PhasePlant 2.0 beta preview

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

28 Jun 2021

There might be coming a few improvements. A granular generator will follower later. A few new snapins will come later.

Also updates to Snapheap and Multipassing are coming.

The FX and utilites in PP:
snapins.jpg
snapins.jpg (27.47 KiB) Viewed 3924 times

Snapheap modulators:
mods.jpg
mods.jpg (10.51 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
Reason12, Win10

slic

28 Jun 2021

I like Kilohearts (I have Ultimate) but this update looks very weak, none of the most frequently requested features seem to have been included, ...they just seem to have laid the menus out differently and added MPE!

I will be very disappointed if this is all there is to the the long awaited V2, but hopefuly this is just an early preview/snapshot- I hope they incorporate some of below,

Dedicated sequencing/arp (not just the LFO tools) - I cant believe a 'super synth' doesn't have this!
Modulator naming/grouping (same as generators)
Modulation overview page/view
Separate modulation destinations for 'semi' and 'cents'
Slower rise times on modulators (or perhaps a function generator?)
Quantiser (great after LFO's etc for making things musical)

More reverb types? (convolution, spring etc) given KH is sold on 'fx' the reverb is very basic and juts 'OK'

Loque

28 Jun 2021

slic wrote:
28 Jun 2021
I like Kilohearts (I have Ultimate) but this update looks very weak, none of the most frequently requested features seem to have been included, ...they just seem to have laid the menus out differently and added MPE!

I will be very disappointed if this is all there is to the the long awaited V2, but hopefuly this is just an early preview/snapshot- I hope they incorporate some of below,

Dedicated sequencing/arp (not just the LFO tools) - I cant believe a 'super synth' doesn't have this!
Modulator naming/grouping (same as generators)
Modulation overview page/view
Separate modulation destinations for 'semi' and 'cents'
Slower rise times on modulators (or perhaps a function generator?)
Quantiser (great after LFO's etc for making things musical)

More reverb types? (convolution, spring etc) given KH is sold on 'fx' the reverb is very basic and juts 'OK'
You now can "group" everywhere and name it.
The LFO now can go down to 0Hz and they added a mapping.
Also the screenshot show a few other tools, like audio follower and stuff.

AFAIU this is a 2.0 update because of the architectural changes in PP, Snapheap and so on. Later they want to add at least a free update with a granular engine.

Not sure what ppl expect of a update, but i expect Kilohearts having some generous offers and vouchers. They often give you a 20-30€ voucher per month if you bought something in the last month...

Regarding your other points, i expect a Convolution Reverb coming at some point as a snapin. As you can see, there is a "Convolver" in the beta shown.

Personally i am interested into the Vocoder thing. Could be interesting to combine it with Pitch Detection module.
Reason12, Win10

slic

28 Jun 2021

Now watches video! :thumbup:
Last edited by slic on 28 Jun 2021, edited 1 time in total.

slic

28 Jun 2021

Loque wrote:
28 Jun 2021

You now can "group" everywhere and name it.

The LFO now can go down to 0Hz and they added a mapping.

Ahh, I hadn't watched the video (its soooo long!) but they must have listened to my user requests ;-)
Missed the ' "Convolver" thing as well- . Hopefully that means a convolution reverb will come at some point, I don't even mind paying for that (all the free offers are wasted on me as I have everything they make!)

Popey
Competition Winner

14 May 2022

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but apparently v2 will be out on the 19th May. Unsure if it's paid update or not but some people have suggested it will be free(fingers crossed).

danc

19 May 2022

Popey wrote:
14 May 2022
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but apparently v2 will be out on the 19th May. Unsure if it's paid update or not but some people have suggested it will be free(fingers crossed).
V2 has NOW been launched.... and there are some really interesting and useful modulations... especially the wavetable LFOs, allowing you to morph LFO's in real-time. Eight external automation sources weren't enough for some people... now there is 64. Other highlights include MPE support.

Tasty!

Check it out...
https://kilohearts.com/blog/kilohearts-v2-is-here
Check my Soundcloud:

Popey
Competition Winner

19 May 2022

Very nice indeed and bonus to see it is free to v1 users

Loque

19 May 2022

Excellent!

Pitch Tracker and Envelope Follower for modulation! Great for samples and stuff.

0Hz LFOs!

A bunch of other improvements.

I mean, after 20 years REason still has no build in Pitch Tracker for modulation...

Guess my WE is done now :-)
Reason12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

19 May 2022

Spent a hour or so testing this and this update is quality.

Drawing in modulation/sequences with the curve modulator is a joy and all the modulation options work so well. Looking forward to having more time making patches tomorrow.

Loque

28 May 2022

Now i had some time to play around with Phase Plant 2. It feels pretty complete now. And if you think you need to do this and that for your sound, you just can do it...Its pretty awsome.

Where Reason always has workarounds and limitations, Phase Plant is just limitless.

There is just one drawback, that some simple tasks need some somersaults to get the results, where other synths just have one knob/button/slider for it.
Reason12, Win10

Aosta

28 May 2022

Tend the flame

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Apr 2023

Granular added now 😊

dvdrtldg

05 Apr 2023

Holy shit, that granular generator looks amazing

Would be great if you could program your own chords in Chord mode

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
05 Apr 2023
Holy shit, that granular generator looks amazing

Would be great if you could program your own chords in Chord mode
Yeah I am definitely looking forward to trying it after work today.

Your idea about programming chords would be ace so I have told them about it. Perhaps it may be something they progress.

ltbrunt00

14 Apr 2023

I read all this talk about phaseplant, will check it out.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Loque

14 Apr 2023

ltbrunt00 wrote:
14 Apr 2023
I read all this talk about PhasePlant, Was bored the other day. Downloaded the trial, after a few minutes my mind was blown. I purchased it shortly after. I can see a religion forming around this synth.
Well, i never thought about a religion, but agree, that it is a very "open" synth, especially if you own a few of their snapins.

Only thing i miss, and they think about how to implement it, is having feedback loops in fx and hopefully from fx to the oscilators...

And you get very good fx for free on top, even as RE.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

14 Apr 2023

ltbrunt00 wrote:
14 Apr 2023
I read all this talk about phaseplant, will check it out.
Too late for correction, i quoted you...
Reason12, Win10

• Information