A Final Version of Our Mastering Tool

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
Heigen5

31 May 2022

Maxout_ReaX_Mastering_V2_Screenshot.png
Maxout_ReaX_Mastering_V2_Screenshot.png (163.03 KiB) Viewed 2420 times

Hi, we did few fixes to this beast and also added a "brickwall mode" to this too. Also I changed the modular order for the stereo imager. (It's now the second topest in the chain).
The GUI was a bit tweaked too, as in the final version we wanted to have a bit different colors in the comparison compared to the first version.
I tried to get good first impressions settings good too to start with.

All the devices are stocks, except the ol' good Reaper's ReaXcomp VST, which you can grab for free here though: https://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/reaplugs ... nstall.exe

The combi2 file itself is this: http://www.reflexion-x.com/downloads/Ma ... ing_V2.cmb

Despondo
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2022

I suppose this is Windows only due to to the Reaper VST, but thanks for creating this.

dan_g

02 Jun 2022

looks great. will give it a try!

edit: it would be soooo so great to have different audio meter options available for C2.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Heigen5

02 Jun 2022

Despondo wrote:
01 Jun 2022
I suppose this is Windows only due to to the Reaper VST, but thanks for creating this.
Sorry, yeah I can only make VST-based effects as I'm on Windows only.
dan_g wrote:
02 Jun 2022
looks great. will give it a try!

edit: it would be soooo so great to have different audio meter options available for C2.
Hello, what kind of audio meters for C2, just curious?

dan_g

07 Jun 2022

Heigen5 wrote:
02 Jun 2022

for the example to show the levels of the different frequency bands or show gain reduction of a compressor. could also be some sort of numeric display like in seligs gain. i know it would be not the easiest too implement for sure but it would be really great to have a visual representation of what is going on.
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

Heigen5

09 Jun 2022

dan_g wrote:
07 Jun 2022
Heigen5 wrote:
02 Jun 2022

for the example to show the levels of the different frequency bands or show gain reduction of a compressor. could also be some sort of numeric display like in seligs gain. i know it would be not the easiest too implement for sure but it would be really great to have a visual representation of what is going on.
Yeah, I actually suggested this right after the C2 came out. I think it would be pretty easy to implement too, i.e. we'd just plug a metering device into a certain place in the chain and link it to the frontside.

dan_g

09 Jun 2022

ah so you mean some sort of passive audio thru device to tap the signal especially for C2 use? how would that work for Gain reduction of a compressor?

Heigen5

09 Jun 2022

dan_g wrote:
09 Jun 2022
ah so you mean some sort of passive audio thru device to tap the signal especially for C2 use? how would that work for Gain reduction of a compressor?
I guess it would just work like any stock or the REs would do. The metering device would just analyze the signal and then send the data to the frontside. I think for a compressor you'd just meter the db signal before and then also afterwards the compressors. So we'd need two devices that interact together then.

selig
RE Developer

09 Jun 2022

Heigen5 wrote:
09 Jun 2022
dan_g wrote:
09 Jun 2022
I guess it would just work like any stock or the REs would do. The metering device would just analyze the signal and then send the data to the frontside. I think for a compressor you'd just meter the db signal before and then also afterwards the compressors. So we'd need two devices that interact together then.
Or just take the gain reduction CV as an input - meters won’t be at audio rate anyway so why not! Also, audio meters need to be converted to unipolar signals, so that would need to be accounted for too.
If RS would allow importing our own filmstrips we could build just about any knob/switch/fader OR meter possible!
Selig Audio, LLC

Heigen5

09 Jun 2022

selig wrote:
09 Jun 2022
Heigen5 wrote:
09 Jun 2022

If RS would allow importing our own filmstrips we could build just about any knob/switch/fader OR meter possible!
Oh yeah, that would be cool indeed!

• Information