Propellerheads PolyStep Sequencer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rcbuse
RE Developer

19 Jun 2019

Spryx wrote:
18 Jun 2019
I like this player, but it seems to be rather buggy when copying & pasting patterns (Sometimes doesn't work, even though scale changes).
Note lengths are also cut off in some situations.... Unless this is intended behavior, as it seems to be where the note handles are.
Note lengths are less than the total width by design. If you wish them to extend past the 'box' length, you can use legato.

The image you sent shows that you copied pattern 1 with variation II selected and then pasted pattern 1 with variation III selected. I suspect you actually want to copy and paste Variations, not patterns. A pattern contains Variation I-IV.

mon

19 Jun 2019

rcbuse wrote:
19 Jun 2019
Note lengths are less than the total width by design. If you wish them to extend past the 'box' length, you can use legato.

Thank you for the explanation :)
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

Spryx

19 Jun 2019

My apologies. Working perfectly. Thank you for the clarification.
rcbuse wrote:
19 Jun 2019
Spryx wrote:
18 Jun 2019
I like this player, but it seems to be rather buggy when copying & pasting patterns (Sometimes doesn't work, even though scale changes).
Note lengths are also cut off in some situations.... Unless this is intended behavior, as it seems to be where the note handles are.

The image you sent shows that you copied pattern 1 with variation II selected and then pasted pattern 1 with variation III selected. I suspect you actually want to copy and paste Variations, not patterns. A pattern contains Variation I-IV.
latest:

Eprom

23 Jun 2019

I've been playing with it for a few weeks now, but I can't find a use for it.
I could let my cat walk up and down my keyboard and get the same results. :|
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

BRIGGS

27 Jun 2019

Eprom wrote:
23 Jun 2019
Polystep is awesome! Give it more time.
r11s

antic604

27 Jun 2019

Eprom wrote:
23 Jun 2019
Well, not everyone has - or even wants to have - a cat, so there... ;)

altron

28 Jun 2019

The included presets are very limited and sound shit when not used with the right sound patches but I think PolyStep has creative potential. I'm waiting for a price drop. $69 is too much for it!
Trap is where music goes to die.

Re8et
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2020

I was trying to record a pattern into it, completed first 6 recording with all variations just perfect.
But on the 7t pattern, it would record just the first and a half variation, then no more recorded notes.
Has anyone experienced this? Also some strange random notes pop up for a tenth of a second before disapperaing once again on the matrix, leaving
the rest of the sequence just empty... I was running an arp variations with 2 octaves on the last disappering sequence recording.
All other were about the around 5-6 polyphony, with the latter might have added acouple more voices.
Doesn't look normal.

BRIGGS

23 Nov 2020

Re8et wrote:
21 Nov 2020
I was trying to record a pattern into it, completed first 6 recording with all variations just perfect.
But on the 7t pattern, it would record just the first and a half variation, then no more recorded notes.
Has anyone experienced this? Also some strange random notes pop up for a tenth of a second before disapperaing once again on the matrix, leaving
the rest of the sequence just empty... I was running an arp variations with 2 octaves on the last disappering sequence recording.
All other were about the around 5-6 polyphony, with the latter might have added acouple more voices.
Doesn't look normal.
Maybe you hit the memory allocation limit. IDK

I have had issues with the note properties window going black. Not fun. :(
r11s

Re8et
Competition Winner

25 Nov 2020

BRIGGS wrote:
23 Nov 2020
Re8et wrote:
21 Nov 2020
Doesn't look normal.

I meant notes, not voices. Yeah, def not fun.

BRIGGS

25 Nov 2020

Re8et wrote:
25 Nov 2020
BRIGGS wrote:
23 Nov 2020

I meant notes, not voices. Yeah, def not fun.
Polystep hasn't had and updates yet, so maybe it's due for some. I would put in a support ticket, if I could reproduce my problem.

Unfortunately my problem is too intermittent. :cry:
r11s

seqoi

29 Nov 2020

I would love dark skin in Polystep :)

demt

29 Nov 2020

Christ I've just read this entire thread. Nobody mentioned that unless you copy or half copy your not going to get that driving rythm techno famous for well somewon hinted that guitar has that problem as well .so what I want as a feature is bank after bank of presets that cover the main rhythmic dynamics of techno trance etc though I've got numerous beats rhythms myself it would b nice to feel validated let alone find sum I've missed as nobody's asked for this i sirjest you all have missed the boat and need to see a shrink etc etc etc read this post again and find what your striving for
I'm sorry about the way i put that but summits wrong big time n I'm high on crack.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Mataya

29 Nov 2020

demt wrote:
29 Nov 2020
Christ I've just read this entire thread. Nobody mentioned that unless you copy or half copy your not going to get that driving rythm techno famous for well somewon hinted that guitar has that problem as well .so what I want as a feature is bank after bank of presets that cover the main rhythmic dynamics of techno trance etc though I've got numerous beats rhythms myself it would b nice to feel validated let alone find sum I've missed as nobody's asked for this i sirjest you all have missed the boat and need to see a shrink etc etc etc read this post again and find what your striving for
I'm sorry about the way i put that but summits wrong big time n I'm high on crack.
What?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2020

Mataya wrote:
29 Nov 2020
demt wrote:
29 Nov 2020
What?
He said he's high on crack
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

29 Nov 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Nov 2020
Mataya wrote:
29 Nov 2020

What?
He said he's high on crack
Only thing I managed to understand.

He's lucky, I guess? Does crack make you feel good? Never tried it. Is that the one that makes you fearful? If it is, I don't want to try and take back the lucky comment.

motuscott

29 Nov 2020

No no, it's krocodil that makes you fearful. Crack makes everything great.
You know, temporarily...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

demt

29 Nov 2020

Back soon gone to get sum more
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

seqoi

02 Dec 2020

demt wrote:
29 Nov 2020
Back soon gone to get sum more
Hahaha I can't understand are you for real or not but I hope you are joking and it's funny, especially your previous post in this thread. :lol:

BRIGGS

22 Dec 2020

BRIGGS wrote:
25 Nov 2020

Polystep hasn't had and updates yet, so maybe it's due for some. I would put in a support ticket, if I could reproduce my problem.

Here's a screenshot of the issue:

note properties gone.jpg
note properties gone.jpg (63.29 KiB) Viewed 3553 times
r11s

DecafDreams

29 Dec 2020

BRIGGS wrote:
22 Dec 2020
BRIGGS wrote:
25 Nov 2020

note properties gone.jpg
Did you log this as a bug with Reason Studios? Sounds like there's an issue with the RE that needs to be addressed.

Lectric Panda / rcbuse may be able to chip in as from the back of the RE it shows they developed it for Propellerhead. Do we have an exact set of steps that reproduces the issue or is it hard to reproduce reliably?

BRIGGS

29 Dec 2020

DecafDreams wrote:
29 Dec 2020
BRIGGS wrote:
22 Dec 2020

note properties gone.jpg
Did you log this as a bug with Reason Studios? Sounds like there's an issue with the RE that needs to be addressed.

Lectric Panda / rcbuse may be able to chip in as from the back of the RE it shows they developed it for Propellerhead. Do we have an exact set of steps that reproduces the issue or is it hard to reproduce reliably?
I can't reproduce it. I just put in a support ticket.
r11s

honeyBadger

09 Jun 2022

Can Polystep sequencer tie a note to itself so it wraps around the end of the sequence? The RB sequences manual calls this out as a feature but I couldn’t find a similar reference for Polystep.

honeyBadger

09 Jun 2022

honeyBadger wrote:
09 Jun 2022
Can Polystep sequencer tie a note to itself so it wraps around the end of the sequence? The RB sequences manual calls this out as a feature but I couldn’t find a similar reference for Polystep.
Answering my own question, if legato is enabled and autoswitch is set to either 'Next' or 'I-II,III-IV' the note will tie to itself.

Mattvank

30 Jul 2022

BRIGGS wrote:
27 Jun 2019
Eprom wrote:
23 Jun 2019
Polystep is awesome! Give it more time.
I try and i try and i try. It´s allways frustrating when i try to write a melody on it.

• Information