VPS Avenger performance issues

Discuss VST stuff here!
Tyblu

02 Jun 2022

Hi there,

I recently took advantage of PB's 50% discount on VPS Avenger. However, I'm having quite a few performance issues with it when I load it into Reason. I'm getting the occasional CPU spikes but mainly I'm suffering with pops, stutters, clicks etc.

This appears to be a host issue as I can load the synth into Ableton Live and it appears to work flawlessly in there. Comparing the same patch (for instance, PD Everest) plays beautifully in Live but in Reason I get the problems mentioned above. This is also the first VST synth I've had trouble with in Reason, I also own Diva, Serum and they work fine.

Has anyone experienced this before and know of a fix?

My specs are:-

Apple Mac mini (2020)
Processor: 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5
Memory: 32GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Intel UHD 630 1536MB
HD: 500GB Flash Storage
HP Elite Display E231

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Matt

Loque

02 Jun 2022

You may try different Multicore and Multithreading settings in Reason and Avenger. Also try a different Buffersetting in Reason.
Reason12, Win10

MattLeschuck

02 Jun 2022

Try turning off multi core threading if you haven’t yet. With that checked on my 2018 Mac mini 3.2ghz 6 core w/ 32gb of ram, certain synths with just basic patches will cause crackling in Reason, even with higher buffer settings. Once off the problem goes away.

Tyblu

02 Jun 2022

MattLeschuck wrote:
02 Jun 2022
Try turning off multi core threading if you haven’t yet. With that checked on my 2018 Mac mini 3.2ghz 6 core w/ 32gb of ram, certain synths with just basic patches will cause crackling in Reason, even with higher buffer settings. Once off the problem goes away.
I think turning off the multi core threading has done the trick... Thanks so much for that :D

• Information