Roads MK1 Electric Piano update by Oenkenstein Audio released

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Oenkenstein
RE Developer

13 Jun 2022

The Roads MK1 Electric Piano Rack Extension got updated from version 1.3.4 to version 2.4.5.

- Added a second Rhodes MK1, the one from the studio.
- Added a Type switch, so you can toggle between the Stage (1965) or Studio (1975) Roads.

ShopFront.jpg
ShopFront.jpg (350.27 KiB) Viewed 615 times
ShopBack.jpg
ShopBack.jpg (308.36 KiB) Viewed 615 times

Roads MK1 Electric Piano is an emulation of a 73 keys Rhodes MK 1 Stage Piano from 1965 and a Rhodes MK 1 Stage Piano from 1975. This Rack Extension emulates the sound and the look of the original hardware.

• High quality Rhodes MK1 Stage piano emulations.
• Controls: Warm, Hammer, Boost and Volume. CV In.

This device is aimed for those who want to:
- Have an instrument for use in different genres (gospel, hip hop, soul, rock), but also wants to use a good emulation of the classic sound from the original Rhodes MK I Stage Pianos hardware.
- Have a small collection of instrument patches of the Roads MK1 Electric Piano. Most are build for the Stage type and are fully compatible with Roads MK I Electric Piano rack Extension version 1.0.

The Roads MK1 Electric Piano comes with some special effects patches which emulates the components of a Fender Twin Reverb amplifier.

Trademark disclaimer: All product names used are trademarks of their respective owners, and in no way constitutes an association or affiliation with Oenkenstein Audio or Reason Studios.

Trail or buy at the Reasonstudios webshop: https://reasonstudios.com/shop/rack-ext ... ric-piano/
The update is free for those who purchased version 1.3.4.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2022

Just updated, it is great! Thank you!

challism

13 Jun 2022

The MK1 has been updated to include a second source (studio and stage). I see you have also added a new Roads MK2 RE to the shop. What's the difference between MK1 (this one) and MK2 (new one)?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

14 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
13 Jun 2022
The MK1 has been updated to include a second source (studio and stage). I see you have also added a new Roads MK2 RE to the shop. What's the difference between MK1 (this one) and MK2 (new one)?
The sound and the amount of velocity layers of each Roads is different.

Roads Mk1 Electric Piano Stage mode has 2 velocity layers while the Studio mode:has 3. The Studio mode has more bottom and sounds 'warmer'.
Roads MK2 Stage Piano has 5 velocity layers and they can be mixed.

Also the Bass Boost is different on all three types..
The Roads MK1 Electric Piano Stage mode was recorded with the bass boost set in 'the middle' while the Studio mode was recorded with the bass boost set to maximum. Stage mode uses a different EQ setting compared to the Studio mode. Stage mode cuts and adds bass, while the bass boost on the Studio just cuts the bass frequencies.
The Roads MK2 was also recorded with the bass boost set to maximum.

Hammering the keys was recorded only for the Roads MK1 Electric Piano Stage mode, but the same samples were also used for the Studio mode and the Roads MK2.

And the regular price is different: Roads MK1 suffers from inflation and the price went up from Euro 32,00 to Euro 39,00. The update, however, is free. Roads MK2 costst Euro 32,00.

challism

14 Jun 2022

Thanks for the detailed reply, Ed. Might be a good idea to post that in the other MK2 thread. Should I go over there and post the same question so it looks like you are answering me?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

14 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
14 Jun 2022
Thanks for the detailed reply, Ed. Might be a good idea to post that in the other MK2 thread. Should I go over there and post the same question so it looks like you are answering me?
Thanks for the advice. I have just updated the post with the original announcement and added information about the different products. Thumbs up!

• Information