New Re Transient Splitter by Quadelectra

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bes
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2022

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -splitter/

Transient Splitter accepts an input signal and splits the transients from the rest (body). Both the transients and the body of the input signal can be mixed in different levels or forwaded to an set of auxiliary connections for separate FX processing.
- Certified Reason expert

Bes
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2022

Transient Splitter is to transients, what Stereo Splitter is to … stereo channels! Our new Rack Extension accepts an input signal and splits its transients from the rest (body). Both the transients and the body of the input signal can be mixed in different levels, which produces a result very similar to that of a Transient Shaper,

-or-

You can connect the dedicated stereo auxiliary outputs, each to a different process chain and produce stunning results; ie drum beats that sound huge, yet cut through the mix! There are limitless possibilities you can explore thanks to the modular nature of Reason.

Processing can be done in both mono and stereo, plus you have the option to link both channels for more consistent results.

Transient Splitter offers a set of controls to enable you to precisely extract the transients you’re looking for, from the material you’re working with. You can change the Pre-Process Gain for weak signals, tame the sensitivity, and control the recovery of the detection signal so that any further triggering will be suspended for a specific period.

What’s more, instead of envelope followers, Transient Splitter uses an Attack/Hold/Decay envelope, which produces more consistent and precise results. The Attack and Decay curves of the Envelope can also be changed, in order to match the kind of transients that you want to extract. Transients from rhythmic material can better benefit from a logarithmic, snappy decay curve, while on the other hand an exponential curve is more suitable for discreet results in instruments such as a piano or a plucked instrument.
- Certified Reason expert

ab459

10 Jun 2022

I'm love various transient related stuff, will interesting to test.
Here bug it seems - if set Body to minimum (not just mute), there is good audible some "ringing", independently from Detection\Envelope setting.
But, if first muting Body - there is no this artefact.

Win10\R11, use as RP in S1v4, default fx routing.

DJMaytag

13 Jun 2022

Huh. I’m generally not interested to RE dynamics processors, but this is exactly the type of device that is uniquely possible in the RE format with the CV I/O available. I’m not sure how easy this type of device could be utilized as a VST in a DAW that doesn’t have wiring & routing like Reason does.

Mataya

13 Jun 2022

I have sunder amplitude splitter, so I guess I'm fine without this one. https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -splitter/
But an interesting design and idea nevertheless.

tx
Mataya

DJMaytag

13 Jun 2022

Jut bought it, but haven’t installed it yet.

It should be able to be used as a transient shaper, right? Or do you only get the two split outs from the dedicated outputs?

Jac459

13 Jun 2022

I woke up this morning happy and with no need for a new RE.

And now this....

I hate reason talk... 🙃
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

moofi

14 Jun 2022

Yes, had that ringing aswell.
ab459 wrote:
10 Jun 2022
I'm love various transient related stuff, will interesting to test.
Here bug it seems - if set Body to minimum (not just mute), there is good audible some "ringing", independently from Detection\Envelope setting.
But, if first muting Body - there is no this artefact.

Win10\R11, use as RP in S1v4, default fx routing.

DJMaytag

14 Jun 2022

Also hearing that.

• Information