Soundcloud ruining high frequencies

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
valankar

28 Mar 2022

Listening to my songs on Soundcloud I've always been annoyed with the sound quality, especially in the high frequencies. Here is some analysis I did to see what's going on (or at least try):

BRIGGS

28 Mar 2022

+1

They kill my hi hats, for sure. I quit posting there because of that.
r11s

Loque

28 Mar 2022

The quality at Soundcloud is awful.
Reason12, Win10

Paralytik

07 May 2022

I haven't noticed any problems with the high end, but I'm really annoyed by the fact that Soundcloud cuts off the start of all of my tracks.
I don't really use SC for releasing music though, it's more for showing other people sketches and stuff.

Popey
Competition Winner

12 May 2022

Yeah I agree with the sound quality and especially what it does to higher frequencies. I always have a half bar of silence in my uploads to soundcloud to prevent it chopping off the start of tracks.

Arpeg
Competition Winner

12 May 2022

Thanks for the video. It is bad and they want £4.99 for a Master?! Which are all crap, maybe one is ok

I just recently come across Bandlab (cakewalk) which has similar, if not, the same 4 mastering types for FREE so I used one of them for an upload to soundcloud. The particular mastering type actually sorted out my hi hats or maybe they weren't that good in the first place and any mastering would have sorted them out.
Bandlab : "mastering should be free" 👍 Worth a try then seeing as soundcloud are charging for it.

Chizmata

12 May 2022

Paralytik wrote:
07 May 2022
I haven't noticed any problems with the high end, but I'm really annoyed by the fact that Soundcloud cuts off the start of all of my tracks.
I don't really use SC for releasing music though, it's more for showing other people sketches and stuff.
ive started to add 0,5 seconds of silence at the beginning because of that

Paralytik

12 May 2022

Chizmata wrote:
12 May 2022
ive started to add 0,5 seconds of silence at the beginning because of that
Yeah, planning on doing that in the future. Haven't had anything to upload lately though, so prolly gonna set the premium payments on pause.

• Information