How to do this control?

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
johnghadimi

07 Jun 2022

Trying to figure out the most elegant way of achieving this in the Combinator 2:

I have a button, that has four states. A OFF state, and 3 states to select different settings. What is the best way to visualize this in Combinator 2? I'm "re-skinning" an existing VST. Thanks for any suggestions.

J.

honeyBadger

07 Jun 2022

There is no multi switch or stepped knobs, so a regular knob with markers in the backdrop showing the available values is one of your options.

As an example see the “type” knob in this echo combi: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7527258

johnghadimi

07 Jun 2022

Excellent idea!! And loving your backdrop design. :)
honeyBadger wrote:
07 Jun 2022
There is no multi switch or stepped knobs, so a regular knob with markers in the backdrop showing the available values is one of your options.

As an example see the “type” knob in this echo combi: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7527258

honeyBadger

07 Jun 2022

johnghadimi wrote:
07 Jun 2022
Excellent idea!! And loving your backdrop design. :)
honeyBadger wrote:
07 Jun 2022

Wish I could take credit but that’s forum member deeplink who came up with that and many other great backdrops.

• Information