Stuck notes from the dual arpeggiator in Reason 12

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
robussc

Post 03 May 2022

I tried to search for an answer, but had no luck, so apologies if this has been discussed before.

I'm having trouble with the dual arpeggiator not sending note off sometimes. So in Europa for example the little note on LED remains lit and whatever note continues to play until I stop the sequencer. I've sometimes been able to fix it by deleting the arpeggiator and the re-adding it but eventually the problem comes back.

Anyone else seen this? (I am running on an ancient iMac, but the app still keeps up as long as I don't overload on VSTs!)

It is quite frustrating and seemingly such a silly bug.
Reason user since about version 2! Getting back into making music after too long a hiatus.

mimidancer

Post 05 May 2022

robussc wrote:
03 May 2022
I tried to search for an answer, but had no luck, so apologies if this has been discussed before.

I'm having trouble with the dual arpeggiator not sending note off sometimes. So in Europa for example the little note on LED remains lit and whatever note continues to play until I stop the sequencer. I've sometimes been able to fix it by deleting the arpeggiator and the re-adding it but eventually the problem comes back.

Anyone else seen this? (I am running on an ancient iMac, but the app still keeps up as long as I don't overload on VSTs!)

It is quite frustrating and seemingly such a silly bug.
The only time I ever had hanging midi is Reason it was fixed by changing the hyperthreading option. Maybe this will help? Please let me know.

robussc

Post 09 May 2022

Thanks, Hyperthreading is off currently. You think I should turn it on?
Reason user since about version 2! Getting back into making music after too long a hiatus.

mimidancer

Post 09 May 2022

robussc wrote:
09 May 2022
I have hyperthreading off as well. but the other two options on use audio care and use multicore. My next question is are you using ASIO drivers for your sound card?

jsm201

Post 10 May 2022

If you have "Hold" selected at the top of the Arp it will sometimes continue to play after the sequencer is stopped.

Also, I was having the opposite problem, where the Arp would not start to play until 1 or 2 beats after an automation clip activated Arp 1 or Arp 2. I contacted Reason about this and they said it was a known issue.

robussc

Post 11 May 2022

mimidancer wrote:
09 May 2022
robussc wrote:
09 May 2022
I have hyperthreading off as well. but the other two options on use audio care and use multicore. My next question is are you using ASIO drivers for your sound card?
On a Mac so core audio, but I really think this is midi level issue rather than audio.

robussc

Post 11 May 2022

jsm201 wrote:
10 May 2022
If you have "Hold" selected at the top of the Arp it will sometimes continue to play after the sequencer is stopped.

Also, I was having the opposite problem, where the Arp would not start to play until 1 or 2 beats after an automation clip activated Arp 1 or Arp 2. I contacted Reason about this and they said it was a known issue.
I’m not using the hold feature, interesting on the other bug though.

huggermugger

Post 11 May 2022

jsm201 wrote:
10 May 2022
"Known Issue" - Translation, we don't plan to do anything about it.

• Information