Arturia Analog Lab 4 vs 5 (is it worth it to double install?)

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Propellerhands

12 May 2022

Since I bought Keylab mk2 61 keyboard from Arturia I got few freebies to install. So far only installed Analog Lab V, and it seems just ordinary preset player, not actual synthesizer. But anyway, my question is about Analog Lab 4, is it just the older version of Analog Lab 5 with same presets or entirely different software with different presets to try?

I read the description and it is really confusing, Arturia website is 90 percent images covering entire screen and hard to navigate and hard to understand what I am getting at all.

So in short, what to install to get the best out of my 4 remaining activations left but also says it contains 3 products. How many can I install, because when I go to "Explore Products" I see a long list of products with option to install and no idea if they are free or not. Can someone explain it like I am 5?
Attachments
sss1.jpg
sss1.jpg (77.33 KiB) Viewed 5990 times
sss.jpg
sss.jpg (73.3 KiB) Viewed 5990 times
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

jam-s

12 May 2022

"My Products" contains the software you have a license to. "Explore products" contains all products that you can install (as demo version).
The "activations" are the number of machines/computers on which you can/have installed the software.

If I remember correctly the main difference between Analog lab 4 and Analog Lab V is the UI. Both are preset machines/patch browsers for the modelled hardware synths. i think Analog Lab 4 is mostly included for backwards compatibility with older project files which might have used this as a VST.

Propellerhands

12 May 2022

jam-s wrote:
12 May 2022
"My Products" contains the software you have a license to. "Explore products" contains all products that you can install (as demo version).
The "activations" are the number of machines/computers on which you can/have installed the software.
Ah, I see. Thank you a lot for clearing this up for me because the instructions from Arturia were far from being clear. Appreciate, have a nice day!

Propellerhands

12 May 2022

But still another question then, those 3 products are Mini V3, Rev PLATE-140 and Stage-73 V2 or Analog Lab 4, Analog Lab V and Piano V2?

Because under first 3 it says Activate, and under another 3 it just says Install. So again, confused :D

QVprod

12 May 2022

Propellerhands wrote:
12 May 2022
But still another question then, those 3 products are Mini V3, Rev PLATE-140 and Stage-73 V2 or Analog Lab 4, Analog Lab V and Piano V2?

Because under first 3 it says Activate, and under another 3 it just says Install. So again, confused :D
They effectively mean the same thing. Because they show up in your "My Products" tab you can use them. As a newbie though, you don't need both Analog Lab 4 and 5. They're redundant unless you need backwards compatibility.

Propellerhands

12 May 2022

Cheers, just figured it too after installing Mini v3 that activations and product number all stayed the same. Going back to messing with Moog clone.

StephenHutchinson

13 May 2022

Although I have Analog Lab V and the Arturia Collection 8 complete, I keep Analog 4 installed for the fact that it has way more customizable controls than Analog Lab V does. Unfortunately, Analog Lab 4 does not work on any MacOs M1 machines, but I still have it installed on an intel MacBook Air & MacBook Pro 17"
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

Bluescat

13 May 2022

I now have collection 9. I had uninstalled Analog Lab 4 assuming it was redundant, but my pre-set count was about 1000 fewer than what Arturia spec'ed (for collection 9). Even after checking the "store" tab, etc, I didn't get the missing pre-sets until I reinstalled Lab 4. Maybe if I uninstalled Lab 4 NOW, the presets would remain <shrug>

• Information