Reason 11 on macOS Monterey

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
madmacman

Post 12 May 2022

Hi!

Since I want to stay with R11 for now: Given that I'll buy a new Mac (and ignore the lack of M1 support / using Rosetta2) - what issues I can usually expect when Reason Studios doesn't declare R11 as "fully compatible with Monterey"? I assume that I can start the application straight away and it will work on first sight. But where is the catch?

Any ideas? Or first-hand experience? Thanks in advance! :-)

tumar

Post 13 May 2022

I have iMac 24 M1 with Monterey (12.0.1) and Reason Suite 11. I didn't notice any issues. It's new machine, so I haven't had time yet to transfer vst plugins, I run Reason with rack extensions only. So far no problems.

Edit: if You have any M1 native DAW, Reason Plugin Rack will not work with it. It opens as empty window.

Billy+

Post 13 May 2022

It's good to hear that R11 works ok on M1, I nearly jumped on the M1 but the delay from RS caused me to wait and now I'm looking at the studio which I had no clue about until recently so given the continued delays for native Reason on M1 I might just buy a studio and cross my fingers.

I was waiting for Reason and izotope before I purchased new hardware and upgrades to my software but it's really bugging my that my main software developers are so slow with support for Apple.
Latest (got any vocals?) contact me...

madmacman

Post 14 May 2022

tumar wrote:
13 May 2022
I have iMac 24 M1 with Monterey (12.0.1) and Reason Suite 11. I didn't notice any issues. It's new machine
Thanks for the feedback. Good to know. :thumbup: It's probably more that way "We haven't tested older versions. So if you are facing issues, then you're on your own or need to upgrade."
tumar wrote:
13 May 2022
Edit: if You have any M1 native DAW, Reason Plugin Rack will not work with it. It opens as empty window.
Ah right. Bummer. I knew it (technically) but totally forgot about this. Since I mainly use the RRP, it seems to be a showstopper for me.

Well, since delivery times for MacBook Pro's are infinitely delayed right now there's no need to hurry. But maybe I could upgrade my current Intel Macbook from BigSur to Monterey in the meantime (not Music related).

• Information