (Well, unless you have a bi-dir deck).

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2022

orthodox wrote:
16 Jun 2022
Just grabbed kHs Tape Stop. Been thinking about it for a long time, but never been up for.

Now I've discovered that the spindles in the cassette deck spin in the wrong direction! Everybody knows it should go CCW! (Well, unless you have a bi-dir deck).
Get a refund.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
16 Jun 2022
orthodox wrote:
16 Jun 2022

Get a refund.
I'll wait for it to be fixed in the next update.

DaveyG

17 Jun 2022

orthodox wrote:
16 Jun 2022

Have you tried looking at it from behind the monitor?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2022

orthodox wrote:
17 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
16 Jun 2022

Get a refund.
I'll wait for it to be fixed in the next update.
Hahaha :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Jun 2022

DaveyG wrote:
17 Jun 2022
orthodox wrote:
16 Jun 2022

I'm afraid the labels are difficult to read from there.

DaveyG

17 Jun 2022

orthodox wrote:
17 Jun 2022
DaveyG wrote:
17 Jun 2022

I'm afraid the labels are difficult to read from there.
Try taking the back off and moving the circuit board out of the way. Or maybe use a mirror. Or buy one of those backwards clocks where the hands go the wrong way, thus changing what clockwise means.

Oh, so many solutions and so little time. :D

challism

17 Jun 2022

I haven't tried all these REs yet... there are a lot of them. But I'm really loving Trance Gate, Formant Filter and Transient Shaper! Wow! Transient Shaper in particular is pure magic. Thank you so much Kilohearts!

crimsonwarlock

17 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Transient Shaper in particular is pure magic.
That's one of the few I did buy before. It is pretty good. Also bought Faturator in the past so I don't know if that one is also free now, but it is also very good at what it does.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

zumBeispiel

17 Jun 2022

Thank you, Kilohearts!
Last edited by zumBeispiel on 18 Aug 2022, edited 1 time in total.

challism

17 Jun 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Jun 2022
challism wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Transient Shaper in particular is pure magic.
That's one of the few I did buy before. It is pretty good. Also bought Faturator in the past so I don't know if that one is also free now, but it is also very good at what it does.
I got Transient Shaper and Faturator from the Mix & Master Bundle (right before it was removed from the shop last month). So I've had some time to play with Transient Shaper, but it's still fairly new to me. Love it! I still haven't made my way though all the Kilohearts REs that came with the M&M upgrade, let alone the rest of them which were recently made free. They are really great REs, though. Simple, effective, and precise - perfect for Reason's environment. I'm loving the idea of a Kilohearts Combi2 competition; Kilohearts REs are perfect for such a thing. I'm really curious to see what the RT users would create in such a challenge. What kind of CV monsters would Loque create?

Faturator and Disperser are the only two Kilohearts REs that they aren't giving away (both still being priced at $59). I have them both from my recent M&M rig upgrade, but I can't say I am all that enthusiastic about either of them. Disperser is a bit of a one-trick pony, and that one trick is very, very subtle. I'm sure there is a time and place for it, but I'm not really sure when and where that may be (perhaps in the browser, collecting dust?). And I think Faturator's drive and fuzz sound absolutely horrid; I appreciate this RE much more when those two knobs are turned completely down to 0%. The stereo turbo knob is fantastic, though. The color knob seems basically be a frequency cutoff filter. And I'm always happy to see a dry/wet mix knob on an effect device. (Sorry Kilohearts, I don't mean to badmouth your products, I'm just not very excited about these two... kind of funny that I'm more excited about all the new free REs than the two remaining paid ones)

I can't believe they are giving away ONE. I trialed it a long time ago and never pulled the trigger, but I'm happy to have it in my rack now. Been playing with it the last two days and it sounds great.

Loque

17 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
17 Jun 2022
...What kind of CV monsters would Loque create?
:-D

I was experimenting quite a while with the Resonators, which are in fact tunable Comb Filters. You can create string-instruments with it, well at least plucked ones. But the results are not as good as i expected. Maybe i still do something wrong :?

If i have a bit more time, i gonna catch that idea again and see what happens. The problem is, without Multipass or Phase Plant it will be mono only, which can have ofc also some nice sounds when played poly.

Just had a play with KhsONE to use it's noise for that, and i must say, it sounds really good, i mean KhsONE in general. Just the lack of modulation possiblities is always a pain...

We will see, maybe i have a complete different idea...Like you can use the Transient Shaper also as a Transient Splitter ;-)
Reason12, Win10

crimsonwarlock

18 Jun 2022

Loque wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Just had a play with KhsONE to use it's noise for that, and i must say, it sounds really good, i mean KhsONE in general. Just the lack of modulation possiblities is always a pain...
I just found out that KhsOne has one of the best CV-modulation implementations; it has a bunch of CV-inputs which you can map to pretty much every parameter in the synth. Just click on the label besides the CV-input.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

18 Jun 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Loque wrote:
17 Jun 2022
I just found out that KhsOne has one of the best CV-modulation implementations; it has a bunch of CV-inputs which you can map to pretty much every parameter in the synth. Just click on the label besides the CV-input.
Oh that is sick! Awesome idea. I always thought the mod matrix should go on the back and stop taking up valuable real estate. This is prettty sweet. Nice one, Kilohearts!

Oh, and in case anybody missed it, there is a Kilohearts appreciation thread over in the refill/patch subforum:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7528382
sick.JPG
sick.JPG (121.39 KiB) Viewed 2582 times

rorystorm

18 Jun 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Loque wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Damn.

This should be standard for all devices.

crimsonwarlock

18 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Oh that is sick! Awesome idea.
rorystorm wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Damn.

This should be standard for all devices.
I think this, together with the mod-matrix slots on the front, makes KhsOne the most modulate-able RE synth in existence.
-------

Bumbum

21 Jun 2022

trancegate is awesome tool!
some people have build their entire career with tool like that :D

Also those modulation options in One look .. well, sick

Rising Night Wave

21 Jun 2022

yes, i also like trancegate.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

alipi

21 Jun 2022

Cool, thanks :cool: :clap:

• Information