Kilohearts - Lots of RE for FREE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

14 Jun 2022

kitekrazy wrote:
14 Jun 2022
I have everything in VST. Is there really a point in getting the RE versions?
There is if you spend time around the back of the rack patching CV cables. The whole process is better integrated & more streamlined with REs than with VSTs

BRIGGS

14 Jun 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
14 Jun 2022
kitekrazy wrote:
14 Jun 2022
There is if you spend time around the back of the rack patching CV cables. The whole process is better integrated & more streamlined with REs than with VSTs
+1

RE ftw!!! :puf_smile:
r11s

arnigretar

14 Jun 2022

I don't have many of those! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the freebies KH :-)
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

K.Markov

14 Jun 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
14 Jun 2022
kitekrazy wrote:
14 Jun 2022
not really. did you try SnapHeap?

Bes
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2022

thousands of hearts to kHs for this
- Certified Reason expert

dvdrtldg

14 Jun 2022

K.Markov wrote:
14 Jun 2022
dvdrtldg wrote:
14 Jun 2022

not really. did you try SnapHeap?
I use it a bit, and Multipass, they're great. My point is that for back-of-the-rack junkies, REs offer a better workflow. No floating windows, no drop-down CV programmer menu. Just patch & go

K.Markov

14 Jun 2022

I didn't try REs yet, I like one window and all of modulation inside instead of combinator with millions of cables (no more time for that) :puf_bigsmile:

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2022

WOW! TY kHZ!!!

Gardinski

14 Jun 2022

This is a tremendously generous gesture by Kilohearts. I was a big fan of the KHS-One. A lovely, rich subtractive synth. (Not sure if that's included in the list of freebies for people who haven't already bought it, but if it is, then you should definitely grab it.)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2022

Seems like a great opportunity for some sort of Song Challenge.

Loque

15 Jun 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
15 Jun 2022
Idd. Or a Combi2 challenge.
Reason12, Win10

dioxide

15 Jun 2022

I have them all apart from Disperser. Highly recommended, they're all great simple units that are very useful.

Neo

15 Jun 2022

!Cheers Kilo<3s

Owned Faturator
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... faturator/
https://kilohearts.com/products/faturator#top

Was so tempted to pull the trigger on phaseplant but i have enough synths to last me.. time to use what i already have!
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Steedus
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2022

ooof downloading all these without the companion app is just effing painful .. I know they need all the incentives they can get for R+ but they've just got to give us a better option for managing REs.

jam-s

15 Jun 2022

Steedus wrote:
15 Jun 2022
ooof downloading all these without the companion app is just effing painful .. I know they need all the incentives they can get for R+ but they've just got to give us a better option for managing REs.
I simply clicked on "sync all" on the website and a about a minute later all of those nice gifts were ready to use.

DJMaytag

15 Jun 2022

jam-s wrote:
15 Jun 2022
I simply clicked on "sync all" on the website and a about a minute later all of those nice gifts were ready to use.
That downloads EVERYTHING in your account though. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has deleted things that are no longer being used, if only to clear some of the clutter in your devices list.

Mattvank

15 Jun 2022

Very cool to have ,,One´´ in the rack too. I am excited what kilohearts can do now when they have the focus on phaseplant. Maybe ,,Clap´´ is the next big thing.

Anyway, thanks KH!

challism

15 Jun 2022

Loque wrote:
15 Jun 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
15 Jun 2022
Idd. Or a Combi2 challenge.
ooooh! I like the idea of a Combi2 challenge!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MuttReason

15 Jun 2022

Eski wrote:
14 Jun 2022
Kilohearts are spreading the love!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... earts%20AB
That's amazingly generous of you - many thanks!

challism

15 Jun 2022

Definitely something wrong with the Reason Shop's "Popular Now" selection. I took a snapshot of it on the first day of this Kilohearts giveaway.
popular14.JPG
popular14.JPG (58.77 KiB) Viewed 3477 times
And took another snapshot of it today.
popular16.JPG
popular16.JPG (54.2 KiB) Viewed 3477 times
I would be really surprised if the Kilohearts products aren't the most popular REs moving through the RS shop the past 2 days. I mean, we all pretty much know that Kilohearts should be taking up all four spots on this "Popular Now" section, right?

orthodox
RE Developer

15 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
15 Jun 2022
I would be really surprised if the Kilohearts products aren't the most popular REs moving through the RS shop the past 2 days. I mean, we all pretty much know that Kilohearts should be taking up all four spots on this "Popular Now" section, right?
"Popular" may not include free ones. And "featured" items commonly get preference in such lists, they take the whole podium.

challism

15 Jun 2022

orthodox wrote:
15 Jun 2022
challism wrote:
15 Jun 2022
"Popular" may not include free ones. And "featured" items commonly get preference in such lists, they take the whole podium.
I think I remember seeing free items listed in the popular section; not 100% sure, though. It seems that a license that goes through the shopping cart checkout process would be subject to the same ranking treatment by the website backend algorithms, no? But what do I know?

Loque

15 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
15 Jun 2022
orthodox wrote:
15 Jun 2022

I think I remember seeing free items listed in the popular section; not 100% sure, though. It seems that a license that goes through the shopping cart checkout process would be subject to the same ranking treatment by the website backend algorithms, no? But what do I know?
I was watching the popular too. It is weird, that if someone gaves away a big bunch of great RE just for free, that they won't popup there. From customer perspective i would say "wtf, RS? :? "
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

15 Jun 2022

Loque wrote:
15 Jun 2022
challism wrote:
15 Jun 2022

I was watching the popular too. It is weird, that if someone gaves away a big bunch of great RE just for free, that they won't popup there. From customer perspective i would say "wtf, RS? :? "
It's almost as if they control the shop and want us to focus on their own products. Weird, huh? (Not really... :twisted: )

And in a similar vein, this week Kate Bush is set to have a number one because the chart compilers have waived a rule relating to older songs, but only for her.

• Information