New (Free!) RE: Macro multi model synthesizer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
moofi

01 Jun 2022

Pretty pleasant track :-)
Now imagine that straight theme with some additional quirks on top :-D
TritoneAddiction wrote:
31 May 2022
modecca wrote:
29 May 2022
I think what draws tritone to music creation is composition and I am driven more by real time timbral manipulation.
Yeah I would say that's pretty accurate. Definitely look more at how each sound contributes in the context of things, rather than trying to make each sound super interesting. I guess that reflects in the way I make patches too. And that's probably why I typically don't like to use the too big sounding and overly complicated patches myself.

Hearing Bradley bringing up the topics of thread derailment and the Macro challenge again, I just remembered I actually did a Macro track some time around when I was playing with the Gforce stuff. I don't know if you heard it. It was up for a while, but I took it down after some time. Not sure how I feel about it, but for Bradleys sake I'll upload it temporarily. Better late then never right?

Here you go Bradley. This one's for you. My contribution to the Macro challenge.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2022

moofi wrote:
01 Jun 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
31 May 2022

Yeah I would say that's pretty accurate. Definitely look more at how each sound contributes in the context of things, rather than trying to make each sound super interesting. I guess that reflects in the way I make patches too. And that's probably why I typically don't like to use the too big sounding and overly complicated patches myself.

Hearing Bradley bringing up the topics of thread derailment and the Macro challenge again, I just remembered I actually did a Macro track some time around when I was playing with the Gforce stuff. I don't know if you heard it. It was up for a while, but I took it down after some time. Not sure how I feel about it, but for Bradleys sake I'll upload it temporarily. Better late then never right?

Here you go Bradley. This one's for you. My contribution to the Macro challenge.
Feel free to add some quirks if you want.

moofi

01 Jun 2022

I´m currently working on a project, saying I´m kinda busy. The challenge for the weekend is most likely going to be a freeriding experimental something.
Easier to create compared to laying out a complete song structure. Could do it at some point though :-)
TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Jun 2022
moofi wrote:
01 Jun 2022

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2022

moofi wrote:
01 Jun 2022
I´m currently working on a project, saying I´m kinda busy. The challenge for the weekend is most likely going to be a freeriding experimental something.
Easier to create compared to laying out a complete song structure. Could do it at some point though :-)
TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Jun 2022

Yes I understand completely. I have a list of musical project suggestions laying around. There's never a shortage of things to try out or work on.

moofi

01 Jun 2022

It´s a freelance project, saying I´m busy working, not dabbling in a private project, hence the lack of time :-)
TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Jun 2022
moofi wrote:
01 Jun 2022

Yes I understand completely. I have a list of musical project suggestions laying around. There's never a shortage of things to try out or work on.

moofi

06 Jun 2022

Well, I didn´t manage to do anything with Macro this weekend. Not forgotten. Possibly next one :-)

moofi

10 Jun 2022

Well, haven´t got to it yet and need to work most likely for the rest of the weekend. Did put together a testdrive track for Nostromo this morning though for some additional thread derailment :-) Sry, for double posting, yet felt like it would suit both places:

https://hearthis.at/moofi/nostromonous/

artmessiah

10 Jun 2022

moofi wrote:
10 Jun 2022
Well, haven´t got to it yet and need to work most likely for the rest of the weekend. Did put together a testdrive track for Nostromo this morning though for some additional thread derailment :-) Sry, for double posting, yet felt like it would suit both places:

Amazing track!

moofi

11 Jun 2022

Thank you :-)
artmessiah wrote:
10 Jun 2022
moofi wrote:
10 Jun 2022

Amazing track!

moofi

16 Jun 2022

No news on the Macro challenge here, still too busy, yet going on holiday next wednesday, so I can at least find possibilities then.

Iapetus 9

06 Dec 2022

Mutable Instruments just did a final update for Plaits with some interesting new sounds. Here's to hoping our very favorite Macro eventually gets the upgrade too.
38L > 51D every time.

Aosta

06 Dec 2022

Just revisited this little gem after reading this last post and got lost for an hour, absolutely beautiful RE, so simple yet so elegant.
Props to the dev :clap: :thumbup:
Tend the flame

Catblack

08 Dec 2022

Just updated my two modules! There's a lot of sounds in there.

I've been struggling with how to describe it. First, I find the new navigation scheme to be much better. My Plaits (clones) have been sitting around unracked because it just hasn't been my favorite module. So I pulled a larger module out and put them in side by side. Then flashed them, no problem.

Now there's this entire new bank of sounds. And three of the modes are banks of dx7 presets... there's a huge amount of sound. The arp thing in there is interesting. The String machine seemed to have a lot of sweet spots. I was turning a lot of knobs but not adding modulation, so I'm going to get on that today.

If the code gets officially released I'll be surprised. But if it makes it's way into the VCV Rack version, you all should play around with it. It's fun.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Iapetus 9

08 Dec 2022

Emilie just threw in another surprise for Plaits owners.

https://pichenettes.github.io/plaits-editor/

My hope is that Macro can grow along with the hardware.
38L > 51D every time.

muckmclane

15 Jan 2024

Macro Oscillators used:
speech synthesis
waveshaping
wavetable
harmonic osc
chords

Faastwalker

16 Jan 2024

muckmclane wrote:
15 Jan 2024
Macro Oscillators used:
speech synthesis
waveshaping
wavetable
harmonic osc
chords

Love this. And totally forgot about this RE :-/

Neglecting Reason devices whilst fooling around with modular.

Lost focus! Need to work to get it back. Just playing playing again these days.

Faastwalker Minus One!! :|

muckmclane

16 Jan 2024

Faastwalker wrote:
16 Jan 2024

Just playing playing again these days.

And totally forgot about this RE :-/
Real time knob tweaking is mostly what I been doing this month, it's just that
I don't have hardware so I have no choice but to fool around with modular inspired devices in reason. One of the things that put Macro front and center for me as of late, is a curiosity about what exact words were in its speech synthesis oscillator...

madmacman

18 Jan 2024

muckmclane wrote:
16 Jan 2024
One of the things that put Macro front and center for me as of late, is a curiosity about what exact words were in its speech synthesis oscillator...
https://github.com/pichenettes/eurorack ... h_words.cc

muckmclane

18 Jan 2024

madmacman wrote:
18 Jan 2024
muckmclane wrote:
16 Jan 2024
One of the things that put Macro front and center for me as of late, is a curiosity about what exact words were in its speech synthesis oscillator...
https://github.com/pichenettes/eurorack ... h_words.cc
Ty good sir there were a couple of words I missed/couldn’t understand.

• Information