8 days...and Native Instruments can't help me. So I came here.

Discuss VST stuff here!
KevTav3000

12 Jun 2022

Hello everyone,

So after EIGHT days of back and forth with NI, and NO solution, I thought I would give this forum a try since there's always been good help here.

The following attachment is the error I am getting when trying to use Komplete Kontrol INSIDE Reason as a VST

1) My machine uses Windows 10
2) I have pretty much done everything NI says to do, explored all their help videos, etc
3) I even gave them the files from their "Support Tool", and they can't help
4) I've told them repeatedly that the STAND ALONE version of Komplete Kontrol works great. Reason just cannot seem to find the libraries or load them into the VST
5) Komplete Kontrol worked for 2 years for me with no problem

I told them that this all seems to be a Paths/Location issue, in my opinion. But they had no comment on it. This is all a mess.
And it is NOT Reason. Every single other thing works fine in Reason. All Plug Ins. Not one issue with my tons of other VSTs.

Anyway, long story short, does anyone have any possible theory why Komplete Kontrol works great in Stand-Alone, but Reason can't seem to FIND IT?

KOMPLETEKONTROL.PNG
KOMPLETEKONTROL.PNG (67.35 KiB) Viewed 935 times

michael.jaye

12 Jun 2022

I'm pretty sure I had the same problem.
Last edited by michael.jaye on 12 Jun 2022, edited 2 times in total.

michael.jaye

12 Jun 2022

I bought Komplete 13 last weekend, so I was installing Komplete Kontrol for the first time. I'm pretty sure I opened it in standalone, EDIT > PREFERENCES > LIBRARY > FACTORY and hit "RESCAN"
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-06-12 185013.png
Screenshot 2022-06-12 185013.png (272.86 KiB) Viewed 896 times

avasopht
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2022

Odd. I've never had any such issue, but ... ... ... do you have multiple versions of Komplete Kontrol installed?

I'd also want to know how/if your preferences shows anything different when launched Standalone or as a VST.

KevTav3000

12 Jun 2022

michael.jaye wrote:
12 Jun 2022
I bought Komplete 13 last weekend, so I was installing Komplete Kontrol for the first time. I'm pretty sure I opened it in standalone, EDIT > PREFERENCES > LIBRARY > FACTORY and hit "RESCAN"
I've "Rescanned" everything possibly 20 times, in stand-alone, in the VST. Both ways. Back and forth. It never worked.

KevTav3000

12 Jun 2022

avasopht wrote:
12 Jun 2022
Odd. I've never had any such issue, but ... ... ... do you have multiple versions of Komplete Kontrol installed?

I'd also want to know how/if your preferences shows anything different when launched Standalone or as a VST.
Nothing that I can think of except LOCATIONS. I can recheck again, but it's all pretty much the same. Basically what the Stand-Alone shows is gonna reflect when opened in VST. And as I said, my Stand-Alone works perfect.

KevTav3000

12 Jun 2022

I'm honestly at the point of wiping my entire C: Drive and starting all over. My D: & E: drives have the huge sound files & Libraries. C: is basically for Reason and Plug Ins and VSTs. But I haven't given my machine a good wipe in about 3 years, and I'm tempted. 9 Days and their Tech can't even figure this out.

And I use Komplete Kontrol for NI a LOT. Almost ALL my songs have an instance of NI.

This is bumming me out.

KevTav3000

12 Jun 2022

avasopht wrote:
12 Jun 2022

So I checked if there were differences.

This is my Stand Alone "Locations"
STANDALONE LOCATIONS.PNG
STANDALONE LOCATIONS.PNG (32.14 KiB) Viewed 813 times
This is my VST "Locations"
VST LOCATIONS.PNG
VST LOCATIONS.PNG (28.28 KiB) Viewed 813 times
Also, in my Stand Alone, I show Plug Ins in my "Manager"
STAND ALONE MANAGER.PNG
STAND ALONE MANAGER.PNG (27.96 KiB) Viewed 813 times
But NOTHING shows in my VST "Manager"

It's like Reason sees a different thing than the STAND ALONE. I know this is a locations/paths issue.

KevTav3000

12 Jun 2022

Sorry, file limit.

Here is my VST "Manager". Shows NOTHING in there, but the Stand Alone does.
VST MANAGER.PNG
VST MANAGER.PNG (13.91 KiB) Viewed 810 times
Maybe I have too many damn versions of VSTs in folders.??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

michael.jaye

12 Jun 2022

Uncheck "Always Use Latest Versions Of NI Plug-ins" and rescan

KevTav3000

12 Jun 2022

michael.jaye wrote:
12 Jun 2022
That just made all my instruments disappear now.

michael.jaye

12 Jun 2022

KevTav3000 wrote:
12 Jun 2022
michael.jaye wrote:
12 Jun 2022
I'm not sure if that's the step that fixed it for me, but I have it unchecked and it works for me.

Also, are you doing a Rescan in LIBRARY > FACTORY window? I think when you populate this window then your VSt's show up in the Plug-Ins tab after.

KevTav3000

12 Jun 2022

michael.jaye wrote:
12 Jun 2022
KevTav3000 wrote:
12 Jun 2022

I'm not sure if that's the step that fixed it for me, but I have it unchecked and it works for me.

Also, are you doing a Rescan in LIBRARY > FACTORY window? I think when you populate this window then your VSt's show up in the Plug-Ins tab after.
To be honest, I've literally done EVERYTHING thinkable 10 times in a row at this point.

I'm wiping my C: Drive right now. It's just time to start over fresh. If the Techs at NI can't tell me what is wrong after 10 damn days, I'm not gonna get this handled.

Thanks for the attempt though. :thumbs_up:

Fusion

14 Jun 2022

Have you tried this https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... plication-

I have just had to do this. Komplete was still showing Pigments Patches even though I removed it. All the usual fixes did not work , but this has solved my problem.

• Information