Tritone Refill (Parsec)

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3361
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 11 May 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 May 2022
Thanks for the great patches.
TritoneAddiction wrote:
09 May 2022
I have some thoughts on diving deeper into either Algoritm or Expanse next, or both simultaneously. But it would also be interesting to explore some of the weirder ones like Vibro.
Looking forward to what you come up with. Both Expanse and Algoritm are deep synths, haven't had the time yet to dive into both myself. I got Vibro (on sale) because it has a bit of PPG Wave vibe to it, so bring it on :puf_smile:
Even though they are deep synths I suspect I'll keep doing rather simple patches for two reasons. 1. I'm not a very technical person, so it's not very likely I'll even have the ability to make advanced/complicated patches. 2. I personally prefer to use pretty simple patches myself. Often the very layered patches (that takes up a lot of space in a mix) or the patches that are just impressive sounding doesn't work that well in an actual mix imo.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3708
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 11 May 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 May 2022
Aosta wrote:
09 May 2022


To jump from Parsec to Parsec 2 it is 38 monetary units which is kind of ridiculous, they have never had any offers for owners of the original and it seems to set in stone...just one of those weird props things they do now and again :?
Yes RS do some weird things sometimes. I bought Parsec 1 when it was pretty cheap at some point. The upgrade was €29 for me at the time. All in all I think it was worth what I paid.
I do quite like Parsec. It's fun to work with. Some synths workflow just makes sense to me. Parsec is one of them.
But ultimately it's gonna be different for everyone what's worth paying for any specific music gear.


If it weren't for Reason 11 Suite, I would still be on Parsec v1. I'm happy to have Parsec v2 now, but I wasn't willing to pay $29 for the upgrade. RS (back when they were Props) did offer us a discount once. I think it was after hearing our complaints of the upgrade price and the fact that the full version was just about the same price as the upgrade during a sale. So they dropped the price down to $19 one time - during one of their big annual sales. I wonder why they haven't done that since? It seems like sale prices should also be extended to upgrades.

Anyway, I really like Parsec and am really happy with V2. I think they added a fair amount to the newer version and an upgrade price is/was justified (not sure if I would pay $29 for it though, ha ha ha). I agree with you about Parsec's workflow, Tritone. It makes sense to me, too. It's a beautiful synth... both versions. :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

strangers
Posts: 670
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

Post 11 May 2022

Skimming through patches now and can see myself using a good amount of these. The 'Vokaler' patch happens to be exactly what I've been looking for with one of the newer songs I've been working on. I'll be putting that patch to use immediately.

Parsec2 is very user friendly. It's one of my most used RE synths along with Antidote and Complex-1. You still have me close to pulling the trigger on Algoritm. I'll surely grab one of your refills if you put something together for Algoritm.

User avatar
crimsonwarlock
Posts: 537
Joined: 06 Nov 2021
Location: Close to the Edge

Post 12 May 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
11 May 2022
Even though they are deep synths I suspect I'll keep doing rather simple patches for two reasons. 1. I'm not a very technical person, so it's not very likely I'll even have the ability to make advanced/complicated patches. 2. I personally prefer to use pretty simple patches myself. Often the very layered patches (that takes up a lot of space in a mix) or the patches that are just impressive sounding doesn't work that well in an actual mix imo.
I'm completely with you on that. It is often said that the DX7 sounds thin, while most people don't realize that the DX7 was used so much in so many hit songs because it sits so nicely in a mix as a result of it not doing those huge, complex sounds. There are other reasons as well, but that was a big one.

User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 750
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 12 May 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
09 May 2022
Ottostrom wrote:
08 May 2022
All the sounds in the demo sounds great!
Wish I had upgraded to v2 so I could try them out but I'm still on v1
Thanks. How much is the upgrade to v2?
Its a whopping 43€ :(

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3361
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 13 May 2022

strangers wrote:
11 May 2022
Skimming through patches now and can see myself using a good amount of these. The 'Vokaler' patch happens to be exactly what I've been looking for with one of the newer songs I've been working on. I'll be putting that patch to use immediately.

Parsec2 is very user friendly. It's one of my most used RE synths along with Antidote and Complex-1. You still have me close to pulling the trigger on Algoritm. I'll surely grab one of your refills if you put something together for Algoritm.
Glad you find some patches useful. In the end I do these to fit my own taste and needs. But if anyone else find them useful then that's just a bonus.
I'd probably put some compression on the "Vokaler" patch if I were you, due to it's very jumpy volume. The only reason I didn't do so myself is because I wanted the refill to be combinator free.

Have you pulled the trigger on Algoritm yet? It's on sale now after all. :puf_smile: Maybe now is the time.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3361
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 13 May 2022

Ottostrom wrote:
12 May 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
09 May 2022

Thanks. How much is the upgrade to v2?
Its a whopping 43€ :(
Yeah that's a little steep if you've already bought it once. Having said that, sometimes I'm willing to pay for overpriced stuff if I really want it. There are a few REs I would pay A LOT more than they are worth, simply because they really work for me.

User avatar
TheGodOfRainbows
Posts: 598
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Post 16 May 2022

Another great refill Tritone! Thanks for sharing. As has been discussed, I too appreciate just simple patches with good timbres and nothing too fancy in terms of complexity or effects.

Some of my favorites are
Fresh Air -------------------------------- really nice open airy pad
Sprinkled With Magic Dust ---- aptly named pretty sound
Just Calm Down -------------------- another perfect name. I lol'ed
Bow To Me ---------------------------- it's got that Tritoney twang
Bumblebee And Mosquito ---- more Tritoney zingy twang
Gentle Soul and Annabelle ---- really nice
Ordinary Bass ------------------------ that modulation knob is dialed in just right

Your demo track is unbelievable! Every one of those samples is solid ground for a whole track. I'd like to hear some of those fleshed out. Very nice work.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3361
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 17 May 2022

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
16 May 2022
Another great refill Tritone! Thanks for sharing. As has been discussed, I too appreciate just simple patches with good timbres and nothing too fancy in terms of complexity or effects.

Some of my favorites are
Fresh Air -------------------------------- really nice open airy pad
Sprinkled With Magic Dust ---- aptly named pretty sound
Just Calm Down -------------------- another perfect name. I lol'ed
Bow To Me ---------------------------- it's got that Tritoney twang
Bumblebee And Mosquito ---- more Tritoney zingy twang
Gentle Soul and Annabelle ---- really nice
Ordinary Bass ------------------------ that modulation knob is dialed in just right

Your demo track is unbelievable! Every one of those samples is solid ground for a whole track. I'd like to hear some of those fleshed out. Very nice work.
Thanks man, appreciate it. :puf_smile:
I might make a tune out of the bit starting at 0:17.

Yeah the "Just Calm Down" patch might not be the most useful patch, but I found it quite amusing and "different" if nothing else. :lol:
"Ordinary Bass". I've noticed patch making doesn't necessarily need to be complicated. Which is lucky for me. Many times it's just about using your ear and finding the sweet spot. I go more on intuition than technical abilities. Just like when I write music.

Btw which synth do you think I should explore next? :puf_smile:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7528037

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests