May Madness sales 2022

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

orthodox
RE Developer

16 May 2022

bxbrkrz wrote:
16 May 2022
As long as the devs join the madness without pressure, it is up to them, it's all good.
I don't think I'm going into madness, neither with nor without pressure. The madness is rather what describes the heated state of the buyers, when the demand curve abnormally bends upwards. I'm just announcing a discount so as not to lose the wave.

jack type

16 May 2022

What about Blamsoft? Looking at VK-2...
Music composer/sound designer for media and video games.
Reason 12, Digital Performer 11, REAPER 6, Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, Windows 10.

joeyluck

16 May 2022

strangers wrote:
16 May 2022
While May Madness is happening, are there any fun, weird, unusual creative RE effects anyone would recommend?

I'm trying to avoid buying more synths although Speo's Tribute has my eye. Speo's Strive also looks pretty interesting.
Yes to both! :thumbup:

They're each on sale for $19. That's a huge steal IMO. Speo is very creative and both devices are so unique.

challism

17 May 2022

strangers wrote:
16 May 2022
While May Madness is happening, are there any fun, weird, unusual creative RE effects anyone would recommend?

I'm trying to avoid buying more synths although Speo's Tribute has my eye. Speo's Strive also looks pretty interesting.
Since you are asking about unusual & creative effects, and also mentioned Strive; It is a very creative filter. Give it a try.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

17 May 2022

strangers wrote:
16 May 2022

Yea, Strive is something special. Ofc there is also Fritz and the stuff from Forgotton Clank like Convoler (note, that the results are hard to predict).
Reason12, Win10

Faastwalker

17 May 2022

Loque wrote:
17 May 2022
strangers wrote:
16 May 2022

Yea, Strive is something special.
Speo Strive is an interesting looking device. Had my eye on that for a while. I'm drawn to creative FX like moths to a flame! Might have to jump on this one :thumbup:

Also looking at these after going through the entire May Madness, RE sale items. Most of what's there I've already got are I'm not interested in. Apart from these mainly;

strangers
Competition Winner

17 May 2022

joeyluck wrote:
16 May 2022
Yes to both! :thumbup:

They're each on sale for $19. That's a huge steal IMO. Speo is very creative and both devices are so unique.
There's not much info about Tribute and I already used my trial for the song contest when it originally came out. Does Tribute offer enough in comparison to something like Expanse to justify pulling the trigger?
challism wrote:
17 May 2022
Since you are asking about unusual & creative effects, and also mentioned Strive; It is a very creative filter. Give it a try.
I'm most likely going to get Strive. I have been on a mission to use more filters. Why not add this one to the ol' tool belt?
Loque wrote:
17 May 2022
Yea, Strive is something special. Ofc there is also Fritz and the stuff from Forgotton Clank like Convoler (note, that the results are hard to predict).
Seems like Strive is a sure bet. I do have and use Fritz already. Curious to see if the Panda joins May Madness. I'd surely grab Torsion. The Forgotten Clank devices look interesting. I'll give Convolver a shot.
Faastwalker wrote:
17 May 2022
Speo Strive is an interesting looking device. Had my eye on that for a while. I'm drawn to creative FX like moths to a flame! Might have to jump on this one :thumbup:

Also looking at these after going through the entire May Madness, RE sale items. Most of what's there I've already got are I'm not interested in. Apart from these mainly
Do you have any suggestions for creative effects that aren't part of May Madness that I could look into? I'm also open to VST. Photon Particle Splitter is really cool. I have that and this is good reminder that I should put it to use more often.

Loque

17 May 2022

strangers wrote:
17 May 2022
Seems like Strive is a sure bet. I do have and use Fritz already. Curious to see if the Panda joins May Madness. I'd surely grab Torsion. The Forgotten Clank devices look interesting. I'll give Convolver a shot.
If you think about it, have a look on his bundle, which is incredible cheap.
Reason12, Win10

bxbrkrz

17 May 2022

orthodox wrote:
16 May 2022
bxbrkrz wrote:
16 May 2022
As long as the devs join the madness without pressure, it is up to them, it's all good.
I don't think I'm going into madness, neither with nor without pressure. The madness is rather what describes the heated state of the buyers, when the demand curve abnormally bends upwards. I'm just announcing a discount so as not to lose the wave.
Then it's all good. "May Madness". Heated state of the buyers . Love it :puf_smile:
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

freshkidblaze

17 May 2022

I'm waiting for Static Cling to hopefully suprise us 🙏🏾.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 May 2022

Does anyone know if Friktion has been sold for a better price than now? It's now on sale for €74.00.
I only have reward points for a 25 voucher so I won't buy it that way.

crimsonwarlock

17 May 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
17 May 2022
Does anyone know if Friktion has been sold for a better price than now?
I got it in a sale bundle together with Algoritm and Pattern Mutator. That time they discounted the bundle even further if you had already one of them and I already bought Pattern Mutator before. I seem to remember I paid around 100 euros for Friktion together with Algoritm that time, which would bring its sale price at 50 euros. However, I think it will be awhile before they do something like that again.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

StephenHutchinson

17 May 2022

Anyone else getting the Reason Studios 33% OFF May Madness email?

May Madness.jpg
May Madness.jpg (123.54 KiB) Viewed 2144 times

When I click the BUY NOW button... my browser / Ublock Origin are saying the link is a tracker...

Tracker.jpg
Tracker.jpg (61.24 KiB) Viewed 2144 times

Anyone else getting this? I've sent an email to Reason Studios but haven't as yet heard back..
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

StephenHutchinson

17 May 2022

So apparently Reason Studios is having a go at 33% off of Reason+... or $133.33 USD which comes out to about $165 Canadian...
Reason+ 33 percent off.jpg
Reason+ 33 percent off.jpg (121.72 KiB) Viewed 2137 times

It is still not worth it... that's a hard pass for me. At this point, even $99 USD is not interesting any more. I really wonder how many other people feel the same way at this point.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

Faastwalker

18 May 2022

Faastwalker wrote:
17 May 2022

Also looking at these after going through the entire May Madness, RE sale items. Most of what's there I've already got are I'm not interested in. Apart from these mainly
strangers wrote:
17 May 2022
Do you have any suggestions for creative effects that aren't part of May Madness that I could look into? I'm also open to VST. Photon Particle Splitter is really cool. I have that and this is good reminder that I should put it to use more often.
I rarely use VST's so can't help you there. And often for me the crazier the sonic mangling the better :? I love these (some of which will be in the sale currently);

Ekssperimental Sounds - OUROBOROS
Ekssperimental Sounds - INDSTRLZR
Lectric Panda LLC - Fritz
D16 Group - Decimort 2
D16 Group - Devastor 2
McDSP - Futzbox
Sonic Charge - Echobode
BHK Samples - Parafilter III

strangers
Competition Winner

18 May 2022

It looks like Lectric Panda sort of joined the madness. Some of his devices are now cheaper although they aren't listed as a sale.
Faastwalker wrote:
18 May 2022
I rarely use VST's so can't help you there. And often for me the crazier the sonic mangling the better :? I love these (some of which will be in the sale currently);

Ekssperimental Sounds - OUROBOROS
Ekssperimental Sounds - INDSTRLZR
Lectric Panda LLC - Fritz
D16 Group - Decimort 2
D16 Group - Devastor 2
McDSP - Futzbox
Sonic Charge - Echobode
BHK Samples - Parafilter III
This looks like a solid list. I already have and use the D16 REs although I haven't found much of a use for Devastator 2. Fritz is one of my favorite RE. It's the gift that keeps giving. I trialed Echobode a year or two ago and really liked it. I've been holding off for a sale that will never come. The VST has one extra parameter compared to the RE. Still on the fence as to which to grab.

I'll have to trial the first two you listed. I've seen them in the shop but never looked into them or tried them. Thanks for the list!

rcbuse
RE Developer

18 May 2022

I didn't join the sale but I did just lower all my permanent prices to match the lowest sale price my devices have ever been sold at. Some of them even lower!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... +Panda+LLC

DaveyG

18 May 2022

rcbuse wrote:
18 May 2022
I didn't join the sale but I did just lower all my permanent prices to match the lowest sale price my devices have ever been sold at. Some of them even lower!

Excellent. We just need you to put some items on sale now.... :thumbup:

Chi-Individual

18 May 2022

rcbuse wrote:
18 May 2022

Thank you. This is truly appreciated.

WaxTrax

18 May 2022

rcbuse wrote:
18 May 2022

This is very generous. LPM is the only Panda RE device I haven't purchased yet. I don't need it, but I might have to get it anyway just to complete the collection! :lol:

honeyBadger

18 May 2022

rcbuse wrote:
18 May 2022

And Torsion and Nostromo are available in the rewards store at the same new price, great pickups for anyone who doesn’t already have them and has reward points to spend.

Nielsen

18 May 2022

Jumping on the Reason 12 upgrade offer would be a lot easier if there was a time frame on VST3 support etc. R12 hasn't evolved much since it was first released aside from some obligatory bug fixing. Besides, the upgrade cost on sale is pretty much the same as the old default price before it was increased by nearly 50%. Hardly feels like a deal then. :?

Grimlucky

18 May 2022

honeyBadger wrote:
18 May 2022
rcbuse wrote:
18 May 2022

And Torsion and Nostromo are available in the rewards store at the same new price, great pickups for anyone who doesn’t already have them and has reward points to spend.
Would love to see some of the Panda players in the rewards store as well, my points would soon be gone.

• Information