May Madness sales 2022

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Carrick
Posts: 10
Joined: 02 Feb 2021

Post 11 May 2022

Eprom wrote:
10 May 2022
How can a full version be €129,- while the upgrade is still €199,-?
If the 129,00€ will be the may madness price for the upgrade, then they're giving us the old price, call it "great deal" and pat themselves on the shoulder, those marketing guys never fail to amuse me :puf_smile:

Since R12 still hasn't got VST3 support i'll propably wait for a sale after it is implemented, which may be R13 or whatever. If they want me to buy the upgrade now the price should be 99,00 € max. (I know that won't happen, but since R12 doesn't offer any improvements for me at this moment, i can wait)

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3846
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 11 May 2022

Popey wrote:
11 May 2022
Billy+ wrote:
10 May 2022


Maybe they was supposed to be offering R12 upgrades for £109 - not sure if I would pay that much at the moment.
Must admit I am the same and although £109 is tempting I still struggle to see the value for me personally even if I did like mimic and the combi 2. Think I am happy to wait till unlucky r13 unless they offer r12 at a truly ridiculous cheap price further down the line.
The £109 was for the full version of R12 (£499) and worked out to be nearly %80 discount and at that amount an upgrade license would come in at £50 ish which is definitely tempting but considering the bug hunt is still on going and the roadmap is more like a picnic stop it would definitely end up being a purchase that just sat in my account rather than installed on my computer.

Popey
Posts: 1260
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 11 May 2022

Billy+ wrote:
11 May 2022
Popey wrote:
11 May 2022


Must admit I am the same and although £109 is tempting I still struggle to see the value for me personally even if I did like mimic and the combi 2. Think I am happy to wait till unlucky r13 unless they offer r12 at a truly ridiculous cheap price further down the line.
The £109 was for the full version of R12 (£499) and worked out to be nearly %80 discount and at that amount an upgrade license would come in at £50 ish which is definitely tempting but considering the bug hunt is still on going and the roadmap is more like a picnic stop it would definitely end up being a purchase that just sat in my account rather than installed on my computer.
For £50 I would be tempted but doubt it would be offered that low. I would be shocked if the % discount on an upgrade is anything like what they may offer for the full version (aka new users) but I would be more than happy to be wrong on this.

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 1665
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 11 May 2022

I'm on R11 and it probably says a lot about my current feelings towards R12 that I went to the shop when that offer was on but only to see if the offer was real. It never occurred to me to buy it to get a cheap route to R12. Maybe R11 is where I stop...

And, no, there is no way you'll see a £50 upgrade price. They want us all on R+ so they can chain us to the subs hamster wheel.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3846
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 11 May 2022

No doubt it would definitely not be discounted by that amount - but it does leave the question why the full version was? And why only for an hour?

Still either way I at least have hope that we might see some discounts on RS products during May Madness this year.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3842
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 11 May 2022

Billy+ wrote:
11 May 2022
No doubt it would definitely not be discounted by that amount - but it does leave the question why the full version was? And why only for an hour?

Still either way I at least have hope that we might see some discounts on RS products during May Madness this year.
I don't think it's really that big of a mystery. I'd say it was a completely accidental discount since MM hasn't official started yet and won't start for a while still. They caught the mistake after an hour and made the correction. We've seen similar errors in the shop over the years. I remember a Jiggery Pokery bundle that went on sale for some ridiculously low amount ($25 or something crazy) and it turned out to be an error. So these things do happen. In fact, I know one RT user who frequents the RS shop specifically looking for such mistakes and he's been able to buy quite a few products that way. Many of you might know who I am talking about.

I'm also curious if anyone was able to get a full license for that mistaken discount price.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 2926
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 11 May 2022

Billy+ wrote:
11 May 2022
No doubt it would definitely not be discounted by that amount - but it does leave the question why the full version was? And why only for an hour?
My guess is that someone at the office lost a bet.
The Now Sound of MIDI Thru 🧂

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3846
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 12 May 2022

Well it's finally arrived and I'm a little disappointed - %33 off and BVX isn't included

IMG_2977.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 791
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 12 May 2022

i just noticed that mix & mastering rig was removed. omg. a yay yay. eh...
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro x64 | Reason 10 | Reason+ | NCH WavePad Masters Edition

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9771
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 12 May 2022

Billy+ wrote:
12 May 2022
Well it's finally arrived and I'm a little disappointed - %33 off and BVX isn't included
Well it just came out, so I'm sure the people who bought it are happy to see it's not on sale and can feel ok about buying it right away.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3846
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 12 May 2022

joeyluck wrote:
12 May 2022
Billy+ wrote:
12 May 2022
Well it's finally arrived and I'm a little disappointed - %33 off and BVX isn't included
Well it just came out, so I'm sure the people who bought it are happy to see it's not on sale and can feel ok about buying it right away.
I guess that's one way to look at it -
Another could be that they was happy to pay full price and wouldn't really care about waiting for a sale.

Either way I'm sure it could have been included %33 discount isn't exactly going to set the internet on fire :lol:

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9771
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 12 May 2022

Look! A proper shop link! :thumbup:

shop link.png

The shopping bag is now just your shopping bag/cart.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
MarkTarlton
Posts: 755
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Post 12 May 2022

There are a few freebies, but this one stood out to me!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... simulator/

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3842
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 12 May 2022

MarkTarlton wrote:
12 May 2022
There are a few freebies, but this one stood out to me!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... simulator/
Oh that's awesome! This is a great noise generator. Very cool effect. I've enjoyed it since it's release. So happy everyone has a chance to get it for free now. Thanks for the kind gift, Gustav.
joeyluck wrote:
12 May 2022
Look! A proper shop link! :thumbup:


shop link.png


The shopping bag is now just your shopping bag/cart.
Amazing! That only took a year and half(ish) to get the shop link back! ha ha ha, nice to see it make a proper return to the menu. Good on RS for doing that, and I hope the 3rd party devs are feeling happy about it (and forgiving).

Also nice to see RS putting their REs on sale again.
Billy+ wrote:
12 May 2022
Well it's finally arrived and I'm a little disappointed - %33 off and BVX isn't included


IMG_2977.PNG
Billy, I think I can speak for most of us... we would be a little disappointed if you weren't a little disappointed. :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8008
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 13 May 2022

thedude wrote:
13 May 2022
FCCCCCUUUK. i was holding out for mixing and mastering and rig. and only 33%? Who among us is willing to mutiny with me?
Mixing and Mastering Rig isn’t in the sale. It isn’t even in the shop.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8008
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 13 May 2022

challism wrote:
12 May 2022

Billy, I think I can speak for most of us... we would be a little disappointed if you weren't a little disappointed. :)
Hahaha. Oh yes :)
丰2ॐ

thedude
Posts: 88
Joined: 08 May 2021

Post 13 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
13 May 2022
thedude wrote:
13 May 2022
FCCCCCUUUK. i was holding out for mixing and mastering and rig. and only 33%? Who among us is willing to mutiny with me?
Mixing and Mastering Rig isn’t in the sale. It isn’t even in the shop.
yeah, so crazy its not in the shop. also, so many things not on sale. korg mono poly is, but no polysix?? no kilo hearts?? urgh.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3842
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 13 May 2022

Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8008
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 13 May 2022

Hmmm. JPS Harmonic Synthesizer. Hmmm.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3842
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 13 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
13 May 2022
thedude wrote:
13 May 2022
FCCCCCUUUK. i was holding out for mixing and mastering and rig. and only 33%? Who among us is willing to mutiny with me?
Mixing and Mastering Rig isn’t in the sale. It isn’t even in the shop.
Oh man! I totally predicted this like 6 weeks ago. Saying I had a gut feeling the remaining rigs would disappear. I guess there's only one left?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7527379&p=600582&hilit=rig#p600582
MrFigg wrote:
13 May 2022
Hmmm. JPS Harmonic Synthesizer. Hmmm.
Yeah, for real... $29 down from $99. I'm definitely buying it. I'm actually looking at a LOT of JP REs. Matt is offering some sweet prices.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8008
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 13 May 2022

challism wrote:
13 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
13 May 2022


Mixing and Mastering Rig isn’t in the sale. It isn’t even in the shop.
Oh man! I totally predicted this like 6 weeks ago. Saying I had a gut feeling the remaining rigs would disappear. I guess there's only one left?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7527379&p=600582&hilit=rig#p600582
MrFigg wrote:
13 May 2022
Hmmm. JPS Harmonic Synthesizer. Hmmm.
Yeah, for real... $29 down from $99. I'm definitely buying it. I'm actually looking at a LOT of JP REs. Matt is offering some sweet prices.
Yeah, i actually had all the ones that go on guitar for a long time…like when they came out. Got a couple of the organs which I like. Didn’t like Champagne Supernova and am wondering if Harmonic Synth is just “too retro” in an organ sense for me.
丰2ॐ

Grimlucky
Posts: 25
Joined: 31 Jul 2020

Post 13 May 2022

Looks like you can't use rewards vouchers on the sale, was hoping to pick up a couple of the RS players this time and finally use some reward points as well.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 10011
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 13 May 2022

The Forgotten Clank Studios stuff is incredible cheap:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... ssentials/
The WaveShaper alone is incredible cheap:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... eshaper-2/

Btw, anyone has an idea how to foldback with the WaveShaper2? is it possible?



Animous has an awsome price if you are looking for some shimmer:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -ensemble/
Like lot of other stuff from Jiggery Pokery:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... ry%20Sound


LoveOne has some nice granular stuff and synths, which are easily overlooked but packed with features:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... lting%20AB


Selig'S NoteView is free for May MAdness:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -noteview/
And he has some nice deals too:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... o%2C%20LLC
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
Quarmat
Posts: 199
Joined: 11 Feb 2021
Location: Europe

Post 13 May 2022

It is just me or the RS site is giving 504 errors? I can't do compulsive shopping! Help!

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3424
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 13 May 2022

Quarmat wrote:
13 May 2022
It is just me or the RS site is giving 504 errors? I can't do compulsive shopping! Help!
Same here

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests