Reason 11 on macOS Monterey

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
madmacman

12 May 2022

Hi!

Since I want to stay with R11 for now: Given that I'll buy a new Mac (and ignore the lack of M1 support / using Rosetta2) - what issues I can usually expect when Reason Studios doesn't declare R11 as "fully compatible with Monterey"? I assume that I can start the application straight away and it will work on first sight. But where is the catch?

Any ideas? Or first-hand experience? Thanks in advance! :-)

tumar

13 May 2022

I have iMac 24 M1 with Monterey (12.0.1) and Reason Suite 11. I didn't notice any issues. It's new machine, so I haven't had time yet to transfer vst plugins, I run Reason with rack extensions only. So far no problems.

Edit: if You have any M1 native DAW, Reason Plugin Rack will not work with it. It opens as empty window.

Billy+

13 May 2022

It's good to hear that R11 works ok on M1, I nearly jumped on the M1 but the delay from RS caused me to wait and now I'm looking at the studio which I had no clue about until recently so given the continued delays for native Reason on M1 I might just buy a studio and cross my fingers.

I was waiting for Reason and izotope before I purchased new hardware and upgrades to my software but it's really bugging my that my main software developers are so slow with support for Apple.

madmacman

14 May 2022

tumar wrote:
13 May 2022
I have iMac 24 M1 with Monterey (12.0.1) and Reason Suite 11. I didn't notice any issues. It's new machine
Thanks for the feedback. Good to know. :thumbup: It's probably more that way "We haven't tested older versions. So if you are facing issues, then you're on your own or need to upgrade."
tumar wrote:
13 May 2022
Edit: if You have any M1 native DAW, Reason Plugin Rack will not work with it. It opens as empty window.
Ah right. Bummer. I knew it (technically) but totally forgot about this. Since I mainly use the RRP, it seems to be a showstopper for me.

Well, since delivery times for MacBook Pro's are infinitely delayed right now there's no need to hurry. But maybe I could upgrade my current Intel Macbook from BigSur to Monterey in the meantime (not Music related).

robussc

19 May 2022

I just installed Reason 12 on Monterey and I'm having a strange issue with the Save dialog. I load up a new project and when I try to Save it it picks some weird folder (that I've not used in a long time) and the dialog is effectively unresponsive. The Save button is disabled and I can't pick any of the sidebar locations.

Oddly this is not happening when I export audio, the same location appears but the dialog is fully responsive.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

madmacman

20 May 2022

robussc wrote:
19 May 2022
I just installed Reason 12 on Monterey and I'm having a strange issue with the Save dialog.
Since R12 is officially declared as "fully compatible" with Monterey, you should contact their support for this issue.

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -statement

Be sure to have at least version 12.2.4 installed - according to the linked support document.

robussc

20 May 2022

madmacman wrote:
20 May 2022
robussc wrote:
19 May 2022
I just installed Reason 12 on Monterey and I'm having a strange issue with the Save dialog.
Since R12 is officially declared as "fully compatible" with Monterey, you should contact their support for this issue.

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -statement

Be sure to have at least version 12.2.4 installed - according to the linked support document.
Sounds good, now that there no reason forums on their site, what’s the best route to do that?

Edit: no worries I found it.

Edit #2: I was able to work around the bug by resizing the Save Dialog, which suddenly brought it back to life. D'oh!
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

• Information