New (Free!) RE: Macro multi model synthesizer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
muckmclane

01 Mar 2022

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Mar 2022

modecca wrote:
24 Feb 2022
Nice. Do you have reason file of this (with all the live tweaks like in the video)? I'm hearing a melody in my head over this progression I'd like to try out.
Only if you want to share it of course. :puf_smile:

modecca

01 Mar 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Mar 2022

Nice. Do you have reason file of this (with all the live tweaks like in the video)? I'm hearing a melody in my head over this progression I'd like to try out.
I didnt record the automation but I do still have the midi and a new suggested theme...
https://filetransfer.io/data-package/eLipo05b#link
🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Mar 2022

modecca wrote:
01 Mar 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Mar 2022

I didnt record the automation but I do still have the midi and a new suggested theme...
https://filetransfer.io/data-package/eLipo05b#link
Thanks. I'll play around with it and see where it takes me.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Mar 2022

modecca wrote:
24 Feb 2022
Put together this little bit based on the midi you sent me.

modecca

03 Mar 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Mar 2022

I see you found Mrs. Gillet’s hidden choir oscillator.
She told me in 2018, when I asked her about the rumored hidden “C” features (chorale fonctionnalités), that she was told by the local modular community in no uncertain terms, “that a chorale engine would be viewed as too ‘heureux’ and grounds for a boycottage.”
Seriously I am glad you were able to turn my humble little motif, into something so joyous, during some incredibly hard times.
🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2022

modecca wrote:
03 Mar 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Mar 2022

I see you found Mrs. Gillet’s hidden choir oscillator.
She told me in 2018, when I asked her about the rumored hidden “C” features (chorale fonctionnalités), that she was told by the local modular community in no uncertain terms, “that a chorale engine would be viewed as too ‘heureux’ and grounds for a boycottage.”
Seriously I am glad you were able to turn my humble little motif, into something so joyous, during some incredibly hard times.
Thanks. I've had both Jiggery Pokerys JPS Harmonic Synth and Champagne SuperNova Synth for quite some time, but I haven't used them nearly enough. Figured it was time to revisit them with this track. They both have some nice sonic qualities for sure. The only downside to the JPS Harmonic Synth is that it can be pretty damn heavy on the DSP meter.
I might extend my Teflon Island track, at least a little bit, maybe add another melody or something. We'll see. But if I do I'll take my time and not rush the process.

Anyway I won't deviate from this threads topic anymore, which is Macro. Sorry folks.

modecca

04 Mar 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Mar 2022

I might extend my Teflon Island track, at least a little bit, maybe add another melody or something.
Anyway I won't deviate from this threads topic anymore, which is Macro. Sorry folks.
🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2022

modecca wrote:
04 Mar 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Mar 2022

I might extend my Teflon Island track, at least a little bit, maybe add another melody or something.
Well I would hate to upset or disappoint Bradley of course. But I wouldn't dare to make him any promises I can't keep. We'll just have to wait and see if I participate in this "Challenge of a lifetime". :lol:

modecca

04 Mar 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Mar 2022
We'll just have to wait and see if I participate in this "Challenge of a lifetime". :lol:
🔗💥

Sorped

05 Mar 2022

Thank you for this amazing gift!

Quick question - how can I automate the LPG/ENV switch? It's greyed out when right-clicking and I can't seem to find it in the combinator either?
Thank you
Alio Modo: SoundCloud
-----------
Born to lose, live to win.
Don't forget to back up your projects! :thumbs_up:

modecca

20 Mar 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Mar 2022
Well I would hate to upset or disappoint Bradley of course.
[/quote]

🔗💥

rorystorm

20 Mar 2022

I posted this the other day - short album I just made only using Macro for the synth parts

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7527364

DJMaytag

28 May 2022

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_mini_b1ac.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_mini_b1ac.jpg (35.64 KiB) Viewed 3784 times
I'm working on programming a Combinator patch for a pair of Macros in the Combi, when I ran across this as I was assigning parameters to the knobs. Any chance these parameters be renamed so as to avoid confusion? I would think it should be:

Vel To Amplitude
Vel To Generator B
Vel To Generator C
ENV To Generator A
ENV To Generator B
ENV To Generator C
MW/PB To Generator A

DJMaytag

28 May 2022

Also not in the parameter list, unless I'm missing it: LPG/ENV switch

AbstractReceptionist

28 May 2022

Hi. My first post here. But I thought I would say thanks for mentioning this. Really handy little synth. Downloaded just now and plating with it :cool:
....HeLlO HoW Can 👁️ HeLP YOu❔

moofi

29 May 2022

Not to diss Tritone´s track, I simply very much prefer your original. It´s the quirky magicness making it unique beyond the progression. So much to discover. It´s where the modular character shines through.
modecca wrote:
03 Mar 2022
[...]

modecca

29 May 2022

moofi wrote:
29 May 2022
Not to diss Tritone´s track, I simply very much prefer your original. It´s the quirky magicness making it unique beyond the progression. So much to discover. It´s where the modular character shines through.
modecca wrote:
03 Mar 2022
[...]
I think what draws tritone to music creation is composition and I am driven more by real time timbral manipulation.
So I think his more refined music makes for some perfect samples, I can throw back into the real time manipulation scheme.
My vote is for Clouds next.

🔗💥

moofi

29 May 2022

Yes, I know what you are saying, then I like combining both worlds most :-)

Got Clouds in a modular, very pleasant device. Been the main effect here: https://hearthis.at/moofi/frozen-clouds/

modecca wrote:
29 May 2022
moofi wrote:
29 May 2022

I think what draws tritone to music creation is composition and I am driven more by real time timbral manipulation.
So I think his more refined music makes for some perfect samples, I can throw back into the real time manipulation scheme.
My vote is for Clouds next.

modecca

29 May 2022

moofi wrote:
29 May 2022

Got Clouds in a modular, very pleasant device. Been the main effect here: https://hearthis.at/moofi/frozen-clouds/
🔗💥

moofi

30 May 2022

Very well done :clap: :thumbs_up: Got some pretty pleasant textures out of it. Like the title aswell :-D Only thing I´m wondering, why only 3 1/2 minutes? :-D

In case you would like to mangle or whatsoever additional "tracks", similar, yet different and haven´t heard them yet:

https://hearthis.at/moofi/night-slicer/

https://hearthis.at/moofi/noctum/

Aswell a "light"-track done with clouds potentially soothing Bradley (consisting of several recordings overlapping and layered):

https://hearthis.at/moofi/flownthrough-clouds/

An additional one for Bradley, though no Clouds involved:

https://hearthis.at/moofi/gnomes/

modecca wrote:
29 May 2022
moofi wrote:
29 May 2022

modecca

30 May 2022

moofi wrote:
30 May 2022

Aswell a "light"-track done with clouds potentially soothing Bradley (consisting of several recordings overlapping and layered):
🔗💥

moofi

31 May 2022

Haha, challenge accepted. Currently working, so I won´t really find time till the weekend. Then I´ll happily wiggle Macro :-)

And yes, I even bought a freebie instead of trialing it :-D

Here is the initial testdrive from when it was being released. Nothing experimental soundwise, simply an ambient melody dabbling along:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... WIP_04.mp3

Btw if you and Bradley like you could join the Discord server for deeper collaboration explorations :-D

https://discord.gg/JR62jGW9

modecca wrote:
30 May 2022
moofi wrote:
30 May 2022

moofi

31 May 2022

Meanwhile in BRAIDS-land using its formant + vowel mode, haven´t got its succesor Plates (Macro) as a modul:

https://hearthis.at/moofi/dr-kreep/

P.S.: Caution, Bradley could be a little scared.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

31 May 2022

modecca wrote:
29 May 2022
Yeah I would say that's pretty accurate. Definitely look more at how each sound contributes in the context of things, rather than trying to make each sound super interesting. I guess that reflects in the way I make patches too. And that's probably why I typically don't like to use the too big sounding and overly complicated patches myself.

Hearing Bradley bringing up the topics of thread derailment and the Macro challenge again, I just remembered I actually did a Macro track some time around when I was playing with the Gforce stuff. I don't know if you heard it. It was up for a while, but I took it down after some time. Not sure how I feel about it, but for Bradleys sake I'll upload it temporarily. Better late then never right?

Here you go Bradley. This one's for you. My contribution to the Macro challenge.

• Information