Etch red. A thread. Or query put to bed.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Soxious808

11 May 2022

Was hoping to pick up etch red in the next few weeks but it’s disappeared from the shop, anyone know perchance if the dev has pulled it?

moalla

11 May 2022

just checked the shop and 404 bad gateway when i press goto in my rack extension account, seems like fxpension are gone i´m sorry for you Soxious808
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Neo

11 May 2022

A shame, yeah looks like they are no longer selling.
https://www.fxpansion.com/products/etchred/
https://www.reasonexperts.com/etch-red- ... nsion.html
Released 2012
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Catblack

11 May 2022

Thank goodness the manual is still online!

http://www.fxpansion1.com/resourceUploa ... Manual.pdf
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

challism

11 May 2022

Makes me happy that I have all their REs. And sorry for anyone who wants them but doesn't have them.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

dvdrtldg

11 May 2022

I've been a tub thumping evangelical about Etch Red on this forum for years, I guess I can knock it off now

Aosta

12 May 2022

Another one bites the dust :(

I have Tres, Etch Red and the 3 DCAM effects. All great REs..now my worry is forward compatibility as Reason evolves though we were told back in the day that REs were 'future proof'.
Tend the flame

Loque

12 May 2022

AFAIR fXpansion was bought by ROLI years ago. Maybe they recognized a business now that does not fit their plans.
Reason12, Win10

dusan.cani

12 May 2022

Why they didn't offer their REs for free if they decided to end the RE bussiness ? Or at least sell it for symbolic price.

And it's a shame that Reason Studios are killing their own RE platform. They buried the RE shop somewhere deep on the website, they don't promote it anymore, it almost seems they want to abandon it completely with aim to push only Reason + subscription. The homepage of the website should present the new RE arrivals and other stuff about RE world to support the RE platform and motivate the RE developers for new creations. It would be nice to see again some new RE monster synths, but it looks like nobody is interested in the RE platform last years except some devs who keep doing some "simpler" devices.

It's strange that Reason Studios switched the CEO position to someone who has no relationship and passion for the Reason at all. Why Ernst allowed this company to loss its spirit and kill the RE platform ?

crimsonwarlock

12 May 2022

I recently pulled the trigger on getting the DCAM effects I wanted, seems just in time.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

DaveyG

12 May 2022

Yeah, shame to see another one go. Their stuff was not really my bag but the more the merrier in the shop.

They look to have restored the shop link at the top of the home page now so that's a positive thing but it's always amused me that if you go to the RS homepage and use the search box with the exact name of an RE you don't hit it. You have to search from a shop page. It's a weird way to run a sales business.

bxbrkrz

12 May 2022

In the Tres and Etch Red club :thumbs_up:
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Loque

12 May 2022

DaveyG wrote:
12 May 2022
They look to have restored the shop link at the top of the home page now ...
Yay :clap: :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

Despondo
Competition Winner

13 May 2022

Catblack wrote:
11 May 2022
Thank goodness the manual is still online!

http://www.fxpansion1.com/resourceUploa ... Manual.pdf
FYI...Most manuals have been collected here (even from the discontinued RE's): https://www.reasonistas.com/reinventory

Soxious808

13 May 2022

moalla wrote:
11 May 2022
just checked the shop and 404 bad gateway when i press goto in my rack extension account, seems like fxpension are gone i´m sorry for you Soxious808
Thanks folks, should have pulled the trigger on it before! Not been inspired by may madness yet so will have to look harder!

What’s the deal with the reason points store I wonder, seems slim pickings

challism

13 May 2022

More and more of the RE icons in my account are looking like this.
~
RIP.JPG
RIP.JPG (12.8 KiB) Viewed 2380 times
dusan.cani wrote:
12 May 2022
It's strange that Reason Studios switched the CEO position to someone who has no relationship and passion for the Reason at all.
That's not really a fair statement. You might have the opinion that the new CEO has no passion for Reason (at all), but you don't really know that. I'd be surprised if he wasn't somewhat passionate about the core product of the business. Agree with their recent directions and decisions or not, it's hard to deny that the employees and developers are passionate about Reason, and that kind of passion is really contagious; I'd be willing to bet that some of that passion has rubbed off on the new CEO.

dusan.cani wrote:
12 May 2022
it looks like nobody is interested in the RE platform last years except some devs who keep doing some "simpler" devices.
Here are some of the REs that were released in the last couple of years. There are more, but I skipped some that could be considered "simple" (omitted RS REs). And apologies to any devs whose devices I didn't add to the list. But just to get a general idea... these were all released in the last few years. I don't think many of these are can honestly be considered simple. The heyday of REs has passed, but the format is not dead. Thankfully devs keep building and releasing quality REs. I don't think it's accurate to dismiss these devices or call them simple.
REs.png
REs.png (744.93 KiB) Viewed 2368 times

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 May 2022

Soxious808 wrote:
13 May 2022
moalla wrote:
11 May 2022
Thanks folks, should have pulled the trigger on it before! Not been inspired by may madness yet so will have to look harder!

When an RE goes on sale it gets removed from the Rewards section. When the sale is over it gets put back.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

14 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
14 May 2022
Soxious808 wrote:
13 May 2022

When an RE goes on sale it gets removed from the Rewards section. When the sale is over it gets put back.
And they cackle like cartoon supervillains whilst they do it. Muahahahahahahah.

dusan.cani

14 May 2022

challism wrote:
13 May 2022
I don't think it's accurate to dismiss these devices or call them simple.
You' ve missed my point. I did not say that devices released in recent months are "simple". I referred to the context of the "monster" synths. There are no longer interest in the RE development for big synths like Quad or Expanse, etc.

dusan.cani

14 May 2022

challism wrote:
13 May 2022

That's not really a fair statement. You might have the opinion that the new CEO has no passion for Reason (at all), but you don't really know that. I'd be surprised if he wasn't somewhat passionate about the core product of the business. Agree with their recent directions and decisions or not, it's hard to deny that the employees and developers are passionate about Reason, and that kind of passion is really contagious; I'd be willing to bet that some of that passion has rubbed off on the new CEO.
Yes, it's my opinion based on what I see presented by Reason Studios. Just check the video in the history where Ernst presented the RE platform. That was something I call "passion".

challism

14 May 2022

dusan.cani wrote:
14 May 2022
challism wrote:
13 May 2022

Yes, it's my opinion based on what I see presented by Reason Studios. Just check the video in the history where Ernst presented the RE platform. That was something I call "passion".
Well, very few people are as passionate about Reason as Ernst was. Maybe the guys with logo tattoos. I'd be surprised if Ernst had a Reason tattoo.

moalla

14 May 2022

etch is gone, pump also, and i packed the free good buy Re2a gift in a second account....

2020„We’re excited to announce that BFD has been acquired by inMusic, a global leader in music production hardware, software and consumer electronics.
Together with inMusic, the core BFD development team will continue to develop our flagship products. They’re looking forward to this next phase and the opportunities to make BFD even better.“
https://fxpansion.com/news/bfd-joins-inmusic/

so bigger and bigger brands are still the problem, good things getting lost by ignorance and to have a lower amount of competitors my conviction.....

so what‘s up with these mastermind of desaster
o‘ donnel founder of inmusic
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/InMusic_Brands

a really nice interview link but only in german sorry people,
https://www.amazona.de/interview-jack-o ... esis-more/

The main statement at the end says „we could never invent such a mass of genius products with brands like inmusic or behringer, but we own 34 bueros over zhe planet and a lot of engeeners, we have a big focus ob the mass market for cheap stugg and of course also for professional stuff...

emotional stuff become business, business still kills emotions that‘s the truth i wouls say look at roland qnd their „quality products“
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

moalla

15 May 2022

moalla wrote:
14 May 2022
etch is gone, pump also, and i packed the free good buy Re2a gift in a second account damn....

2020„We’re excited to announce that BFD has been acquired by inMusic, a global leader in music production hardware, software and consumer electronics.
Together with inMusic, the core BFD development team will continue to develop our flagship products. They’re looking forward to this next phase and the opportunities to make BFD even better.“
https://fxpansion.com/news/bfd-joins-inmusic/

so bigger and bigger brands are still the problem, good things getting lost by ignorance and to have a lower amount of competitors my conviction.....

so what‘s up with these mastermind of desaster
o‘ donnel founder of inmusic
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/InMusic_Brands

a really nice interview link but only in german sorry people,
https://www.amazona.de/interview-jack-o ... esis-more/

The main statement at the end says „we could never invent such a mass of genius products with brands like inmusic or behringer, but we own 34 bueros over the planet and a lot of engineers, we have a big focus on the mass market for cheap stuff and of course also for professional stuff...

emotional stuff become business, business still kills emotions that‘s the truth i wouls say look at roland and their build quality

ab459

04 Jun 2022

Damn i wanted to grab their synth RE :cry: (fortunately did grab Red once, at least).
There is feeling that Unfiltered Audio will be next.

motuscott

05 Jun 2022

I pulled Etch out of ye olde bag 'o tricks recently. Damn what a well thought out modulation powerhouse!
GAS can be routed by the recognition of chronic ignorance of REs already owned. At least in my case
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information