I'm a new user ...

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Hobi72

02 Jun 2022

Hi all,
I’m new on this site. I’m french, « google traduction" will help me ...
I use Reason since several years, now I use the version 11 suite, with extensions and plugins.
I make my own compositions, and I make also covers (Kraftwerk, Depech Mode, Dua Lipa, ..) I create arrangements on acapellas that I find on the site looperman for example. Sometimes I remix compositions of others musicians when I think the sound is not very good.
Here I present you a recent work of arrangement created on an acapella from a russian songstress (made before the war ...).

More old, with the magical voice of a french songstress :

A personnal composition :

And a my cover of « Enjoy the silence » from DM.

That’s all for today, may be too much ...
Last edited by Hobi72 on 16 Jun 2022, edited 1 time in total.

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2022

Nice work.

Putting my 20 years of Reason to shame with your real sounding music ;)

Sounds a lot like the sort of music I heard growing up (I'm from the mid 80s) ... and the second one reminded me of an early Evanescence track (before their debut album).

Hobi72

03 Jun 2022

Thank you.
I like the 80's !

Jac459

03 Jun 2022

Very good sound. I see your 80s vibe 😊😊.
Your DM cover is awesome by the way...

(and you aren't the only French here 🤭)
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Hobi72

16 Jun 2022

Thank you.

Uman's

17 Jun 2022

Hi Brother Yves. ;)

A t'écouter, ça me rappelle très bien ce que tu faisais quand on s'est connu sur Reason-France.

J'aimais ton coté très 80's et ton talent à orchestrer les voix telles que celles de Looperman.

Je reste très réservé sur tout ce qui peut-être de la reprise ou ce qui n'est pas complètement original.
Dans le sens ou je n'ais évidemment pas la même recherche musicale, j'aime tout fabriquer de A à Z.
Inventer mes sons à chaque morceau, chercher des styles qui me sont propres et sans
autre référence que la mienne. C'est bancale et je suis loin d'avoir épuré ce dans quoi je suis parti.
Cela me prendra surement des siècles à faire quelque chose de parfaitement audible.

Tu me comprendras alors quand je t'avoue que je préfère nettement ce que tu as fait sur ce troisième morceau.
Nommé "Le capitole". Pour moi, c'est là que je trouve toute ta matière grise et que je kiffe ce que tu as fait.

A propos de la revue de DM, je trouve que ça sonne un peu trop "midi files".
Je pense que tu aurais pu faire autre chose que de reprendre texto les sonorités et le timing original.

Ne prends pas mes mots pour de la critique, c'est aussi une réflexion que je me dicte à moi même.
J'ai maintenant hâte d'entendre tout ce que tu auras composé intégralement depuis une page blanche.
C'est sans doute du travail, mais je sais que tu es capable de te lancer intégralement.

Très heureux de te retrouver. A bientôt camarade !

///////////

Listening to you, it reminds me very well of what you were doing when we met on Reason-France. (long time ago)
I liked your very 80's side and your talent to orchestrate voices such as those of Looperman.

I remain very reserved on anything that might be a cover version or anything that isn't completely original.
In the sense that I obviously don't have the same musical research, I like to make everything from A to Z.
Inventing my sounds for each piece, looking for styles that are unique to me and without
other reference than mine. It's wonky and I'm far from having refined what I started with.
It will probably take me centuries to make something perfectly audible.

You will understand me then when I admit that I much prefer what you did on this third piece.
Named "The Capitol". For me, that's where I find all your gray matter and where I love what you've done.

About the DM review, I think it sounds a bit too "midi files".
I think you could have done something other than texting back the original sounds and timing.

Do not take my words for criticism, it is also a reflection that I dictate to myself.
I now look forward to hearing everything you have composed entirely from a blank page.
It is undoubtedly work, but I know that you are able to throw yourself completely.

Very happy to meet you again here. See you soon mate!
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

Hobi72

18 Jun 2022

Salut Manu,

Merci pour tes retours.
ces 4 morceaux illustrent mes différentes façons de travailler.
- partir d'une page blanche. Le moins facile, surtout aujourd"hui ...
- partir d'un acapella pour créer des arrangements dessus. Sécurisant.
- partir d'un acapella d'un morceau existant voire connu et poser des arrangements différents. J'ai un projet en cours sur ce principe.
- Faire une reprise plus ou moins à l'identique, éventuellment à partir d'un fichier midi, sachant qu'il ya pas mal de boulot en aval.
je trouve ces 4 approches intéressantes, sachant que j'attache une grande importance à la qualité sonore, mixage, mastering etc ...
Sinon pour DM je suis parti d'un fichier midi, ce qui ne justifie qu'en partie le ressenti que tu as, car tu le sais le midi ce ne sont que des notes et quelques paramétrages du son, applicables aux sons que l'on choisit.
Aucun souci pour tes ressentis et avis, on est là pour échanger.

Hi Manu,

Thanks for your feedback.
these 4 pieces illustrate my different ways of working.
- from a blank page. The least easy, especially today...
- from an acapella to create arrangements on it. Reassuring.
- start from an acapella of an existing or even known piece and put different arrangements. I have a project in progress on this principle.
- Make a recovery more or less identical, possibly from a midi file, knowing that there is a lot of work downstream.
I find these 4 approaches interesting, knowing that I attach great importance to sound quality, mixing, mastering etc ...
Otherwise for DM I started from a midi file, which only partly justifies the feeling you have, because you know that midi is only notes and some sound settings, applicable to the sounds that the we choose.
No worries about your feelings and opinions, we are here to discuss.

• Information