Reason 12.2.6 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Steedus
Competition Winner

27 May 2022

Honestly I don't even notice the wider rack now though it was odd to see at launch. I still wish they'd updated the wood trim - that look's been around since 2009 - like in Ryan's reveal video (they used his real rack to superimpose the Reason Rack onto.)

https://cdm.link/app/uploads/2021/04/hi ... reason.jpg

orthodox
RE Developer

27 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
27 May 2022
orthodox wrote:
26 May 2022
Not fancy? Like soap? What you mean by this analogy?
What you expect of it vs what it actually does.
Ah, so it was an abstract cake.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 May 2022

orthodox wrote:
27 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
27 May 2022

What you expect of it vs what it actually does.
A cake of soap.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

27 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
27 May 2022
orthodox wrote:
27 May 2022

A cake of soap.
I wonder where the soap comes from. I can imagine it stuffed with bugs, and a lazy cook next to it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 May 2022

orthodox wrote:
27 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
27 May 2022

A cake of soap.
I wonder where the soap comes from. I can imagine it stuffed with bugs, and a lazy cook next to it.
It's made from a mixture of ash from a phoenix and a bottle of snake oil.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mimidancer

27 May 2022

I popped on here this morning to look for signs of VST3. I learned earlier this month that beta testers were not allowed to say what was being tested, That being said the constant bickering on here is disturbing. This in itself is noteworthy as I attended an all-female high school that is only rivaled in villainy by mos eisley. I really love reason 12. For sure there are things that I would add. There are things I would have done differently. As musicians, we all know there is always another way. If you have not bothered to sign up for reason+ or purchased reason 12, you have already made your statement. We hear you, but criticizing something you do not use is a little petty. Those who made the leap have a legitimate reason to post. But calling the developers incompetent is not helpful and makes reading here on this forum less than fun. We were told what the improvements were before we upgraded. AND the joy of reason + is getting things as they become ready. New features in tech are always susceptible to imperfection. This is true with most software. This company must balance business and the art of creation. At times business must come before art. So that the art may continue. For sure we should post about bugs and report them. but weaponizing imperfections and using them to attack the people that make the thing we all seem to care about is petty. Please keep in mind these developers are people. Treat them like people. Their 23 pairs of chromosomes should allow them this privilege. Sadly I was unable to ascertain the progress of VST3 as my attention entered the event horizon of spiraling negativity that infects this thread. Be well. Be kind and record something great today.

Jac459

27 May 2022

:clap:
mimidancer wrote:
27 May 2022
I popped on here this morning to look for signs of VST3. I learned earlier this month that beta testers were not allowed to say what was being tested, That being said the constant bickering on here is disturbing. This in itself is noteworthy as I attended an all-female high school that is only rivaled in villainy by mos eisley. I really love reason 12. For sure there are things that I would add. There are things I would have done differently. As musicians, we all know there is always another way. If you have not bothered to sign up for reason+ or purchased reason 12, you have already made your statement. We hear you, but criticizing something you do not use is a little petty. Those who made the leap have a legitimate reason to post. But calling the developers incompetent is not helpful and makes reading here on this forum less than fun. We were told what the improvements were before we upgraded. AND the joy of reason + is getting things as they become ready. New features in tech are always susceptible to imperfection. This is true with most software. This company must balance business and the art of creation. At times business must come before art. So that the art may continue. For sure we should post about bugs and report them. but weaponizing imperfections and using them to attack the people that make the thing we all seem to care about is petty. Please keep in mind these developers are people. Treat them like people. Their 23 pairs of chromosomes should allow them this privilege. Sadly I was unable to ascertain the progress of VST3 as my attention entered the event horizon of spiraling negativity that infects this thread. Be well. Be kind and record something great today.
:clap:
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

orthodox
RE Developer

27 May 2022

mimidancer wrote:
27 May 2022
<long sermon>
I've tried it before, it didn't work on them. They never stop.

mimidancer

27 May 2022

orthodox wrote:
27 May 2022
mimidancer wrote:
27 May 2022
<long sermon>
I've tried it before, it didn't work on them. They never stop.
thanks, it is nice to know I am in good company.

Jac459

27 May 2022

I feel less alone 😊
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

EnochLight

27 May 2022

mimidancer wrote:
27 May 2022
This in itself is noteworthy as I attended an all-female high school that is only rivaled in villainy by mos eisley.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This comment wins the Internet for today! Sidenote: I'll be watching Obi Wan later tonight.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

thedude

27 May 2022

which is a more wretched hive of scum and villainy? an all female high school, or gearspace.com?

EnochLight

27 May 2022

thedude wrote:
27 May 2022
or gearspace.com?
Once a Gearslut, always a Gearslut!

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

kitekrazy

28 May 2022

I'm doing a VST3 makeover. Not every synth is vst3. I guess Sylenth will never be. So far Spire and Serum are not vst3. I'm starting to remove vsts I never use. Of all the DAWs I have Reason's browser is like it's website with the over abundance o VSTs and REs.

thedude

28 May 2022

yeah, for real. let us have some hi-res walnut rack cheeks.

orthodox
RE Developer

28 May 2022

I don't like those wooden walls. It's a fire hazard. Should use something else.

Jac459

28 May 2022

orthodox wrote:
28 May 2022
I don't like those wooden walls. It's a fire hazard. Should use something else.
Lol, great one... 😂😂😂
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

SauceMerchant

29 May 2022

Looking back at the R12 bug fix list it has made good sense for me to wait this out in the R11 Suite. Getting too old to deal with buggy software.

Without wanting to kick a hornets nest, with May Madness sale now making it *closer to a reasonable upgrade price (*my Cubase upgrade is about same price but arguably offers more new candy), is it safe to come out and play in R12 yet, or do the remaining bugs still weigh heavy?

Thanks in advance.

Arrant
Competition Winner

29 May 2022

SauceMerchant wrote:
29 May 2022
Without wanting to kick a hornets nest, with May Madness sale now making it *closer to a reasonable upgrade price (*my Cubase upgrade is about same price but arguably offers more new candy), is it safe to come out and play in R12 yet, or do the remaining bugs still weigh heavy?
I've been playing around a lot with R12 this weekend and I'll come right out and say it: It's in an acceptable state for me now, finally.
Your mileage may vary, but after a long 9 months of frustration it's working well over here.

SauceMerchant

29 May 2022

good to hear :thumbup: ... a few more feedbacks like yours and I will take the plunge before sale ends.
Anything in particular that still is not working for you?

Also, I have R10 and R11 suite on my PC and if memory serves I had to jump through some hooops to get R10 to run offline - when I installed R11Suite it just worked offline *with *no *additional *hooops to jump through. Anyone know if R12 will require more hooop jumping to get it to run offline or should it just work offline automatically like R11Suite did ? AND, if I delete R10 and just keep R11Suite and R12 on the hard drive, will the hooop jumping for offline use start up again?

Caveat - I hate hoooop jumping ;)

thanks

Arrant
Competition Winner

29 May 2022

There are still some graphical glitches to be sure, but I can live with that as long as the software performs.
Offline authentication I don't know anything about, sorry. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

dvdrtldg

29 May 2022

SauceMerchant wrote:
29 May 2022
Looking back at the R12 bug fix list it has made good sense for me to wait this out in the R11 Suite. Getting too old to deal with buggy software.

Thanks in advance.
R12 and REs are running very well for me now under Rosetta on Mac M1. But VST plugin performance is a bit of a mess, and will continue to be until Reason goes M1 native

Jac459

30 May 2022

To me with both an m1 and a pc, it is working very well (actually it runs perfectly) except the VST display which is not fully scaled.
There is now an option by VST to allow manual scaling and it works well but some are still buggy (I am looking at you izotope ozone).
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

SauceMerchant

31 May 2022

So I took the plunge and bought the upgrade. On a large monitor it looks quite polished - definitely a visual improvement and I assume was a considerable task for the coders. It seems to run everything I've been playing with well so far. No crashes is a good thing!

Really love to see a basic score to video with timecode add-on for quick and dirty custom audio on Youtube/Vimeo clips at some stage, but I see many have requested this for years so not holding breath. Back to Cubase for that - groan.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Information