May Madness for subscription

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pongasoft
RE Developer

14 May 2022

When I got my subscription last year I got it during May Madness (at a discount). I can see that there is another coupon this year (may-madness-33). Is there any way to apply the coupon for the renewal? If not, does cancelling and resubscribing let you enter the coupon?

As a developer, I use Jetbrains products with a yearly subscription. Every year I get a renewal "discount". First year is 20% off. Second+ years are 40% off. (And all subscriptions include a fallback license.. meaning if you stop paying the latest version is yours forever).

I wished Reason Studio did something similar...

But maybe there is a way to at least get the current discount by cancelling/resubscribing? Anybody tried?

Billy+

14 May 2022

I'm not entirely sure exactly how the extensions works - but from previous posts when you reregister (if you can) you seem to loose what you had and continue with what you purchased.

If I'm remembering correctly I stumbled on the issue with PiB discount codes, your code started from purchase date rather than registered date. I.e. You lost either way.

The whole process definitely needs some fine tuning and the ability to add to the subscription should definitely be available.

strange_scenery

16 May 2022

My subscription is ending soon as well so I contacted support. They said that I am eligible for the discount but it won't be applied automatically. They said to cancel my subscription, wait for it to end, and then resubscribe using the discount code before it expires.

pongasoft
RE Developer

17 May 2022

strange_scenery wrote:
16 May 2022
My subscription is ending soon as well so I contacted support. They said that I am eligible for the discount but it won't be applied automatically. They said to cancel my subscription, wait for it to end, and then resubscribe using the discount code before it expires.
Thank you for reporting. I will give it a shot!

pongasoft
RE Developer

30 May 2022

pongasoft wrote:
17 May 2022
strange_scenery wrote:
16 May 2022
Thank you for reporting. I will give it a shot!
I am confirming that it does work. I just resubscribed with 33% off! Thank you for the tip!

• Information