Soundwide Offer (Free Plugin Alliance, Izotope VST plugins)

Discuss VST stuff here!
MarkTarlton

27 May 2022

One thing that helps me from buying stuff is I ask myself the question, is this something I have been needing for my work, or is it going to help me achieve results better or faster? I used to buy a ton of stuff and found it never ends, always wanting the next new toy, lots of purchases collecting digital dust, spending more time consuming than producing.

I know you have a ton of stuff, just like me, ha! One thing I do a lot is instead of researching gear to buy, I try and learn more techniques with my current tools, and learn them inside and out. Maybe deep diving on some tutorials about music production, theory, songwriting tips, stuff you know you can work on because at the end of the day the tools we use don't mean much to me if I don't have any ideas or music to show for.

Being on this forum is a slippery slope reading about everyone's gear lust, I fall prey to it all the time too, spending less time on here and more time on music is way more fun in my opinion...don't hate me, just giving my 2 cents.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 May 2022

MarkTarlton wrote:
27 May 2022
One thing that helps me from buying stuff is I ask myself the question, is this something I have been needing for my work, or is it going to help me achieve results better or faster? I used to buy a ton of stuff and found it never ends, always wanting the next new toy, lots of purchases collecting digital dust, spending more time consuming than producing.

I know you have a ton of stuff, just like me, ha! One thing I do a lot is instead of researching gear to buy, I try and learn more techniques with my current tools, and learn them inside and out. Maybe deep diving on some tutorials about music production, theory, songwriting tips, stuff you know you can work on because at the end of the day the tools we use don't mean much to me if I don't have any ideas or music to show for.

Being on this forum is a slippery slope reading about everyone's gear lust, I fall prey to it all the time too, spending less time on here and more time on music is way more fun in my opinion...don't hate me, just giving my 2 cents.
I don’t hate you :). Together we are strong.
Yeah I totally agree. And yes I do have a looooot of stuff. Last year or so where it comes to Plugins I do think a lot more than I did before. No instant buys. Like I said, I’ve got the IK thing as was amazed at what it does at the push of a button. The honest truth is I don’t do enough songs to warrant mastering stuff as even if it did sound great I wouldn’t be doing anything with them anyway. Hobbyist you know. It’s GAS. I know it but you know how strong the “what a bargain” Voice in your head can be. For €120 I could get a guitar pedal which I don’t need either but know I would get use out of. So there it is. Decision made. Don’t need it. Of course I don’t. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MarkTarlton

27 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
27 May 2022
MarkTarlton wrote:
27 May 2022

I don’t hate you :). Together we are strong.
Yeah I totally agree. And yes I do have a looooot of stuff. Last year or so where it comes to Plugins I do think a lot more than I did before. No instant buys. Like I said, I’ve got the IK thing as was amazed at what it does at the push of a button. The honest truth is I don’t do enough songs to warrant mastering stuff as even if it did sound great I wouldn’t be doing anything with them anyway. Hobbyist you know. It’s GAS. I know it but you know how strong the “what a bargain” Voice in your head can be. For €120 I could get a guitar pedal which I don’t need either but know I would get use out of. So there it is. Decision made. Don’t need it. Of course I don’t. :)
Good for you!

side note, I have way too many pedals myself and I am not even a guitarist, it's even harder to resist than plug ins!! :)

danc

27 May 2022

One thing that helped me lift my foot off the GAS is to take a listen to some of my older tracks... say a few years older, back when I had about a quarter the plugins I've currently got and ask "can I hear the difference?". The honest answer is ... "Yes, it does sound better... but to be honest, I think that has more to do with my production skills improving, not the fact that I've amassed tons of VSTs."

If you are GAS crazy because you like new toys... go for it... but improvements are more likely to be had with yourself, not the tools you use. Some of the best labourers I've ever met turn up with a hammer, pliers and a few screwdrivers. They get to know a handful of tools and perfect using them.
Last edited by danc on 27 May 2022, edited 1 time in total.
Check my Soundcloud:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 May 2022

As said…I’m crap at mixing and I can’t Master. I’ve got the Lurssen one knob thing. Drag in the wav, press a button and it’s done. I think Neutron is the same but for mixing.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 May 2022

Solved the problem. Installed the iZotope manager. Spent a good while trying to find my Essentials licenses and downloads. Finally found them...not in the Manager. Remembered why I didn't like the iZotope Manager. Installed Nektar Elements. Tried it. Sounded shite. Uninstalled everything. Saved myself $124.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

27 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
27 May 2022
Solved the problem. Installed the iZotope manager. Spent a good while trying to find my Essentials licenses and downloads. Finally found them...not in the Manager. Remembered why I didn't like the iZotope Manager. Installed Nektar Elements. Tried it. Sounded shite. Uninstalled everything. Saved myself $124.
:clap: control...I did not even look. Got too much stuff to learn now. You have won grasshopper ! You have passed the GAS test.
Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 12.09.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 12.09.38 PM.png (164.2 KiB) Viewed 658 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 May 2022

moneykube wrote:
27 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
27 May 2022
:clap: control...I did not even look. Got too much stuff to learn now. You have won grasshopper ! You have passed the GAS test.
Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 12.09.38 PM.png
❤️
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Steedus
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2022

Ended up going for Ozone Advanced. I demoed it and to test, tweaked up a short song using first the Essentials version, then the Advanced version. While the Essentials is a great cheap/free version, I definitely got a nicer result from the Advanced version even just using a few more modules and doing really simple tweaks. Worth the discounted Cross-grade price I think.

But what the heck! You also get every module as it's own VST too, so my device list is now filled with bloat.

moofi

15 Jun 2022

With 29 forever bascically any plugin alliance plugin is 29$ because you subscribe for one month for 29$ and get a voucher for an additional 1$ you can buy a perpetual license of any of their plugins with. Looking at it i´t´s actually 30 :-D
Anyway, saying, I wonder who they are still selling those VST for the regular price? Like from what I have understood you can have an arbitrary number of 29 forever subscriptions in parallel each granting a 1$ voucher per month. Any time cancable.
Just went for one month and got LISA for, well, 30$. It´s super CPU intense though, like taking up 41% of an i7 3770k :-D
Then it´s a mastering plugin and isn´t necessarily run along other intense effects.

• Information