Reason music player in the forum

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
Jagwah

30 Mar 2021

Just wondering how difficult it would be to implement something like this here, heard so much good music lately and it seems only a few people listen to each of the music forum submissions, it would be a lot easier if there was a streaming player that was easily accessible for users browsing the forum. I think it would be good for the community in various ways.

Any thoughts?

deeplink
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2021

Jagwah wrote:
30 Mar 2021
Just wondering how difficult it would be to implement something like this here, heard so much good music lately and it seems only a few people listen to each of the music forum submissions, it would be a lot easier if there was a streaming player that was easily accessible for users browsing the forum. I think it would be good for the community in various ways.

Any thoughts?
People use different platforms to upload their music, so I doubt there is one unified solution.

One solution would be perhaps ReasonTalk create a soundcloud page, and then add the SC links to a playlist - which could be embedded somewhere on the site.

I also know there is a Spotify Playlist of Reason producers, which gets posted every month to r/reasoners.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Jagwah

30 Mar 2021

deeplink wrote:
30 Mar 2021
Jagwah wrote:
30 Mar 2021

Any thoughts?
People use different platforms to upload their music, so I doubt there is one unified solution.

One solution would be perhaps ReasonTalk create a soundcloud page, and then add the SC links to a playlist - which could be embedded somewhere on the site.

I also know there is a Spotify Playlist of Reason producers, which gets posted every month to r/reasoners.
The idea would be users submit .wavs to the forum admins and they add it to the player.

This is the second mention of this Spotify playlist I have heard of I must check it out, I would still much rather something here people can listen to while browsing the forum, chances are they are doing it in silence most of the time. :o

Billy+

30 Mar 2021

Maybe a reason talk bot to curate the music thread for sound cloud links?

Or community soundcloud pro account like EELF - don't know how they are doing it but drabbit got me listening to lofi last year when he was streaming.

Would just need to be in a header or footer rather than a thread?

moofi

26 May 2022

F*CK SOUNDCLOUD ;-D
Billy+ wrote:
30 Mar 2021
Maybe a reason talk bot to curate the music thread for sound cloud links?

Or community soundcloud pro account like EELF - don't know how they are doing it but drabbit got me listening to lofi last year when he was streaming.

Would just need to be in a header or footer rather than a thread?

Jagwah

06 Jun 2022

Just wish we could have an audio streamer streaming members tunes, it would be so useful here :(

Mattvank

07 Jun 2022

I don´t know if it possible, but a reasonfileplayer based on Reasonintro could be a solution. Samples would be still a problem of course.

PhillipOrdonez

07 Jun 2022

Too complicated, having to send waves (not everyone is going to be comfortable just sharing their work like that) and the mods having to deal with the files, not to mention the storage space it would require, who is going to pay for it and why should they? It would be easier to embed a playlist from SoundCloud or Spotify, which comes with its own set of issues, like how do you keep it playing when you go to different threads? It would have to be a pop up, and everyone hates pop ups. Plus somebody has to maintain the playlist and you have to submit and somebody has to approve or whatever. And like, I'm not on Reddit, so how can my tracks be in that playlist you mentioned without me having to create an account there?

Nah, but definitely your idea of a integrated player with manual wav file upload to the mods is a terrible terrible idea. 😂

🤷‍♂️

• Information