right click cv automation

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Fusion

14 Jun 2022

Ability to control more controls via Cv would be great. Am thinking I could right click the control (like how automation is done) and then auto patch to the where I would like the cable to go.

Echo is a good example where I would like to be able to control the feedback, wet/dry etc via cv control.

huggermugger

14 Jun 2022

We have access to almost every control in almost every RE by using a Combinator or by putting the device inside the Insert section. Not as convenient as simply right-clicking, but the control is definitely there.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 10.13.33 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 10.13.33 AM.jpg (335.56 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
Last edited by huggermugger on 15 Jun 2022, edited 2 times in total.

Fusion

14 Jun 2022

Thanks for that workaround. I did not know that was possible. Seems my requests are teaching me. Still think it would be a useful feature.

moofi

14 Jun 2022

Well, the downside would be, if you want multiple cables going in or out how would you choose what cable to select? A dropdownmenue, a selection wheel?
That extra amount of at least some sort of menue/selection diving would lessen the workfeel when patching with cables here. Then the visual routing isn´t as apparent anymore because the clustering of cable trunks would be even more cluttering Not that it couldn´t be implemented anyway because you can always choose to connect merely one cable and work the way it is already possible now. :-)
Fusion wrote:
14 Jun 2022
Thanks for that workaround. I did not know that was possible. Seems my requests are teaching me. Still think it would be a useful feature.

huggermugger

15 Jun 2022

Fusion wrote:
14 Jun 2022
There is a right click option on the BACK of the Rack. Each jack, CV or audio, can be right clicked and a list of possible sources or destinations appears. This can make patching easier, esp when you've got a large setup and can't see the jack you want to patch into. But of course, it only applies to parameters that have dedicated jacks on the back. In most devices, esp instruments, the majority of parameters do not.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 9.53.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 9.53.28 AM.png (702.88 KiB) Viewed 1104 times

huggermugger

15 Jun 2022

moofi wrote:
14 Jun 2022
Well, the downside would be, if you want multiple cables going in or out how would you choose what cable to select? A dropdownmenue, a selection wheel?
That extra amount of at least some sort of menue/selection diving would lessen the workfeel when patching with cables here. Then the visual routing isn´t as apparent anymore because the clustering of cable trunks would be even more cluttering Not that it couldn´t be implemented anyway because you can always choose to connect merely one cable and work the way it is already possible now. :-)
On the back, they use a dropdown menu with submenus for each device. It works quite well, and it's intelligent enough to know if the source/destination is CV or Audio.

moofi

15 Jun 2022

Ah, sry, for some reason I thought you were talking about multiple patchcables in one CV-Jack o.O :-D Now I got what you are talking abouit :-D

Regarding the dropdown menue I don´t really mind it in terms of being a dropdownmenue for instant connecting. Thing is, the projects here usually have so many devices in their that it sort of takes even longer finding the according connection in an at least seamingly ever continuing list :-D

An example I posted already in another thread:
Easy CV-Connect.jpg
Easy CV-Connect.jpg (444.74 KiB) Viewed 1073 times

huggermugger wrote:
15 Jun 2022
moofi wrote:
14 Jun 2022
On the back, they use a dropdown menu with submenus for each device. It works quite well, and it's intelligent enough to know if the source/destination is CV or Audio.

selig
RE Developer

16 Jun 2022

In R12 Combinators you can right click on a control and assign a knob - if you connect CV to that knob then you are effectively right clicking to assign CV to a knob on a device - is this what you’re asking for, or something else?
Selig Audio, LLC

huggermugger

16 Jun 2022

moofi wrote:
15 Jun 2022
Ah, sry, for some reason I thought you were talking about multiple patchcables in one CV-Jack o.O :-D Now I got what you are talking abouit :-D
Voltage Modular has a good system, a popup display of six jacks for virtually every jack in your patch. And it goes in both directions, multi outs and also merging multi ins.

Reason's Spiders are a pain in the ass.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 12.09.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 12.09.50 PM.png (612.69 KiB) Viewed 1046 times

• Information