New RE Photon Particle Splitter by LoveOne

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
hamzter
RE Developer

22 Oct 2021

Hi,
DJMaytag wrote:
10 Oct 2021
Have you noticed any difference in the way audio is handled in this RE in R12 versus R10? It's doing something odd in R12 that I think Reason might have changed, causing a few devices new problems (or potential problems).

See the last post in viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7516332
I'm afraid that there isn't enough information in that thread to help me understand what the problem is and how to reproduce it.

Generally speaking, the mechanism that computes the "silence status" of Photon compares input sample values against a silence threshold provided by the RE SDK. The silence threshold value is "hard-coded" into the compiled RE byte code that I send to RS for acceptance testing, so the "logic" of the silence detection does not change with the Reason version.

If Photon's silence detection does behave differently in R10 compared to R12, then the most likely reason is that the device that generates audio input for Photon has changed its behaviour. Or the Reason hosting may have changed its behaviour in some way. Another reason could be that the RE build server that compiles the RE byte code into Mac and Windows assembler uses a different compiler version and/or compiler flags when it creates the R12 hi-res version of the RE.

Best regards,
Gustav

challism

17 May 2022

My daughter discovered this today.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 May 2022

challism wrote:
17 May 2022
:)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MarkTarlton

17 May 2022

She is a cutie and smart! It's Roygbiv, duh, haha...Thanks for sharing this :)

orthodox
RE Developer

17 May 2022

There's also only six colors. No indigo.

Skullture

18 May 2022

challism wrote:
17 May 2022
That's way too cute :clap:

eusti

18 May 2022

So cute indeed!!!

D.

wendylou

20 May 2022

Well, let's hope the dev gets on that logo spectrum color crisis soon or I'm gonna have to return this. Damn, I just bought it and already its broken! :puf_smile: Colors and humor aside, I like this shimmer affect better than another one I have. Interesting to learn that Brian Eno was one of the first to employ shimmer. I'm pretty sure I heard shimmer used on U2's "Beautiful Day" from their "All That You Can't Leave Behind" album, of which Brian Eno was a co-producer.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

Gardinski

23 May 2022

Sigh....

February: ''I don't need any more reverb plug-ins. I already have at least 15 really good ones. Anything else would be overkill.''

Three reverbs later: ''OK, maybe just one more. But this is a shimmery, granular one, so it's different.''

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 May 2022

Brilliant demos!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 May 2022

I trialed it but for some reason I didn't click with it. Perhaps it was too optiony for me.
I did a small comparison to the shimmer effects I already have, the shimmer in Kuassas reverb and in the Skrock reverb. I actually preffered those ones. I think I just get results quicker with them.
Oh and I have the JPS Animus reverb as well. But I only use that for the super weird patches when I want something really out there. I would never start tweaking that thing. Again, too optiony for me.

Gardinski

24 May 2022

It's really nice on vocals, if you want something a bit 'out there' and experimental.

I honestly didn't think I'd need this, because it seems to cover similar ground to JP's Animus, but it's arguably easier to rein in. Both are splendid, but the fact that you can make it more subtle and transparent makes Photon very useful.

The presets are really lovely, and you could get a lot of mileage out of using them just as they are. They're so rich and evocative.

(I'd promised myself I wasn't going to buy anything in this sale, but that idea has already gone out of the window. It was inevitable really.) :lol:

• Information