Reason 12.2.6 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Kilsane

11 May 2022

https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes
Fixed a bug that caused error messages to appear when quickly opening multiple context menus in Rack Extensions

Fixed a bug that could cause Reason to crash when resetting devices

Fixed an issue where dragging many items from Reason’s browser to the Rack caused lagging

Fixed so that Reason does not hang when dragging and dropping many items from the browser to a favourites folder

Fixed a bug that incorrectly included the device group of an effect copied between two insert slots

Fixed a bug that caused browser to not update contents of directories until restarting Reason

Fixed a case where Reason documents could get a bad format error after saving

Fixed a loop recording bug that could cause MIDI notes to be recorded at the wrong position in the sequencer when quantizing

Fixed a bug that caused the Reason Rack Plugin window to randomly resize on Mac M1

Fixed a couple of cable routing bugs that appeared when opening Reason 11 documents (or older) in Reason 12

Improved error handling when opening Companion

Improved error handling for incorrectly encoded text

Reduced maximum memory usage usage for browser search

Updated remote files for some Novation controllers

deeplink
Competition Winner

11 May 2022

That context menu one really got to me! Glad it's fixed
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

PhillipOrdonez

11 May 2022

The error message was starting to grind my gears. Glad it's fixed now!

deigm

11 May 2022

Always good to see bugs squashed!

chimp_spanner

11 May 2022

Omg the loop recording one! I reported that YEARS ago. It would always take the note approx halfway through the current clip and dump it at the start and it was THE most annoying thing. Cannot wait to test that out and see if it's gone for good.

Tinnitus

11 May 2022

chimp_spanner wrote:
11 May 2022
Omg the loop recording one! I reported that YEARS ago. It would always take the note approx halfway through the current clip and dump it at the start and it was THE most annoying thing. Cannot wait to test that out and see if it's gone for good.
I'm also looking forward to this fix!

Thanks RS team. Keep up the bug fixing.

CaptainBlack

11 May 2022

The bug where certain VST effects don't fill the window when the re-scale checkbox is ticked is still there. I'm still having to peer at a tiny Izotope Neutron 3. Either that or guess where the controls are supposed to be in the blank space where the GUI should be.

Loque

11 May 2022

bugs.jpg
bugs.jpg (58.84 KiB) Viewed 4421 times
Reason12, Win10

Billy+

11 May 2022

Has full HD been achieved yet?

I still haven't given R12 another go since my cheap R+ trial...

sQeetz

11 May 2022

Kilsane wrote:
11 May 2022
Fixed a bug that caused the Reason Rack Plugin window to randomly resize on Mac M1
Finally! :clap:

moneykube

11 May 2022

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 10.52.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 10.52.17 AM.png (352.83 KiB) Viewed 4273 times
:clap: :lol:
Loque wrote:
11 May 2022
bugs.jpg
seems that way... that list is huge.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

sublunar

11 May 2022

So just a bunch of bug fixes. Yawn.

sQeetz

11 May 2022

sublunar wrote:
11 May 2022
So just a bunch of bug fixes. Yawn.
That's what _._.X updates are about, no?

chimp_spanner

11 May 2022

Billy+ wrote:
11 May 2022

AFAIK yeah? Can’t say I’ve noticed any low res assets now. I would still very much like to have independent rack and application zoom though. Fingers tightly crossed for that.

moalla

11 May 2022

If they really fixxed the browser dragging bug and the loop recording bug, wich such a old thing, than it´s superduper boombastic bäbääm
DONE

geiler SCHEISSEeeee Aldääär, ham die demm endlich geschafft Junge Incroyable

Mhh yeah i checked it and R12 becomes more performant on my i7 4710mq Laptob that´s really nice, graphics are only lacking in the first seconds then everything works fine with an old gt730m gpu, so no glitches when lacking graphics scrolling first moment, also browser now is fast as hell, no jerking when dragging devices into rack, and loading time of projects is 3 or 4 faster than before.

Happy to see the VST3 realease, but this fix was still the most important one the users waiting for, i hope this is now final beta of R12 !
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Billy+

11 May 2022

chimp_spanner wrote:
11 May 2022
Billy+ wrote:
11 May 2022

AFAIK yeah? Can’t say I’ve noticed any low res assets now. I would still very much like to have independent rack and application zoom though. Fingers tightly crossed for that.
What about the alignment issues, missing theme components and strange lines etc... (I'm really put off by visible bugs)

mimidancer

12 May 2022

moalla wrote:
11 May 2022

Happy to see the VST3 realease, but this fix was still the most important one the users waiting for, i hope this is now final beta of R12 !

VST3?

orthodox
RE Developer

12 May 2022

mimidancer wrote:
12 May 2022
moalla wrote:
11 May 2022

VST3?
Cool down, he's looking forward to being happy to see the VST3 release. Just like you are, apparently.

moalla

12 May 2022

Yeah i cool :puf_wink: down and will become happy when VST3 support are released,
but today my old i7 4710mq machine starts with a new ordered 135watt power supply the last project in 2 seconds,
I can hardly believe it that´s five times faster than before, so difference with more watts and update is amazing.
They really fixed with the update the biggest core problems, my feeling :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :reason:
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

dakta

12 May 2022

"FML I don't want to see anything new, we just need bug fixes!"

"FML There's only bug fixes!"

"FML The bug that isn't mentioned on the update still exists!"

Glad to see some progress made. Worrying bugfix for me that thankfully I never experienced was the corrupt file saving bug - I have, from years ago, quite a number of files that have got corrupted over the years that ive always put down to disk write errors or bad lack. reopening a project to find your file dead is a gutwrench even if it wasnt that good but you'll now never know.

avasopht
Competition Winner

12 May 2022

This last year has gone real fast though, ...

But we're nearly there, ...
dakta wrote:
12 May 2022
Glad to see some progress made. Worrying bugfix for me that thankfully I never experienced was the corrupt file saving bug - I have, from years ago, quite a number of files that have got corrupted over the years that ive always put down to disk write errors or bad lack. reopening a project to find your file dead is a gutwrench even if it wasnt that good but you'll now never know.
Yes, I had 1 or 2 files get corrupted and just put it down to hard drive corruption.

ProfessaKaos

12 May 2022

avasopht wrote:
12 May 2022
This last year has gone real fast though, ...

But we're nearly there, ...
dakta wrote:
12 May 2022
Yes, I had 1 or 2 files get corrupted and just put it down to hard drive corruption.
This is one of the reason's why I saved multiple versions, if something goes wrong I always have older versions to lean back on.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Arrant
Competition Winner

13 May 2022

sublunar wrote:
11 May 2022
Yawn.
Hardly. That drag-and-freeze bug on its own - if it's truly completely fixed - is HUGE.
It was a total dealbreaker.

sublunar

14 May 2022

As someone who's still running v10 because of the complete lack of interesting new features since then, yes bugfix only updates are a big boring snoozefest.

I bought v6 then v8 and v10 because they give so few reasons to ever update and I was planning on getting v12 but it has nothing in it remotely worth the upgrade price even from the perspective of v10.. which was how many years ago now? 5 years ago. That's a long time in software.

What is legitimately worth paying the upgrade price for between v10 and v12? Because for me, so far, nothing.

Yeah it would be cool to have RRP so I could use Studio One and still have the RE's that I've grown accustomed to.. but really I could just buy Arturia's FX plugin collection instead and just move on completely.

But still it kills me because I have a long love affair with Reason going back to v1 but they never had audio recording until v6 (which was a painfully stupid feature to not have for so long) and how long did it take for them to introduce audio cross fades after that? LMAO. It kills me how F@CKING slow they are to add worthwhile features considering how much BETTER the overall interface/workflow is compared to everything else. I love the rack. They just need to add some basic functionality updates but instead they seem intent on convincing me and others to just move on to other DAWs while they court new users with player devices that write music for them. So much potential for Reason to be the king of DAWs but they just won't go all in and make it so.

Anyway, I know this forum is full of whiny users crying about lack of this or that feature and here I am just being another one. Rant over.

sublunar

14 May 2022

Arrant wrote:
13 May 2022
sublunar wrote:
11 May 2022
Yawn.
Hardly. That drag-and-freeze bug on its own - if it's truly completely fixed - is HUGE.
It was a total dealbreaker.
OK but it only affected v12 users, right? Not a problem for those of us not on v12.

• Information